RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Heated steering wheel function not in multimedia display

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-23, 06:28 AM
pakoris
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Heated steering wheel function not in multimedia display

Hi All,

New member here from WA state. I brought a 2023 500h. It has cold air package and heated ventilated seats. However, the steering wheel heat function is not there in the multimedia display next to heated seats area. I've called lexus customer support and they confirm it should be there and raised a ticket number for me. This is my first lexus and not the best experiance of knowing missing features.
Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks so much
The following users liked this post:
Julius071 (02-04-23)
Old 02-04-23, 07:11 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 420 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by pakoris
Hi All,

New member here from WA state. I brought a 2023 500h. It has cold air package and heated ventilated seats. However, the steering wheel heat function is not there in the multimedia display next to heated seats area. I've called lexus customer support and they confirm it should be there and raised a ticket number for me. This is my first lexus and not the best experiance of knowing missing features.

Thanks so much
This doesn't sound right. Can you post a photo?
Old 02-04-23, 07:37 AM
pakoris
10th Gear

Here it is. It's very strange
Old 02-04-23, 08:16 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Here it is. It's very strange
OK, one of two things I am guessing: 1. Maybe your vehicle doesn't have the heated steering wheel. Unlikely. 2. There is some setting that makes the button go away for people who don't want to be bothered with it. Not sure why anyone would use that setting, but perhaps it is a thing.

That being said, does the car window sticker list it as mine does, here, 7th bullet point down under "INTERIOR":

Old 02-04-23, 08:21 AM
pakoris
10th Gear

It strange as even lexus customer support went through troubleshooting with me. Also, the seat heating is very mild on these? is it normal?
Old 02-04-23, 08:30 AM
Eagleboy99
Instructor

Received 279 Likes on 199 Posts

Those three dashes about the hot/cold seat icons indicate the amount of heat/cold. AFAIK, ALL 350h's have a heated wheel. At least in Canada.
Old 02-04-23, 08:34 AM
pakoris
10th Gear

Yes, it's set to full but barely feel the warm seats.

Originally Posted by Eagleboy99
Those three dashes about the hot/cold seat icons indicate the amount of heat/cold. AFAIK, ALL 350h's have a heated wheel. At least in Canada.
Old 02-04-23, 08:40 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

It strange as even lexus customer support went through troubleshooting with me. Also, the seat heating is very mild on these? is it normal?
You didn’t answer if your window sticker shows heated steering wheel as mine does, above. ??
Old 02-04-23, 08:42 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

My heated seats almost burn my tookis. It sounds like there is some “winter/not-winter” setting not correctly applied.
Old 02-04-23, 08:43 AM
pakoris
10th Gear

It doesn't. According to customer service it's part of the cold air package
Old 02-04-23, 08:54 AM
Julius071
Intermediate

Received 124 Likes on 91 Posts

Hi All,

Thanks so much
Welcome and congrats on your 500H! I am also in the WA state (Snohomish County) Very interesting that your heating steering wheel is on in the multimedia display. Have you looked into the "Vehicle Customize" setting?! Here is a photo of where it should be, mine is the standard 9" display and seems like you have the upgrade 14" display?!

Old 02-04-23, 08:59 AM
pakoris
10th Gear

I live in Bothell. So, we should be close. Yes, I looked at multimedia display and it should be next to seat heating according to customer service too. I do have 14" display and looked at customization and can't seem to find anything related to it.

Originally Posted by Julius071
Welcome and congrats on your 500H! I am also in the WA state (Snohomish County) Very interesting that your heating steering wheel is on in the multimedia display. Have you looked into the "Vehicle Customize" setting?! Here is a photo of where it should be, mine is the standard 9" display and seems like you have the upgrade 14" display?!
Old 02-04-23, 09:01 AM
Julius071
Intermediate

Received 124 Likes on 91 Posts

I live in Bothell. So, we should be close. Yes, I looked at multimedia display and it should be next to seat heating according to customer service too. I do have 14" display and looked at customization and can't seem to find anything related to it.
Hello neighbor! According to your spec sheet you have the Iridum color because of the extra cost. Let me know if you need assistance via PM on here more than happy to help!
Old 02-04-23, 09:29 AM
chuuck1e
Pit Crew

Received 96 Likes on 57 Posts

I do not believe the $100 cold area package includes a heated steering wheel. A heated steering wheel is a $750 option on the RX models where it is available. From looking at the brochure, it does not appear that a heated steering wheel is even available as an option on the 500h (or the 350 FSport). I guess a heated steering wheel is not considered sporty enough for the FSport models.
Old 02-04-23, 09:36 AM
pakoris
10th Gear

Makes sense, but that's what customer service told me.

Originally Posted by chuuck1e
I do not believe the $100 cold area package includes a heated steering wheel. A heated steering wheel is a $750 option on the RX models where it is available. From looking at the brochure, it does not appear that a heated steering wheel is even available as an option on the 500h (or the 350 FSport). I guess a heated steering wheel is not considered sporty enough for the FSport models.

Quick Reply: Heated steering wheel function not in multimedia display