Lexus RZ300e RZ450e blurry Gauge cluster display

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-24, 12:50 AM
Kingston328
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus RZ300e RZ450e blurry Gauge cluster display

Hi All,
first time Lexus owner and just picked up my RZ300e lease a couple days ago.

everything was fine besides the gauge cluster looks blurry. Went back to dealer and service to voice my complaints and was told it’s all like that from manufacturer. Then went in a couple of other RZ and even went to another dealership to check out RZ450e, same issue.

it’s defective to anyone’s eyes. Especially for someone with astigmatism, it’s extremely difficult to read at night driving.

anyone have a solution or resources I can contact since Service was no help. I doubt they would recall this gauge useless more complaints are registered.

i adjusted the brightest was, no help.
adjusted Different type of dial, no help.

Old 06-01-24, 01:58 PM
argyros
2nd gear

The text on the dashboard is blurry for everyone, and I can't fathom how they could release a display like this. There's nothing that can be done about it. I have a heads-up display, which is decent, so I just try to avoid looking at the dashboard. However, the heads-up display vibrates on uneven surfaces, causing a blurry effect too. I've never experienced anything like this in my previous cars. It seems like they tried to cut costs significantly. I don't think my next car will be Lexus. Fortunately, I leased the car instead of buying it.
Old 06-02-24, 07:44 AM
chuckNX
Intermediate

Received 148 Likes on 97 Posts

It looks like the brightness is too high but I am sure owners have tried adjusting down with no luck. That is bizarre. Never seen that before.

I would definitely open a case with Lexus so the local rep can take a look. Might be a small run of cars with defective screens.

Last edited by chuckNX; 06-02-24 at 07:51 AM.
Old 06-06-24, 10:59 AM
Reggie1
Intermediate

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts

My display is crystal clear, which is some support for the "bad batch" idea.
Old 08-03-24, 10:31 PM
punkaman
1st Gear

rz 300e very blurry cluster. Not good
Old Yesterday, 08:33 AM
RGMetro
1st Gear

Hey all. Bought an rz300 and yes the screen is blurry. It's worst at night and reducing the brightness helps. Went back to the dealer and they had a rz450 to compare it too. It was slightly better in the 450 but still not sharp like the other models in the showroom. Apparently the resolution of the panel is to blame which begs the question as to why Lexus in 2024 on a modern techie vehicle would use a panel like that?
Old Yesterday, 09:16 AM
chuckNX
Intermediate

Received 148 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by RGMetro
Hey all. Bought an rz300 and yes the screen is blurry. It's worst at night and reducing the brightness helps. Went back to the dealer and they had a rz450 to compare it too. It was slightly better in the 450 but still not sharp like the other models in the showroom. Apparently the resolution of the panel is to blame which begs the question as to why Lexus in 2024 on a modern techie vehicle would use a panel like that?
I suspect the car was designed with a proper clear display. But somehow along the way, maybe a supplier switch, quality control deviated and was not caught in time and I doubt Lexus will do anything to fix it.

Similar thing happen with most/if not all RX's built in 23/24 with the driver monitor camera mounted on the steering wheel. I have not seen an RX with one that was not mounted crooked and the dealer has no way to fix it. Some I have seen are much worse than this. So here we have a clear manufacturing defect that Lexus ignores and keeps the sloppy workmanship in the assembly line for god knows how long.

Last edited by chuckNX; Yesterday at 09:33 AM.