RZ Model (2023-present)

Welcome to Club Lexus! RZ450e owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-24, 09:13 AM
K8lexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Upgraded From 22 NX

I should’ve taken pics when I got it but it started to rain right when I left the dealer! So the exterior looks a lot better when washed and dried!

Hi Friends!
I just picked up my new:
2024 RZ 450e
Luxury
Caviar

I’m excited that it has the dynamic sky, radiant lap heating, and self park.
I was excited about the wireless charger but it doesn’t grip that well and I find the phone slides off of it.

I upgraded from my 22 NX 350h Luxury in Caviar. We live in the greater Cleveland area and had 5 tornadoes come through in the beginning of August. My NX ended up with a basketball hoop through the windshield. Luckily no one was injured. But the auto body shop and insurance company didn’t communicate well so I ended up having to have it finished/calibrated at the dealer. While there, I looked at the RZ and within a week they found one in Columbus in caviar & luxury. It was ready for pickup this past Friday!

Some I noteworthy takeaways when comparing the two models:

It has a very similar interface as the NX. But it is definitely improved. When I got my NX I was on a customer/owner advisory board to evaluate the new NX features. One thing I suggested was that I couldn’t tell if my brake lights were on when in adaptive cruise mode. I kept worrying if I was slowing down that my brakes may or may not be lighting up. My husband has a Subaru Ascent and when the driver presses the brakes, it lights up on the dash to let you know. I was super stoked to see that my RZ has a similar feature and displays the brake on the dash when braking.

The seating is a lot more supportive and comfortable than the seating in my NX. I don’t know what they did, but as a driver with a bad back, I already notice a huge difference in the seats. I had the creme and black leather in my NX which I LOVED…but it was a constant battle to keep up with smudges on the crème. I got the vegan suede in dapple grey in the RZ and I love the feel and the look of it!

Speaking of seats…I am 5’10” and my husband is 6’3”. Our kids are all very tall. The RZ has so much leg room everywhere, especially in the back seat.

The NX grill was soooo sexy….but a pain in the butt to keep clean! So while I miss the look of the grill, I love the light up Lexus badge! So cool! I wish it would be lit and glowing even in the daylight lol

My insurance coverage surprisingly went DOWN when I got rid of the NX and added the RZ. And that isn’t due to the insurance because the tornado was a comprehensive claim and will not raise rates.

I have much more to add but I won’t add it unless it is relevant or if someone asks. But for right now, I’m in heaven with my new RZ. I got 0% financing and I am paying the same as I did for my NX. No oil changes. No gas stations. I’m loving this. I loved the NX hybrid system but I’m so happy I went all electric.

Last edited by K8lexus; 09-02-24 at 09:16 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mike995134 (09-02-24)
Old Yesterday, 07:00 PM
ellocovg
Advanced

Received 204 Likes on 134 Posts

I just picked up a Premium Iridium/blue interior unintentionally? So I’ve always hated EV’s just as much as I’ve loved Lexus. Unfortunately I also get bored of cars very quickly. A few years ago I had a GX which I loved but then traded it in for a Certified GLE350. I loved the look and the feeling of the car but my warranty was running out on it which scared me a bit, and I also didn’t enjoy the flashiness of driving a Benz. As we all know Mercedes depreciate faster than the service bills add up! I was scheming how to responsibly flip it for a new GX or a base Land Cruiser (my fav trim cloth seats baby) and I came upon this RZ. The rebates and money factor were incredible, I started doing homework and I loved the rear and the side angles. I ended up getting it and since I have a work van this makes perfect sense for my mileage needs. Only downfall is I need to update my service now in order to install a level 2 charger but I’m happy with my lease which btw is only 27 months so if I don’t like it I can kick it to the curb or the buyout is so low that I might even keep it.