RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

19" Wheels + Other Options/Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-09, 03:32 PM
Btmnk21
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 19" Wheels + Other Options/Accessories

Does anyone know when options and accessories can be typically be purchased?

Do you have to buy them from the dealer?

I kinda want the 19" wheels, but I was told (as were many people) that they were only available with the sport package and the sport package was very rare.

The wheels are listed as a standalone option. Is this a lie or do I need to wait 3-6 months to be able to order items like that?
Old 04-16-09, 04:21 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I asked the similar question to my dealer before. The car with options/features I like but they don't have can be ordered from the plant. However, he isn't sure how long it will take.

You may check the varied dealers for 19" wheels.

For example, Remote Engine Start, some ppl said it's the factory-installed feature, others said it's not. Dunno. Then, the sale rep in 1st dealer told me they don't have that feature. And, I won't be able to find this type of '10RX because all NE dealers have the same packages/options/features. However, when going to 2nd dealer, they have this feature installed on some of their '10RX.

I still don't know if this feature is factory-installed or not, but you may find the different answers when checking other dealers. I guess it's worth a try. IMO.
Old 04-17-09, 10:21 AM
juliee
Driver School Candidate

I ordered my '10 RX at the 1st of March. It has just arrived at the dealer. My salesman told me the remote start and glass breakage sensor will be installed at the dealer. The 19 in tires are hard to get. They originally told me I would have to wait up to 3 months for another '10 RX with 19 in to come in in order to send those off to be chromed. I pushed back and now they are telling me 4 weeks to have 19 in chromed wheels on my new one.
Old 04-17-09, 10:39 AM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by juliee
I ordered my '10 RX at the 1st of March. It has just arrived at the dealer. My salesman told me the remote start and glass breakage sensor will be installed at the dealer. The 19 in tires are hard to get. They originally told me I would have to wait up to 3 months for another '10 RX with 19 in to come in in order to send those off to be chromed. I pushed back and now they are telling me 4 weeks to have 19 in chromed wheels on my new one.
Thanks for your info.
Old 04-18-09, 07:22 AM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by juliee
When I inquired about the glass breakage sensor at my dealers I was told it's only a "factory install". I hope your dealer is right and I can get one installed after delivery of my new RX.
Old 04-18-09, 09:34 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Since it's a new model, dealers and Lexus are playing around with what options to make standard in each area.

Here in the Southwest, 19" wheels are standard, as is the Premium package, and the back-up camera. But some cars are getting Remote Start, some the glass breakage sensor. Some aren't.

Lexus just solicited us for opinions on what options to drop and what to add, so we should see a standardization in packages and MSRP's soon.
Old 04-20-09, 05:01 PM
snow001
Driver School Candidate

I live in the NE as well and I have been shopping around and have been told the same thing that the following options are only available on the cars w/ Luxury Package:

19" tires
Remote start
Glass Breakage

And that if I really want to have these options without getting the Luxury Package, it will have to be special ordered and that means a long waiting period.

I am not in a hurry so I hope that in a few months that cars with these options will start to become more plentiful along with a more significant reduction in the current MSRP
Old 04-20-09, 05:48 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by snow001
I live in the NE as well and I have been shopping around and have been told the same thing that the following options are only available on the cars w/ Luxury Package:

19" tires
Remote start
Glass Breakage

And that if I really want to have these options without getting the Luxury Package, it will have to be special ordered and that means a long waiting period.

I am not in a hurry so I hope that in a few months that cars with these options will start to become more plentiful along with a more significant reduction in the current MSRP
snow001, welcome aboard.

I don't know 19" tires, but I got some info about other 2 options.

There are dealers telling me they're factory installed features. However, some ppl here said they're dealer installed ones. Well, one of dealers here printed out the detailed sheet of one '10RX350, which has $205.00 GBS and $375.00 Remote Engine Start. And, this car only has Premium, Comfort, and Navi packages. So, what does this mean?

You should be able to find them in other dealers. Keep looking!!!

If you're looking for Lux package '10RX350, wish you good luck. So far I only found one here. Except the pre-order, I won't be able to get HUD and the power folding outsides mirrors.
Old 04-20-09, 06:42 PM
2010RX
Driver School Candidate

Snow001,
Have you tried this NJ Lexus dealership?

http://www.warnocklexus.com/

I know of at least one RX in the configuration that rets94 mentions that recently passed through their hands. My local dealer recently showed me detailed sheets for two cars with that configuration.
Old 04-20-09, 07:45 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by snow001

19" tires
Remote start
Glass Breakage

Just have them dealer trade for a Southern region car. They almost all have that features. They'll probably charge you for the transportation, but never hurts to ask.
Old 04-21-09, 07:00 AM
snow001
Driver School Candidate

Thank you very much for all of your suggestions and for the warm welcome. I will definitely go to other dealers and see what they can offer and see how it all plays out.

Thanks again