RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Auto Start/Stop defeat module...

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-24, 05:54 PM
kry226
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Markfm
So how did it work out? Successfully defeating the start/stop without harming anything else? (I did find one for-sale item in a quick search, $27, supposed to work up to the '23 RX 350 - I've sent the distributor a message to confirm that it would also work for the '24).
Yup, inquiring minds want to know!
Old 03-01-24, 08:10 PM
BLUKTY2
Driver

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

I am also waiting patiently to hear how this worked out. I know that it is easily disabled at each startup with the push of a button but I would much rather disable it completely once and for all.
Old 03-04-24, 09:21 AM
thesemes
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BLUKTY2
I am also waiting patiently to hear how this worked out. I know that it is easily disabled at each startup with the push of a button but I would much rather disable it completely once and for all.

I never got to find out. Lexus bought the car back at 600 miles.
Old 03-04-24, 07:08 PM
Elvisfan
Pit Crew

Received 82 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by thesemes
So you started this thread a year ago. What happened to the car?
Old 03-04-24, 08:27 PM
BLUKTY2
Driver

Originally Posted by thesemes
Well that must not have been a pleasant experience......... Thanks for replying anyway and I hope that your path forward goes much better!
The following users liked this post:
thesemes (05-04-24)
Old 04-30-24, 11:01 AM
jdct
9th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello friends,
Bumping this thread to see if anyone successfully installed a start stop defeat module that worked. Thought there might be an update.
Old 04-30-24, 11:32 AM
Urlik
Instructor

Received 614 Likes on 421 Posts

You might want to look through this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...t-disable.html
I suspect that whatever works in the NX will also work in the RX. They probably use the same stop/start module and definitely use the same defeat switch on the console.

Last edited by Urlik; 05-01-24 at 07:21 PM.
Old 05-01-24, 07:19 PM
BLUKTY2
Driver

Originally Posted by Urlik
You might want to look through this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...t-disable.html
I see no reason that whatever works in the NX will work in the RX. They probably use the same stop/start module and definitely use the same defeat switch on the console.
Thank you for this link. I cannot wait to disable mine! I'm not sure when I will get around to it but will post back when I finally do.
Old 05-02-24, 04:21 AM
Carbuff2
Intermediate

Received 199 Likes on 142 Posts

I agree that stop/starts systems are annoying on ICE vehicles.

On our European car, I have learned to compensate for its stop/start by pausing a car-length back and creeping to the red light. It's simple muscle memory.
We DO have a few intersections here with a 2-minute red light cycle, on those I let the S/S do its thing.

BUT just to guilt you into letting the S/S work <---my Mom taught me how to do that, LOL... have a look at the video below.
SPOILER ALERT: The break-even point is ~ 7 seconds of engine OFF.

Old 05-03-24, 11:00 AM
SonOfABisc
Driver

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

"I have learned to compensate for its stop/start by pausing a car-length back and creeping to the red light."

I was going to say that I bet other drivers behind you loooove that, but then I saw you were from NJ.
Old 05-03-24, 01:14 PM
Carbuff2
Intermediate

Received 199 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by SonOfABisc
"I have learned to compensate for its stop/start by pausing a car-length back and creeping to the red light."

I was going to say that I bet other drivers behind you loooove that, but then I saw you were from NJ.
LOL,

You should see how well I do the "Jersey Slide" on our highways.

https://bestofnj.com/features/nj-voc...-jersey-slide/

+++++++++++++++++

More seriously, from my decades of driving Company Cars (where the shops fitted the CHEAPEST brake pads that tended to transfer hot pad material to the rotors) I have learned to creep at the end of exit ramps or at the traffic light at the bottom of one steep hill. That way the pad material will not cause shaking.

So, compensating for stop/start mechanisms comes naturally...
Old 05-27-24, 07:39 PM
BLUKTY2
Driver

Default Auto Stop/Start Delete

Greetings all. I know that this has been discussed here in at least one previous thread but since I have not come upon a write-up on the process in this RX forum, I decided to do so in the hopes that this will help out someone- perhaps many. All and all it is real easy and quick to accomplish. First off, I purchased this: Stop/Start Delete

To start the process, remove the shift **** (it just unscrews) then remove the right and left side trim pieces along the sides of the center console. They are held in place by standard clips used in most vehicles. A basic plastic pry tool is all that is needed.

Then remove the top trim piece; it is also held in place by the same type of clips.

The hardest part for me was removing the top trim piece after it was unclipped. It took some jostling around to get it lifted up to the point where I could unclip the wiring harness that connects all of the controls and completely remove it. It would help a great deal to remove the armrest, as this piece makes it hard to remove the top trim piece, but I managed. The wire harness has a tab that needs to be pressed in order to remove it.

The rest is simple. Plug in the adapter and put things back together. Works flawlessly so far and I will not miss having to press the auto start/stop button every time I start the car.

Happy motoring and be safe.

Pete
The following 2 users liked this post by BLUKTY2:
Carbuff2 (05-28-24), neilsarkar (05-28-24)