RZ Model (2023-present)

Welcome to Club Lexus! RZ450e owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-01, 07:45 AM
Welcome to CL
Official Welcome Wagon

Received 174 Likes on 27 Posts
Exclamation Welcome to Club Lexus! RZ450e owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Members,

When you get your RZ, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including;

1. RZ model (Premium, Luxury)
2. Color or the exterior and interior
3. Option Packages
etc.

Other details such as pictures you might have of your RZ or tell us what you drove previously

and congratulations from Club Lexus!

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-17-23 at 01:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
bwarren99 (04-19-24)
Old 11-13-23, 08:26 AM
Falcon73
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including:

1. RZ model (Premium, Luxury): Premium (wanted the 18" wheels for better range)
2. Color or the exterior and interior: Iridium Silver exterior - tan interior (not sure of the Lexus name for it)
3. Option Packages: TBD - we have a HUD, ACC and ventilated seats, but no driver monitor.

Other details such as pictures you might have of your RZ or tell us what you drove previously:

I have owned driven more EVs than I would like to admit, but we sold our Model Y to get the RZ450e. Also, my parents have a RZ450e. It's a much better car than what we expected and I will share some more thoughts about it separately. It's a very smooth car and feels like a luxury car unlike most BEV's which just have luxury prices.
The following 2 users liked this post by Falcon73:
landg1 (06-03-24), LexTess (02-13-24)
Old 02-13-24, 07:26 AM
Derog4
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Adding to the Lexus garage

Hi All,

Just picked up RZ 450e; White with gray, premium with every option. Traded in my 2021 Supra 2.0
Old 02-21-24, 06:32 AM
LoweTX
2nd gear

Just came home with our 2024 Lexus TX 500h F Sport! only after a 3 month wait so not too bad. We sold our 2023 GX 460 Luxury (which we loved) to get the TX. We really needed the extra space. I look forward to discussions and updates! Thanks, Eric

Old 04-19-24, 11:24 AM
bwarren99
4th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bought in Dec'23

We have the RX350 which I bought when I traded in my Corvette. I loved the comfort and reliability. When the RZ came out, I was originally "turned off" by the low mileage, but later went with a friend to the dealership to test drive it. I was very impressed and after finding out about the Lexus Reserve program (they give you a free loaner for up to 30 days over a 3 year period), decided to purchase the car (Luxury version). I didn't realize how slow the regular charger would be, so we put in a Level 2 unit. I was originallly "turned onto" EVs when my friend and I tested two Teslas. The acceleration was so quick, I couldn't help but smile. My RZ is quick, but not quite as fast as the Tesla Model 3, although plenty fast for me. More importantly the car is very luxurious, quiet, comfortable, reliable (so far) and has a lot of tech features. Instead of typing in an address, it always seems to understand when I talk to it. My RX could do this as well, but it wasn't always as accurate. On cold days the seat warmer and steering wheel heater work just fine. The mileage estimator is very conservative, but seems to adapt to my driving style and typically tells me I have about 203-209 miles of range after a full charge. I'm wondering if we can upgrade batteries when the Toyota finally comes out with solid state.

Last edited by bwarren99; 05-23-24 at 01:50 PM.
NicestRide (05-23-24)
Old 05-13-24, 06:56 PM
ConsumerGuru
2nd gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi
Dan here with a 2024 RZ 300 - a last minute choice because the 60+ additional mileage range was more appealing than the 450 features.
long-time Lexus and MB owner (sedans and SUVs)
bwarren99 (05-23-24)
Old 05-23-24, 01:21 PM
NicestRide
Driver School Candidate

Fred here. Just getting into a brand-new RZ 450e, Luxury. It's a 2023 MY and there was an amazing rebate from Lexus - $22,000.00. Suddenly, the unaffordable became affordable! Can't wait to PU next week. See you around the board!
bwarren99 (05-23-24)
Old 05-23-24, 01:40 PM
bwarren99
4th Gear

Hi Fred, glad to hear you bought the RZ 450e. I have a friend who just bought one earlier this week and he too received a very nice discount. If I were currently in the market, I woud JUMP at the deals currently available. Hope you will enjoy your new vehicle as much as I do mine! (I know you will).
Old 06-03-24, 08:26 PM
landg1
2nd gear

Brought home an RZ 300e Premium in Ether (blue-grey) last week, with a black interior. I'm excited, and a little intimidated by all the tech.

