RZ Model (2023-present)

Is it worth getting out of lease to lease RZ?

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:15 AM
MaGiKRat43
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it worth getting out of lease to lease RZ?

Hello 👋

I am not a Lexus owner, though I did lease an IS 350 in 2011 for three years. I have been leasing for the past two years a Hyundai Santa Fe Phev, which has been very good for what it was when I got it. Two years ago, outright committing to a BEV would have been hard for us without the experience we've gained over the last two years, so while my family has always been interested in EVS, two years ago, it didn't seem right to pull the trigger. So now, with our lease up next year, I have been researching and test driving the evs on the market for the last two months. I've seen every dual-motor EV except for Ford, BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Tesla (ew), and all the exotic brands, so I feel confident in saying as great as the Santa fe phev I'm leasing has been, virtually any of the evs I've driven would be a step up in terms of comfort and enjoyment both. So I have no real dog in the fight, save for money. We have the charging stuff taken care of at home, and we rarely travel more than 100 miles both ways. My metric was, can the car get us to albany and back on one charge, but that seems less and less necessary in my life.

When I drove the RZ briefly back in May, I enjoyed it, don't get me wrong, but I wasn't exactly wowed either. What did wow me was the lengths the dealer seemed willing to go to get us out of our current lease a year early and into an RZ, including giving a loner car for 30 days for the lease duration should we need it. We were not planning on doing this, but honestly, if the money comes out to be the same or cheaper than the likes of, say, an Ioniq 5 or a Chevy Equinox EV, both of which i liked a lot, then we'd be fully willing to do so. The dealership indicated they didn't think it would fold too much into the payments for an RZ, but with a full 12 months to go on the lease, I can't see there being a way that we can keep things under $600 doing that this early. This would be 36/12,000 with $5,000 down, btw.

So I suppose my questions are:

Does it seem like it is possible to lease an RZ after they buy out the Santa Fe lease, all for $600 or below?

And

Is it the honest opinion of those who know Lexus best that the range concerns aside, the car is quiet, comfortable, and even worth getting it off this lease early for in the first place?

I appreciate the help. Thank you.