RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Huskyliners

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-10, 11:10 AM
MikeLaw
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Huskyliners

Has anyone here bought the huskyliners mats since they came out? A friend has them on his truck and I think they are a bit better than the weathertech in that case. It looks like they provide a bit more coverage on the RX, but I would love to hear from someone who has bought them already. I know that there are lots of satisfied weathertech customers here from the search function, but I couldn't find anyone who installed the huskys.
Old 03-15-10, 01:54 PM
ziggy1
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeLaw
Has anyone here bought the huskyliners mats since they came out? A friend has them on his truck and I think they are a bit better than the weathertech in that case. It looks like they provide a bit more coverage on the RX, but I would love to hear from someone who has bought them already. I know that there are lots of satisfied weathertech customers here from the search function, but I couldn't find anyone who installed the huskys.
I just put weathertech in mine today and the fit is good and tight. I'm not terribly fond of their looks, but my only real concern is the collecting of dirt where the lips meet the carpet. I've used weathertech in the past (different cars, different mat models) but I'm not familiar with the huskyliners.Do you have any pictures?
Old 03-15-10, 05:29 PM
MikeLaw
Driver School Candidate

If you go to their website (www.huskyliners.com), they have pictures of the front/back liners and they appear to cover the dead pedal and a bit more, but they don't have pictures of them installed or in the cargo area. I've emailed them to ask if they have any pictures, since I think it would help me decide as well.
Old 03-16-10, 05:27 AM
ziggy1
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks I checked out their site. Looks as though get more coverage of dead pedal than weathertech which is good, but not sure of how fit at the accelerator pedal. Interesting...
Old 03-16-10, 08:18 AM
MikeLaw
Driver School Candidate

Well, I just ordered the floormats and trunk liner from AutoAnything for $188 with the 10% code and free shipping. I'll post pictures once I get them installed.
Old 03-16-10, 10:07 AM
MikeLaw
Driver School Candidate

They just sent me a few pictures of the liners via email. The engineer took them with a cell phone, so the quality isn't that great, but it shows the basic look of them.
Attached Thumbnails Huskyliners-2010-lexus-rx-2nd.jpg   Huskyliners-2010-lexus-rx-ds.jpg   Huskyliners-2010-lexus-rx-ds1.jpg   Huskyliners-2589_lexus-rx350-and-rx450h-0.jpg   Huskyliners-2589_lexus-rx350-and-rx450h-0-2-.jpg  

Old 03-16-10, 11:26 AM
jclem
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, The dead foot area is covered MUCH better than weathertech's!!

What color are the front and rear seat floor mats? They look a lot closer in color to the dark brown dash, etc, which I like. They sure don't look like the cargo liner which is certainly tan. I'm not so wild about how far the back edge of the cargo liner sticks up, however. The weathertech back lip comes just flush with the car's plastic edge which is better for sliding things in and out.
Old 03-16-10, 01:01 PM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jclem
What color are the front and rear seat floor mats? They look a lot closer in color to the dark brown dash, etc, which I like. They sure don't look like the cargo liner which is certainly tan.
I'm they are all the same its only shade on the front where the rear door has sun on it.
Old 03-16-10, 01:09 PM
MikeLaw
Driver School Candidate

I believe they are the same shade as well. They only list black, gray and tan, so I believe they are all "tan." I'm not so sure about the cargo liner either. I suppose one could trim the back edge to meet the plastic. It also appears that there is no provision for lowering the rear seats and covering that area.
Old 03-17-10, 04:09 AM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Thank you for the photographs.

It looks like the Huskyliners mats do an excellent job of covering the area under the pedals and especially the dead foot area. The Weathertechs don't cover that area quite as well.

However it doesn't appear as though the Huskyliners mats have holes in them to hook into the built-in mat retainer hooks.

Is there any concern the Huskyliners mats will move around?

My Weathertechs have retainer hook holes with a lip around the hole to prevent water from easily entering. This winter there was a lot of water, salt, ice and snow that didn't make it onto the carpet because of the construction of the Weathertech mats.

Last edited by DunWkg; 03-17-10 at 04:12 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-24-10, 10:04 AM
MikeLaw
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DunWkg
However it doesn't appear as though the Huskyliners mats have holes in them to hook into the built-in mat retainer hooks.

Is there any concern the Huskyliners mats will move around?
They don't have holes. They ask you to pop out the hooks, which are clips that easily detach. My sense is that the fit of the liners is so snug that they really couldn't move. I've only had them in for a day, but I'm not concerned about them shifting at all and I'm happy with the way that they cover the dead pedal and the overall quality.

However, I'm not that crazy about the cargo liner and looking closely at the WeatherTech photos, I'm pretty sure I'm going to return the Husky cargo liner and go with the WeatherTech. Not only does the lip interfere with sliding stuff into and out of the back, but it blocks the cargo net and makes it lie funny.