I've been driving a 2012 Prius Plug-In since April of 2012, so we already had a Level 2 charger in our driveway. It's 40 amp, if I remember right, and enough of a dinosaur that the new Lexus is "just right" as far as using the current it can give. Our 12-year-old Prius started out with an 11-mile range on its battery, and 85k miles later, it still gets about 6 - 8 miles! I gather Toyota/Lexus has been very conservative in terms of designing the batteries to last at least ten years - we had good experience with the Prius, so we decided to take the plunge.

My husband and I only drive 3 or 4 thousand miles a year, and we share one car. It's rare for us to do a road trip.

We wouldn't have considered getting a luxury car but the incentives were great, so we're only spending a little more than we did on the Prius, back in '12. I've heard that the price of vehicle batteries has come down 80 or 90% in the last ten years - incredible!

I'm not sure about the moonroof though... so far, my impression is that it makes the interior of the car a lot hotter than necessary, while it's sitting in our driveway. I've started looking for some kind of cover for it.
Old 06-04-24, 11:15 AM
bwarren99
4th Gear

Welcome to Club Lexus. Also, very glad to hear you bought the RZ. It's funny you mentioned the Prius because my wife also had a 2008 Prius which she drove for about 200,000 miles. We loved that car. You should really enjoy your RZ. It sounds like you are the perfect customers for it.

As for the "Moon Roof", I have the Luxury version of this which you can change at the push of a button to make either clear of opaque. Not sure if the Premium trim level has this or not. If not, I'm sure you can buy a cover at Lexus or elsewhere.

Last edited by bwarren99; 06-04-24 at 11:19 AM.
landg1 (06-05-24)
Old 06-09-24, 10:21 AM
Excitable Boy
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Accidentally posted in wrong forum.

Last edited by Excitable Boy; 06-09-24 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Accidentally posted in wrong forum.
Old 06-16-24, 07:15 AM
rdinapoli
7th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Rich here,

I probably should have introduced myself back in January when I leased my RZ. My RZ 450e is a luxury model bi-tone paint black/ether with HUD, park assist , dynamic panorama sun roof

I previously posted that I had issues with dead batteries and am in the process of having Toyota buy back my RZ. I really liked my car while I had it and am contemplating getting the exact same car in a 2024 version. Not sure if that is a going to be a smart move since they have been unable to determine the cause. Hopefully my car is a one off. The funny thing is they have not had the problem in the 3 weeks it has been at the dealer. I've read possible issues might be Bluetooth, wi-fi, the smart card key, the phone app etc.
I'm a pretty loyal Lexus customer since this is my 19th one, if I replace the RZ with another RZ that will be 20, wonder if I'll get a prize, I'll settle for a car that works!

Rich

P.S. My last Lexus was an RX350 which had the engine explode and catch fire at 2200 miles. They rebuilt the engine and I had no further issues other than my wife wouldn't drive it.

landg1 (06-16-24)
Old 07-10-24, 03:54 PM
RedHeaded
2nd gear

Default RZ Disappointment

As 25 year Lexus/Toyota Family members and going on 3 Generations...we are completely dissatisfied with the performance and range of the RZ 450E, Based on history we decided to go for Lexus' first year EV and it has been a disappointing experience from Management down. Now the Car is undervalued with heavy rebates and incentives and we still have 2 plus years on this vehicle. Service department discourages us from even bringing the vehicle in, saying LEXUS has promised upgrades to improve Range, but they have never come. Lexus Corporate refers us to National Dispute Center. Meanwhile, with a Special Needs Child, we often resort to renting a car so we aren't completely in the weeds with our transportation needs. Lexus should be better involved in communicating with their customers if they want to keep them in the Lexus Family.
Old 07-10-24, 03:57 PM
RedHeaded
2nd gear

We have been in process with Lexus about 'buying back' after a year of disappointing range on our RZ450E but now LEXUS is referring us to National Dispute Center. Did you go through your Dealer or Lexus Corporate? We bought early, so now incentives and now the Vehicle is grossly undervalued. As long time Lexus/Toyota members we are very distressed
Old 07-20-24, 09:24 PM
RZPeggy
1st Gear

Default New 2024 RZ 450e owner

Hi All! We are brand new owners. Owned 2018 Mercedes 350e hybrid since new and became persuaded to go all-electric. Our new vehicle is RZ 450e Premium in Caviar Black with Dapple interior. Have barely explored it yet but certainly enjoyed the test drive. We have just 120 plug-in charger and so far have been some disheartened that it took over 24 hrs just to get to maximum charge. So a little concerned re: range already but our driving habits will be roughly 40 mi. daily with nightly plug-in. We have weekly trips of roughly 120 miles to visit grandkids but seldom take long road trips. Would love to hear others' experiences/feedback!