RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Amazing Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-13, 02:27 PM
jclem
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Amazing Customer Service

I don't know if all Lexus dealerships are like this, but I just experienced some great CS. I had been experiencing some issues with the pairing of my cell phone. It had been just fine for about a year and then I had problems. I fully expected it to be my aging phone, but I thought I'd try calling Lexus first. It was Sat morning and I thought maybe a tech could talk me through some troubleshooting steps. Well, he got on the phone, asked me a couple of questions, then asked where I lived ( about a 1/2 hour away) and figured he'd say, "well, why don't you swing by sometime and we'll take a look". Instead, he said, "How about if I come to your house, when are you free?" We set up a time later that afternoon! How amazing is that!!! The dealership is Lexus of Northborough in MA.
I've always gotten a free loaner when needed, which is a nice, but kind of an expected benefit of Lexus ownership. However, I felt this was just over and above, because it was such a small, piddly item, yet I was treated like a VIP, which I certainly am not.

Perhaps others could chime in here with their tales of great CS..............
Old 05-07-13, 06:18 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

People have common issues with BT pairing and also the garage door buttons. For these things, they usually make a house trip.
Old 05-07-13, 06:31 PM
velopod
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jclem
I don't know if all Lexus dealerships are like this, but I just experienced some great CS. I had been experiencing some issues with the pairing of my cell phone. It had been just fine for about a year and then I had problems. I fully expected it to be my aging phone, but I thought I'd try calling Lexus first. It was Sat morning and I thought maybe a tech could talk me through some troubleshooting steps. Well, he got on the phone, asked me a couple of questions, then asked where I lived ( about a 1/2 hour away) and figured he'd say, "well, why don't you swing by sometime and we'll take a look". Instead, he said, "How about if I come to your house, when are you free?" We set up a time later that afternoon! How amazing is that!!! The dealership is Lexus of Northborough in MA.
I've always gotten a free loaner when needed, which is a nice, but kind of an expected benefit of Lexus ownership. However, I felt this was just over and above, because it was such a small, piddly item, yet I was treated like a VIP, which I certainly am not.

Perhaps others could chime in here with their tales of great CS..............
Wow, that is pretty nice! I'm pretty new to Lexus (wife's car) and our local dealer has been stellar too I must say. My experience is mostly with the German brands as well (Mercedes - so, so local dealer, BMW - decent and current Cadillac (CTS-V wagon!) which is most excellent.
Old 05-07-13, 06:35 PM
BertL
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

OP, two things. First, thank you for posting a positive experience that overwhelmed you. I think many of us unintentionally tend to spend more time talking about what needs to be improved, the little things that bug us, or feeding on those thoughts from others vs. remembering and calling-out some of the great things that turn us on about our Lexus and being an owner. Second, I've never had a dealer suggest they would come to my home to help with service, be that with 3 Lexus dealerships here in California, one in Georgia, one in Hawaii, or one in Arizona -- all were more than willing to bend over backwards after I (and my car if need be -- including my getting it towed-in) made our way to the dealership. While some dealerships may go that extra distance as RXSF suggests, my experience is they have not gone quite that far for me, so I look on your experience being in the upper eschelon of what a great dealer can provide. While I hope you don't have a lot of need for service with your RX, here's hoping your relationship with your dealer and service advisor continues to be as great as what you've just experienced. It's a great example that I sure can't top after 18+ years with the brand -- but now want to surpass the bar you have established.
Old 05-07-13, 07:00 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

jclem, thanks for sharing your story. It's much appreciated.

I could write a novel on the great customer service I've received at my dealer. Everything from getting loaners all the time to the freebies and discounts, I'm treated like a VIP too. I attribute this to having the best SA on the planet, someone I've been going to for the past 14 1/2 years, and great service managers including the current one especially. And I'm not inconvenienced in the least with both my time and money. Just like your experience, even the littlest problem is taken care of immediately. Going above and beyond is the norm rather than the exception.

Soon after I purchased my first RX, a dear friend told me with quality you only cry once. Definitely applicable here.

Last edited by kitlz; 05-07-13 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-08-13, 05:45 AM
JPJump
Driver School Candidate

More or less the same experience for me with Prestige Lexus in Ramsey NJ. The salesman lives in my town so he offered to stop by my house (on his day off no less) to help me program the garage doors and help my fiancee synch up her phone to the car. He also offered to stop by my house to install the plates and drop off the registration. I declined both since I only live 10 minutes away from Prestige but nevertheless, service like that is few and far between these days.
Old 05-18-13, 11:40 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

'nuff said
Attached Thumbnails Amazing Customer Service-ro.jpg  
Old 05-18-13, 12:08 PM
Mweuch
Driver School Candidate

I just got my very first Lexus RX 2010 CPO for my wife and I have to say I felt the same way when I was at the Lexus dealer! I felt no pressure from salesman and dealing with the finance guy was top notch! Now this was a totally different experience than those I have had in the past with other dealers I wont mentioned their names. Way to go Lexus and I am looking forward for my next RX when this one is paid off!
Old 05-18-13, 12:31 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Congrats Mweuch and thanks for sharing your positive experience with your dealer. I'm sure you'll have many more. Enjoy your '10! That was a particularly good year if I may say so
Old 05-19-13, 11:00 PM
Mweuch
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kitlz
Congrats Mweuch and thanks for sharing your positive experience with your dealer. I'm sure you'll have many more. Enjoy your '10! That was a particularly good year if I may say so
Thank you kitlz! So far my wife is enjoying the RX. Have a great day.
Old 05-20-13, 05:56 AM
Dadikins
Pole Position

"NO CHARGE FOR BEING SUPER FABULOUS CUSTOMER"
I'm jealous.. I guess you truly are a super fabulous customer! :Perhaps they are trying to get you to upgrade to a '13 RXh...
Old 05-20-13, 06:50 AM
BertL
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I think Anita has an "in" with her Service Advisor of, what... 15 years? THAT is what I'm jealous of -- Service Advisors here in SoCal tend to move on for whatever reason, so it seems I have a new one just as things are going good with someone I trust.
Old 05-20-13, 07:41 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
'nuff said
Wow that is just great! This dealer will have customers for life
Old 05-20-13, 08:35 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Originally Posted by DanDevoe
I'm jealous.. I guess you truly are a super fabulous customer! :Perhaps they are trying to get you to upgrade to a '13 RXh...
Nope, my SA wouldn't let me do it

Originally Posted by BertL
I think Anita has an "in" with her Service Advisor of, what... 15 years? THAT is what I'm jealous of -- Service Advisors here in SoCal tend to move on for whatever reason, so it seems I have a new one just as things are going good with someone I trust.
Yes BertL, it'll be 15 years in November, and 15 years since I bought my first RX. My SA has been at the dealer for almost as long as they've been open, over 20 years. It's also the first Lexus dealer in the state too. I was all prepared to use Lexus points to cover the service but she whisked me out the door and put the paperwork in my hands with that note highlighted. No doubt she'll be getting something very nice from me the next time I bring the RXh in for service which just happens to be November

Originally Posted by tromly
Wow that is just great! This dealer will have customers for life
They do have me for life. I drive out of my way to go there but I don't mind in the least with the way I'm treated.
Old 05-21-13, 09:57 AM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe it's a NJ thing! I've used the same wonderful SA at Warnock, now Lexus of Rt 10, since my first RX. Anita has me beat by a month! At times I've considered buying a car (not to replace the RX) of another brand and then when I think about the service I nix the idea.

Quick Reply: Amazing Customer Service