SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Supra steering wheel installed [pics]

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-03, 02:32 PM
MrJohnTan
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good work Tan. When are the TT brakes going on? I ask because I'm in need of some stock rear calipers and rotors. Hmm, I wonder if the Supra wheel comes in grey
Not for awhile, Im gonna get the calipers powdercoated, plus I have to get new rims to clear the brakes. By the way, I only picked up the fronts for now, thats all my friend had on him. If you need the stock fronts, let me know. As far as I know the supra wheel only came in black. You had a choice of full black or black/tan interior for the supras.

how hard was it to install? did everything plug up fine, or did you have a few left over connections/not enough connections for some things?
Everything bolts up, plugs in, and works just like stock.

I was thinking about something like this since my steering wheel is a little worn out, but I would go with '98 Supra TT steering wheel. It's a 3 spoke and looks like more like the TRD one.
I was thinking that too, but they are near impossible to find. Plus Manaray had a thread where he was trying to retrofit a 3 spoke steering wheel into his car. Neither the cruise control or the bag was a direct bolt on. He never posted whether or not he got the airbag successfully installed.

It'll prob. look better if the car had (carbon fiber trim, black interior, and less gadgets in it).
I definately agree on that one. This is my first step on the long road to black interior.

I don't really think it makes a difference, except for the fact that it has the Toyota emblem on it...
I guess the fact that its black, its thicker and that its smaller in diameter isnt really a difference.

... As always thanks for all the comments guys. I appreciate everyones input [

Last edited by MrJohnTan; 11-03-03 at 04:26 PM.
Old 11-05-03, 06:28 AM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks great, Im doing that next week because Im changing the brown top part of the whole tan interior to blackand keeping the lower half tan . Im glad to see it looks good
Old 11-05-03, 07:25 AM
95BlackSC
Pole Position

mrjohntan-
Check your pms
Old 11-05-03, 08:29 PM
MrJohnTan
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by 2.5tsoarer
That looks great, Im doing that next week because Im changing the brown top part of the whole tan interior to blackand keeping the lower half tan . Im glad to see it looks good
Good choice! Thats what I was planning on doing too. Just like the black/tan in the supra and the 93-95 MR2's. Are you replacing the dash pad, getting it dyed, or wrapped?

mrjohntan- Check your pms
Reply sent.

Last edited by MrJohnTan; 11-05-03 at 08:29 PM.
Old 11-06-03, 12:19 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Originally posted by One HoT SC400
I don't really think it makes a difference, except for the fact that it has the Toyota emblem on it...I wouldn't recommend this mod unless your original steering wheel was worn out or problematic...Sorry, just not my cup of tea....But I gotta give it up, its definitely original..

The big "L" in the middle of my steering wheel brings me much more comfort...
Its all about the (L) if we aint in Japan!!!!
Old 11-06-03, 05:06 AM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by MrJohnTan
Good choice! Thats what I was planning on doing too. Just like the black/tan in the supra and the 93-95 MR2's. Are you replacing the dash pad, getting it dyed, or wrapped?

Reply sent.
Im having it dyed
Old 11-06-03, 10:29 AM
SDJZZ31
Rookie

I like the Supra wheel but I want the JDM Supra wheel, I wonder if it would fit?
Attached Thumbnails Supra steering wheel installed [pics]-jdmsteering.jpg  
Old 11-06-03, 11:53 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by SDJZZ31
I like the Supra wheel but I want the JDM Supra wheel, I wonder if it would fit?
I'm actually feeling the JDM Supra steering wheel...Looks hot! IMO, a improved design over the plain ol' USDM spec...
Old 11-06-03, 01:21 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

To me it looks like a 3 spoke lexus wheel....

CEO
Old 11-06-03, 05:24 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks pretty good! If only there was either the big L or a griffin in place of the Toyota steering wheel emblem would top it off.
Old 11-06-03, 06:56 PM
sc300power
Rookie

if you guys are feeling the jdm toyota supra wheel, just pick up a Lexus IS steering wheel...it looks exactly the same except with and "L" in the middle.....if you go on to the IS forums you will find that a lot of the guys are selling there steering wheels, seats, rims ect...thats where I got my rims from for 450.00 with tires
Old 11-09-03, 01:21 PM
dmora
Rookie

I like the Supra wheel because its smaller, but the color is a bit out of place I might have to think about that for my Black interiored lex tho
Old 11-09-03, 05:24 PM
SCV8
Instructor

That's awsome,I was thinking about maybe a black leather cover,and some spray on dye on the rest of the wheel,but that's definately the way to go now that I've seen it,I always figured that the Supra wheel was the same as on our cars.
Our 2001 4-Runner has a black wheel w/tan interior;looks just fine.
Just a little more contemporary than a worn,fading,rouge,colored skinny original SC wheel any day.

Now I just have to find a way to trade mine up for a Supra one...
Old 11-10-03, 08:48 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Good stuff John.....
Old 02-16-04, 10:30 PM
Suprast4R
Pole Position

doesnt the 98' Supra wheel cost $1,000+? i've asked "curt aigner" if any of you know who that is from SF or i-supra.com and he said in his opinion, the money just isnt worth it. i think that getting the is300 wheel might be a better idea?

Quick Reply: Supra steering wheel installed [pics]