RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Heated steering wheel function not in multimedia display

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-23, 09:41 AM
Dhill
Pit Crew

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

It looks like the F series only include what’s in the Premium model, which only adds the heated steering wheel as an option. Per the 2023 RX brochure, it is not an option for the F series. Can only report what the brochure says. Maybe they figured you F series drivers were going to wear those leather racing gloves🙂.

Old 02-04-23, 09:49 AM
pakoris
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh wow, you would expect this to be an option for a 70k car.
Old 02-04-23, 10:01 AM
Julius071
Intermediate

Received 124 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by daryll40
You didn’t answer if your window sticker shows heated steering wheel as mine does, above. ??
where does it say heated steering wheel? Our 500H spec sheet doesnt show heated steering wheel but we do have it?!
Old 02-04-23, 10:08 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 420 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by pakoris
Oh wow, you would expect this to be an option for a 70k car.
A few thoughts:

1. It appears that you don’t have a heated steering wheel. 😢

2. Yes, I’d be whizzed off big time. It’s a safe assumption that any $70k vehicle would have this. And you should not be faulted for not thinking to double check.

3. The window sticker of my U.S.A. RX350h Luxury vehicle shows heated steering wheel as standard equipment. I’m not sure if it’s standard on ALL RX’s, all USA RX’s, all Luxury package RXs or all USA Luxury package RX’s. And the RX500h with all the packages might be different from the RX350h with all the packages. But somehow your car seems to be none of those and you got bit. This is a big enough deal that I’d do whatever to try to undo the deal. Particularly on the RX500h which is positioned as the “more car” car.

Last edited by daryll40; 02-04-23 at 10:40 AM.
Old 02-04-23, 10:53 AM
hugsmindy
Driver

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

It does not. Mine is a premium+ and the heated steering wheel is a part of the premium+ package. The cold weather package is a completely different option.
Old 02-04-23, 02:13 PM
Eagleboy99
Instructor

Received 279 Likes on 199 Posts

In Canada, even the base model (not sold) has a heated steering wheel. The next level up adds stuff. I note that the F Sport package gives you a three spoke steering wheel. I am surprised that it is not heated.
Old 02-04-23, 04:24 PM
pakoris
10th Gear

I know, it's really bad and I will try to talk to them Monday.

A few thoughts:

2. Yes, I’d be whizzed off big time. It’s a safe assumption that any $70k vehicle would have this. And you should not be faulted for not thinking to double check.

3. The window sticker of my U.S.A. RX350h Luxury vehicle shows heated steering wheel as standard equipment. I’m not sure if it’s standard on ALL RX’s, all USA RX’s, all Luxury package RXs or all USA Luxury package RX’s. And the RX500h with all the packages might be different from the RX350h with all the packages. But somehow your car seems to be none of those and you got bit. This is a big enough deal that I’d do whatever to try to undo the deal. Particularly on the RX500h which is positioned as the “more car” car.
Old 02-04-23, 04:30 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 420 Likes on 286 Posts

I know, it's really bad and I will try to talk to them Monday.
Good luck to you. I’m sorry this happened. As I says before, I think you did nothing wrong in that a heated wheel would be assumed. I’ve done this before, but with only more minor options not being in a purchased car. I hope you can get some sort of resolution.
Old 02-04-23, 05:19 PM
Dhill
Pit Crew

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

A few thoughts:

The heated steering wheel is standard on the Premium+ and the Premium+ standards are included in the Luxury model. Not included on the F series per the 2023 RX brochure. My Premium RX 350h had a lot of the Premium+ features added at the factory for additional cost like the 14 inch display. The heated steering wheel was also added. Don’t know why the F series did not start with the Premium+ or Luxury standards.

Old 02-05-23, 10:22 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 719 Likes on 526 Posts

Yes, it's set to full but barely feel the warm seats.
It is my understanding that the previous generation had a setting for the seat heaters in the vehicle customization. I have never sought it out because my 2021 seats get warm enough to satisfy my wife and myself, but I wouldn't call them hot. I would still explore your customization settings for a fix, but on the previous generation it was under "Vehicle setting; A/C (Climate Control) and there was a -/+ for R & L seats temperature," according to comments posted here. I have also read where some previous gen Lexus RX vehicles have required a replacement heating element amplifier to correct this problem - there was even a TSB issued to address the issue. There is a lengthy discussion in the 4th gen RX subforum and while I know it doesn't directly apply, it may provide some ammunition for your troubleshooting efforts. Here is the link: Heated Seats and Steering Wheel not that Warm - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion
Old 02-05-23, 10:31 AM
Eagleboy99
Instructor

Received 279 Likes on 199 Posts

It appears to be ridiculously complex, but net-net is you can customize the seat heat level in Customization (p. 600 of the manual and on). But at p. 422 consider:
"Operation of the seat heaters is performed automatically according to the temperature setting for the driver’s side/front passenger’s side."
Old 02-05-23, 02:01 PM
hugsmindy
Driver

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Julius071
where does it say heated steering wheel? Our 500H spec sheet doesnt show heated steering wheel but we do have it?!
On my premium+, it’s shown under the interior features. (See the right column.)

Old 02-05-23, 02:11 PM
Julius071
Intermediate

Received 124 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by hugsmindy
On my premium+, it’s shown under the interior features. (See the right column.)
I still dont see it in our spec sheet but its installed in our 500H
Old 02-06-23, 05:35 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

If you go to the Lexus site and go to the RX models, you can compare all models with a chart for each. The F Sports do not have the heated steering wheel. They get a leather sport wheel. What is Lexus cold area package?
Cold Weather Package with Headlamp Leveling - Includes: Windshield wiper de-icer; Heavy-duty heater. $315. CT. Cold Weather Package without Headlamp Leveling - Includes: Windshield wiper de-icer; Heavy-duty heater. $200.
Hope this helps some...sorry you might have been guided wrong.
Old 02-06-23, 05:43 AM
pakoris
10th Gear

I went to another dealer with simillar specs but without Mark Levinson but 14" display. And that has the heated steering icon on the multimedia display. This is really confusing and the only difference with that one and mine is the ML setup.
The following users liked this post:
Julius071 (02-06-23)

Quick Reply: Heated steering wheel function not in multimedia display