RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

My New RX Pic

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-10, 03:53 PM
klopez3709
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile My New RX Pic

My New RX Pic-rx-350-4.jpg

My new RX - picked up Sat. 8/21/2010. The VIN says it was made 6/2010.
Black Obs.
Nav
Comfort Package
Prem
and some other things that the good people on the site are helping me figure out.

Last edited by klopez3709; 08-25-10 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Took off pic with license plate #.
Old 08-25-10, 04:04 PM
BCRCornet
Driver

Default Figuring Out...

Originally Posted by klopez3709
My new RX - picked up Sat. 8/21/2010.
and some other things I haven't figured out how to use yet.
I tend to keep my cars for a LONG time. I expect that 10 years from now, a light bulb will go off, and I'll say, "Oh! I didn't know the car could do THAT!"
Old 08-25-10, 04:12 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

Then I guess it'll take 20 years for the hybrid owners like me to figure out everything Even after 12 years in an RX I don't know it all.

Congrats and enjoy!
Old 08-25-10, 04:14 PM
klopez3709
Rookie

A few things I haven't figured out yet is:

The rain-sensitive wipers - what setting to put it at for automatic and when they are supposed to go on - when its just drizzling or a heavier rain. It was drizzling this a.m. and the wipers did not come on. The rain seemed to be beading on the windshield.

How to keep the audio display on so I can see the text for the sat. radio (and not for it to default to the map)

And a few other things I can't think of now.

Question: when you bought your Lexus - did you get a thank you e-mail or a call from the dealership? I haven't heard from anyone. I would think they would have contacted me by now, just to see how everything is.

By the way, this forum is great - I've been reading posts from 100 days past to today to study up.
Old 08-25-10, 04:25 PM
BCRCornet
Driver

Default LCD Display - NOT to Switch Back to "Map"

A few things I haven't figured out yet is:
How to keep the audio display on so I can see the text for the sat. radio (and not for it to default to the map)
Took me a couple of weeks before I stumbled upon how to do this.
  1. On the Remote Touch, press the "MENU" button.
  2. On the LCD screen, click on SETUP.
  3. Click on GENERAL.
  4. Click on Auto Screen Change, and turn it OFF.

Actually, the Navigation System Owner's Manual misses this item - it covers Rear System Lock (the item before Auto Screen Change) and Keyboard Layout (the item after), but misses Auto Screen Change.
Old 08-25-10, 04:42 PM
klopez3709
Rookie

Thank you so much!!

I just e-mailed your instructions to myself so I'll have it on my phone to refer to in the morning.
Old 08-25-10, 05:21 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
Then I guess it'll take 20 years for the hybrid owners like me to figure out everything Even after 12 years in an RX I don't know it all.

Congrats and enjoy!
I knew it all yesterday, but forgot some today. I'm blaming in the wine .
Old 08-25-10, 06:03 PM
Coffee87
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To answer the wiper question: The auto setting is the first click. The wheel sets the sensitivity. I believe if the wheel is all the way to the bottom it is set on the most sensitive. Could be the other way around though.
Old 08-25-10, 06:17 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

The rain-sensitive wipers - what setting to put it at for automatic and when they are supposed to go on - when its just drizzling or a heavier rain. It was drizzling this a.m. and the wipers did not come on. The rain seemed to be beading on the windshield.
The auto wipers are not as sensitive as they used to be. A mist won't get them going. Usually it takes one swipe manually and higher speeds to get it going. And don't freak out if they go supersonic in turns. It's like the car thinks you're going out of control even when it's just a turn. Strange.

Originally Posted by Cruiter
I knew it all yesterday, but forgot some today. I'm blaming in the wine .
Maybe a little too much there Jim if you're in the wine
Old 08-25-10, 06:28 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

congrats on your new RX, and welcome to the family!
Old 08-25-10, 06:40 PM
klopez3709
Rookie

Thanks, guys. Hopefully I'll figure out the wipers before the next rain.

I didn't want to mess around with the settings while driving. I'll have bigger problems if I crash out. Yikes - I'm scared enough driving the car already. I appreciate your great feedback.

Speaking of feedback, any thoughts on no dealer-feedback/thank you/follow-up. Is it too early to expect some communication from the dealership? Kinda rude, I feel. After all they took no time at all to put my trade-in on their site. Of course, with an almost $6,000profit.

Thank you again, new friends.
Old 08-25-10, 06:44 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I didn't want to mess around with the settings while driving. I'll have bigger problems if I crash out. Yikes - I'm scared enough driving the car already. I appreciate your great feedback.

Speaking of feedback, any thoughts on no dealer-feedback/thank you/follow-up. Is it too early to expect some communication from the dealership? Kinda rude, I feel. After all they took no time at all to put my trade-in on their site. Of course, with an almost $6,000profit.

Thank you again, new friends.
i got no follow-up call when i bought my GS450h for sure, and i don't think we got one when we picked up the RX450h last year?
Old 08-26-10, 03:31 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

I got cookies from my dealer after I bought my '99 and something else (I forget) with the '04. Nothing this time around but a few letters. That's fine with me. It's not like I'm new to the dealership or need cookies. OK, the cookies were good. Send more cookies.

Last edited by kitlz; 08-26-10 at 03:37 AM.
Old 08-26-10, 03:52 AM
wa3cuj
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

I got a phone call within a week. A thankyou card came several days later. I also received an email after several months.

When I purchase the vehicle they gave me a Lexus umbrella and a bottle of wine (Yes, I know I paid for these )

My dealer is about 50 miles away. When my vehicle needs service they come to my house and drop off a new RX when they take my 450h back. They will be coming to my house next week to replace the L emblem on my liftgate.
Old 08-26-10, 07:11 AM
Coffee87
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The wipers on the new RX are pretty pathetic. Although, the wipers on my GS300 are almost too sensitive. I'll be sitting in my car, clear sky, 100+ degree weather, and my wipers will decide to make a pass. It's a nice feature, but that's almost something that is best left to personal preference.

And with the survey, I received one in the mail about a week after I bought the RX.

Quick Reply: My New RX Pic