RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

My Rx300

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-07 | 03:22 AM
bloo1987
Lead Lap

Default My Rx300

So I said I would post up pics and mods of my RX300. So here it is!!!

Angel eyes with eyelids

Custom engine cover

Audio system link:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...w+audio+system

Theres more, but I have to take lots of pictures.
Old 09-12-07 | 05:33 AM
99RX300'd
Driver School Candidate

Very nice!
Old 09-12-07 | 08:19 AM
miniround
Lexus Test Driver

hot angel eyes. not to mention the eyelids
Old 09-12-07 | 09:03 AM
sgv_bum
Lexus Test Driver

nice and clean.
Old 09-12-07 | 09:31 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

I like that engine cover.
Old 09-12-07 | 09:36 AM
zombie
Lead Lap

nice! cant wait to see the other pics.
Old 09-12-07 | 06:23 PM
bloo1987
Lead Lap

Custom painted bumper (might be dirty, just came back from a drive)

Front tint 38%

DVD player

DVD screens

Hyper voltage system

Secret Weapon-R Intake

More to come soon!!! I have more mods to do this week or next.
Old 09-14-07 | 04:51 PM
Francis
Pole Position

Nice setup man Show me some angel eye pic at night please!
Old 09-21-07 | 08:10 PM
bloo1987
Lead Lap

Hey sorry. I'll post up night pics of the angel eyes soon.

I just did my dual exhaust. I think it sounds better in person. And there is something that needs to be fixed because there is this whistle noise when it goes into high RPM. And also when you release the gas is also makes this noise like something is inside the piping. I think it looks great and souns ok. Video sound quality sucks.

Old 09-22-07 | 01:47 AM
bloo1987
Lead Lap

My exhaust system:

Replaced the reonator(don't know if thats how you spell it) the one in the middle of the car? with a magnaflow muffler part no. 12276 then from there used alunumized steel piping i think 2.5" or 2.25" to goto the back and from where the flange used to be i did a Y-pipe to make a dual exhaust.

My friends says it sounds like a american car. maybe a little, but i still think its a bit too loud. i was looking for a more sport toned sound. is there anyway of quieting this sound? my other friend mentioned putting the stock resontor back on and do straight pipe from there?
Old 09-22-07 | 01:53 AM
tcheung87
Lexus Test Driver

Wow... Well the first thing you need to do is get a resonator, either the stock one or Magnaflow, who makes very good resonators as well. Then you need mufflers before each exhaust tip, the resonator is straight through so there is no restriction there, they purposely remove the "rasp" out of the exhaust tone so you get that throaty tuned sound, but it will still be too loud without mufflers so make sure you have a muffler for each outlet.
Old 09-22-07 | 05:50 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Very interesting.

I recognized one of those sounds toward the end of the video...an exhaust shrill. There is a guy at my track with an SRT-4 that has similar piping but he has some tight bends (crushed as opposed to mandrel bent piping) toward the rear of the exhaust system (I have this too on my RX but more toward the front of the vehicle), and his SRT also has this shrill. As I recall he has nothing more than a glasspack resonator and a very small diameter muffler (just a tad larger than the resonator). I got a video of him racing my friend Alvaro (the green golf in my daytime video), and that sound is noticeable, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quYtQMY0bJw

That stage 3 SRT is one mean machine, puts out over 300 hp, but the particular driver of this one is not the best.

tcheung87 mentioned the need for mufflers on the back and this is true. I once ran an APC oval muffler as my resonator and just had a pipe from it straight back no muffler and also quite loud.
Old 09-22-07 | 11:08 AM
bloo1987
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tcheung87
Wow... Well the first thing you need to do is get a resonator, either the stock one or Magnaflow, who makes very good resonators as well. Then you need mufflers before each exhaust tip, the resonator is straight through so there is no restriction there, they purposely remove the "rasp" out of the exhaust tone so you get that throaty tuned sound, but it will still be too loud without mufflers so make sure you have a muffler for each outlet.
i doubt there is room before each exhaust tip to put a muffler in. so your saying i should just take out the mangaflow muffler i have now where the resonator used to be? and put the stock one or a magnaflow resonator instead?
Old 09-22-07 | 11:09 AM
bloo1987
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lexmex
Very interesting.

I recognized one of those sounds toward the end of the video...an exhaust shrill. There is a guy at my track with an SRT-4 that has similar piping but he has some tight bends (crushed as opposed to mandrel bent piping) toward the rear of the exhaust system (I have this too on my RX but more toward the front of the vehicle), and his SRT also has this shrill. As I recall he has nothing more than a glasspack resonator and a very small diameter muffler (just a tad larger than the resonator). I got a video of him racing my friend Alvaro (the green golf in my daytime video), and that sound is noticeable, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quYtQMY0bJw

That stage 3 SRT is one mean machine, puts out over 300 hp, but the particular driver of this one is not the best.

tcheung87 mentioned the need for mufflers on the back and this is true. I once ran an APC oval muffler as my resonator and just had a pipe from it straight back no muffler and also quite loud.
is there anyway to get rid of this shrill??
Old 09-22-07 | 11:55 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

With the size of the resonator being a little larger that should kill the shrill. Raspy noises can also be killed the same way. Other way to do it is to enlargen the diameter of the piping, but no need to do that.

Do you hear this shrill on the road at all?

Quick Reply: My Rx300