looking for some 99-00 headlights

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-07, 01:59 PM
bloo1987
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey meetya. you said you put your own aux. in the rx? i was wondering if you could tell me how to do that. cause i have dvd headrests in my car using an FM modulator and it sounds horrible. and i want to direct input it but didnt know how.
Old 05-20-07, 11:18 PM
Meetya
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bloo1987
hey meetya. you said you put your own aux. in the rx? i was wondering if you could tell me how to do that. cause i have dvd headrests in my car using an FM modulator and it sounds horrible. and i want to direct input it but didnt know how.
I will post DIY during this (next?) week. The trick is that tape control chip has AUX stereo input (actually it is unused second radio input) and a switch (Tape/AUX). But these pins are not soldered to anything. It is pretty delicate job because the pins are 0.03 inches apart. Right now I am trying to fool cassette sensor.
Old 05-20-07, 11:43 PM
Meetya
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Shonuff
Yeah I'd really like to see how you fixed the worn climate controls. I'm in the process of changing out my leather too.......got a perforated leather kit for the front and rear seats. started on the driver seat and only managed to get the top half done......took an hour and a half, pain in the ***. any tips on how you did yours? gonna tackle the rest tomorrow.
It took me around 15 hours to install the complete kit.
Just some hints I figured:
1. I did not use hog-rings for internal linings. Instead I used medium duty nylon wire ties -- first put them under the steel wires in the foam and then pulled them thru wires of the leather cover with sharp pliers (I also used them to punch holes in that material that wraps wires).
2. The hardest part is the rear 60-back because of that dip for the armrest. I don't know if it EVEN POSSIBLE to use hog-rings to attach that thing back. I really have no idea how they did it on the factory. I just used long wire ties there.
3. Don't remove original leather from front armrests. I removed it from one of them -- it was BIG mistake. Although you need to remove the leather from the rear one.
4. Don't forget to reattach wrappings for side airbags. I hope your kit have them. They are designed to tear-open weak joints on side of the seat. I think that if you don't do them correctly the airbag can break your spine in case of an accident.
5. Buy 3M rubber glue for seat pockets and door inserts.
Old 05-21-07, 01:49 AM
bloo1987
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Meetya
I will post DIY during this (next?) week. The trick is that tape control chip has AUX stereo input (actually it is unused second radio input) and a switch (Tape/AUX). But these pins are not soldered to anything. It is pretty delicate job because the pins are 0.03 inches apart. Right now I am trying to fool cassette sensor.
what are you using the AUX for and does it work?
Old 05-21-07, 02:51 AM
zombie
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

bloo...those eyelids are really clean. where did your get them at and for how much? also what did you use to attach them?

about 3 years ago i installed some cheap ebay eyelids for about $30 on the rx. the next day i did 17 miles of freeway driving and stopped at burger king for lunch. when i turned around to lock the rx i noticed the passenger side eyelid was missing out of anger i just ripped off the driver side eyelid and threw it away.
Old 05-21-07, 06:19 AM
Shonuff
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zombie
bloo...those eyelids are really clean. where did your get them at and for how much? also what did you use to attach them?

about 3 years ago i installed some cheap ebay eyelids for about $30 on the rx. the next day i did 17 miles of freeway driving and stopped at burger king for lunch. when i turned around to lock the rx i noticed the passenger side eyelid was missing out of anger i just ripped off the driver side eyelid and threw it away.

3m double sided tape works great...........same stuff you would use on moulding or window vents.
Old 05-21-07, 06:23 AM
Shonuff
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Meetya
It took me around 15 hours to install the complete kit.
Just some hints I figured:
1. I did not use hog-rings for internal linings. Instead I used medium duty nylon wire ties -- first put them under the steel wires in the foam and then pulled them thru wires of the leather cover with sharp pliers (I also used them to punch holes in that material that wraps wires).
2. The hardest part is the rear 60-back because of that dip for the armrest. I don't know if it EVEN POSSIBLE to use hog-rings to attach that thing back. I really have no idea how they did it on the factory. I just used long wire ties there.
3. Don't remove original leather from front armrests. I removed it from one of them -- it was BIG mistake. Although you need to remove the leather from the rear one.
4. Don't forget to reattach wrappings for side airbags. I hope your kit have them. They are designed to tear-open weak joints on side of the seat. I think that if you don't do them correctly the airbag can break your spine in case of an accident.
5. Buy 3M rubber glue for seat pockets and door inserts.
hahaha........i ended up using zip ties after messing with the metal hog rings on the driver seat. zip ties work great!! so much faster. gonna tackle the back seat tomorrow..............thanks for the tips.

what did your armrests look like when you got them?? mine are inside out and sewn shut, can't really figure out what i'm supposed to do with them.
Old 05-21-07, 12:02 PM
zombie
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Shonuff
3m double sided tape works great...........same stuff you would use on moulding or window vents.
i think i used 3m double sided white foam tape instead of the gray outdoor tape.
Old 05-21-07, 12:31 PM
Shonuff
Pole Position

that would definately cause a problem.............grey stuff is much thinner and more sticky.......the white foamy allows enough of a gap for wind and water to become a factor.

so you're from texas too?? man we need to get an rx mini meet going lol
Old 05-21-07, 01:52 PM
bloo1987
Lead Lap

i got it from here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEXUS...11212293QQrdZ1

damn, i THINK he used to sell it for $99 but its $10 now? I think i might buy another cause i got hella rock chips already haha. But yeah i used 3M double sided outdoor tape.
Old 05-21-07, 02:03 PM
zombie
Lead Lap

hahah sweet! i just placed a bid on it
if i win it, then im definitely going to use 3m outside tape

ill be down for an rx texas meet. hopefully it wont be too far of a drive though.
Old 05-21-07, 02:17 PM
bloo1987
Lead Lap

ha you just bought it huh? yeah. how much does it cost foryou to get it painted? i got it painted for $100. i dont know if that is too much or too little.
Old 05-21-07, 06:58 PM
zombie
Lead Lap

well since my rx is just black im going to paint it myself.
Old 05-22-07, 12:43 AM
bloo1987
Lead Lap

i see. well the eyelids come in fiber glass which is already black. MAYBE is would match?
Old 05-22-07, 04:50 PM
zombie
Lead Lap

yeah, my last eyelid pair i left it unpainted, but it wasnt as glossy.

Quick Reply: looking for some 99-00 headlights