RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

2010 rx350 eco zone light problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-10, 03:30 PM
BEARCATJER
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 rx350 eco zone light problem

Today I had my oil changed at my friendly local oil change place..I live 90 miles from nearest Lexus dealer..and when i was on the way home I noticed my ECO Zone light wasnt working.I know that when i was at the oil change place he reset the Maintenance Required message which shows up at various mileage intervals,so I wonder if somehow that also affected the ECO ZONE light. Im not that car savvy so I hope someone on this forum has had some experience with this type problem. I read the manual and it didnt say anything about how to turn the indicator on or off.My car only has 9000 miles on it so im sure the light probably didnt go out. Before I call my dealer and see how to fix this..Im sure it is some button, switch etc. I would appreciate any feedback anyone can provide on this. I really pay attention to the ECO ZONE indicator while driving so I need to get it fixed. Thanks so much.
Old 07-01-10, 03:44 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You should find a button/toggle switch on your steering wheel to toggle through the various options.
Old 07-02-10, 09:42 AM
zak21
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 4482
You should find a button/toggle switch on your steering wheel to toggle through the various options.
I think hes talking about the green eco light on the instrument panel not the bar graph on the multi-display. Which to the best of my knowledge is not configurable.

I would talk to your dealer.
Old 07-02-10, 11:35 AM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Are you referring to the ECO light that comes on when you are driving economically, or are you referring to the ECO driving mode that you turn on to reduce gas consumption my limiting throttle/pedal application.

Try this PDF (Page 2 and 7)
http://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdriver...html&locale=en

or this (page 6)
Old 07-02-10, 12:12 PM
zak21
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RXSF
Are you referring to the ECO light that comes on when you are driving economically, or are you referring to the ECO driving mode that you turn on to reduce gas consumption my limiting throttle/pedal application.

Try this PDF (Page 2 and 7)

or this (page 6)
Good links, thanks for the info.

So the eco light is configurable... OP try the procedure in the first link posted by RXSF. Hopefully that will fix your problem.

Also FYI the 350 does not have an eco "mode" that limits throttle or shifting only the 450h has this. The eco light/bar graph we have is simply shows the driver when they are diving in the most efficient manner to save gas.
Old 07-02-10, 03:23 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

oops, yeah I wasnt sure if the regular RX had an eco mode. So hopefully one of those links solves his problem
Old 07-04-10, 06:04 AM
MartyE
Driver School Candidate

Default Shutting off the ECO light

I've already been down this road with our new well crafted but somewhat user hostle RX350. The bad news is that while the owners manual leads you to believe that you turn off this vexing dumb light you really can't. The good news, however, is that the dealer can. Our dealer did it for me, and at the same time, using some double-secret method, reprogramed the ship's computer so that the rear cargo door now opens itself when you press the unlock button.
Old 07-04-10, 01:27 PM
jay_man2
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MartyE
I've already been down this road with our new well crafted but somewhat user hostle RX350. The bad news is that while the owners manual leads you to believe that you turn off this vexing dumb light you really can't. The good news, however, is that the dealer can. Our dealer did it for me, and at the same time, using some double-secret method, reprogramed the ship's computer so that the rear cargo door now opens itself when you press the unlock button.
You can turn the ECO light on and off yourself. It may not be explained well in the manual, but you can do it. I think you hold the menu button down until the setting change screen for it pops up, then toggle it on or off and hit enter on that toggle switch thingy.

Last edited by jay_man2; 07-05-10 at 06:52 AM.
Old 07-05-10, 02:53 AM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jay_man2
You can turn the ECO light on and off yourself. It may not be explained well in the manual, but you can do it. I think you hold the menu button down until the setting change screen for it pops up, the toggle it on or off and hit enter on that toggle switch thingy.
Jay is right. There is a second menu, but it can only be accessed when in Park, the same one referred to above by RXSF... Very simple actually...
Old 07-05-10, 11:39 AM
jay_man2
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Johnny
Jay is right. There is a second menu, but it can only be accessed when in Park, the same one referred to above by RXSF... Very simple actually...
You just need to be completely stopped to turn it on or off. The car doesn't need to be in Park.
Old 07-05-10, 09:47 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks Jay, I'll try that out next time...
Old 07-06-10, 03:18 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MartyE
really?!?! the rear cargo door opens automatically when you press the unlock button?!?! dayam, i need to see my dealer for this!
Old 07-10-10, 06:16 AM
BEARCATJER
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all the suggestions to my original post. I have been out of town and just saw them. I am referring to the green light which shows up in the instrument panel while I am driving ,not the bar graph which is accessible through the steering wheel indicator control.I tried to get the green light to go back on through the steering wheel indicator,but so far no luck. I will now review the various suggestionns in this thread and see if i can figure it out.

Appreciate the help. The Lexus forum has really saved my bacon on several occasions since i live about 90 miles from the nearest dealer.