RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

2007 RX350 - Nav access while moving

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-09 | 05:26 PM
ports
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 RX350 - Nav access while moving

I've been searching the forums for "nav screen mod" and "nav mod rx350" and haven't found what i was looking for.

i have a 2007 rx350. the screen locks you out while the car is moving.. is there anyway to disable that lock?

ports
Old 05-31-09 | 11:45 AM
Nomi
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

try searching posts by me and you should find some info
Old 05-31-09 | 03:06 PM
ecount00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.coastaletech.com/lockpick3.htm

One option. Ultimate lockpick 3 basic.
Old 05-31-09 | 04:31 PM
rchaseio
Driver School Candidate

...or do it the zero-cost way. Not sure if this works with 2007, but in my 2006, I hit Menu, then Volume, then do the upper-left corner, lower-left corner, upper-left corner, lower-left corner bit. Hold override until it clicks. Hit back and I'm good to go, until I turn the engine off. Gotten pretty good at it...
Old 05-31-09 | 04:52 PM
ecount00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that works in older cars with nav dvd v 5 or below. Certainly worth a try but I don't think that will work in the 07 which probably came with dvd v 6, depending on production date. once the secret got out, Lexus took that feature away in later releases. thats why products like lockpick popped up other members figured out wire cutting and homemade dvd options.
Old 05-31-09 | 04:54 PM
RxInAtl
Driver School Candidate

That depends on the version of the Nav disk you're using.

Ver 6.1, 7.1 and 8.1 won't allow that keypress sequence (unless you burn a hybrid disk). The coastal tech solution will work with them all.
Old 10-13-09 | 05:35 PM
leton
Driver School Candidate

I have an '09 RX350 with NAV. I have installed the Vais Tech SL2Vi. The unit works perfectly, but does not override the NAV. However, I recently purchased the NAV override kit from Prestigious Society (www.prestigioussociety.com). The unit overrides the locked NAV features exactly as it describes on their website, and I couldn't be happier with the end result. I can now listen to and watch all my videos via the NAV unit (while in motion), as well as operate all the GPS and phone features. Had them installed separately at an auto stereo shop. Each install was actually less than an hour. I highly recommend that ipod / NAV override solution as being superior to anything out there short of replacing the NAV unit altogether.
Old 10-13-09 | 06:53 PM
rookie07
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by leton
I have an '09 RX350 with NAV. I have installed the Vais Tech SL2Vi. The unit works perfectly, but does not override the NAV. However, I recently purchased the NAV override kit from Prestigious Society (www.prestigioussociety.com). The unit overrides the locked NAV features exactly as it describes on their website, and I couldn't be happier with the end result. I can now listen to and watch all my videos via the NAV unit (while in motion), as well as operate all the GPS and phone features. Had them installed separately at an auto stereo shop. Each install was actually less than an hour. I highly recommend that ipod / NAV override solution as being superior to anything out there short of replacing the NAV unit altogether.
So, you had to replace the unit in order to watch DVD's thru the Nav unit?

~Rookie
Old 10-14-09 | 11:30 AM
Jprx350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ports
I've been searching the forums for "nav screen mod" and "nav mod rx350" and haven't found what i was looking for.

i have a 2007 rx350. the screen locks you out while the car is moving.. is there anyway to disable that lock?

ports
This is a simple question. If you want to used your nav while in motion, you can: 1) cut the wires and rewired them to do a nav bypass or 2) by a module kit that will bypass that.

The up down whatever menu doesnt work for your car, nor does the hybrid dvd. I research them both.

the best and worth the money is the bypass module kit from prestigous society. it unlock the navigation and also the dvd movie and phone while in motion.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...available.html
Old 10-14-09 | 11:32 AM
Jprx350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by leton
I agree!!!! YOU are totally Right!!!
Old 10-15-09 | 11:56 PM
leton
Driver School Candidate

Rookie,

No I didn't have to replace the NAV unit. It totally integrates with the existing NAV unit. Nor did any wires have to be cut. The Prestigious Society Override kit works perfectly. Didn't have to change out anything OEM on the NAV at all. Note that I did this to play videos (and music) from my iphone which I got the Vais Tech kit for. The Vais Tech Kit is arguably the best ipod interface kit for our Lexus vehicles. The Prestigious Society kit enables complete override of the locked down features that Lexus does on the NAV unit. I do not (and can not) play DVDs through my CD player.

Last edited by leton; 10-16-09 at 12:01 AM.
Old 10-12-10 | 07:56 PM
330black
Driver School Candidate

04 rx 330, do you know what wires to cut, and between what wires to install the switch to watch dvd on front display when driving(I have a rear entertainment system on the ceiling) I'll apreciate any help