SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

97 conversion...4grand parts/full car repaint included. Good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-03, 04:41 AM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

again....why buy a new car?
tired of the sc?having a family? upgrading to a sedan?....understandable. if not for these reasons,why?
a car is not an investment, it will not put money back into your pocket-unless your entering races/shows/magazines,etc. what was mentioned earlier about buying another sc, maybe a 300 to work on (performancewise)also makes sense,but be realistic-how much money do you think your going to put into both cars over time??....................$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 11-05-03, 09:28 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm with you Next. I like owning my cars, (NO NOTES), I never buy new anymore, (Depreciation is like a gaping hole on almost every car in the WORLD), and no matter what car you buy, whether new or old, in almost every case, any $$$$$$ spent in mods you add, will not be recovered when you you sell the car. Example, add new rims and a stereo to a new car, and sell the car two years down the road, you will not get more than the going rate for the car in your area, might as well pull the mods out, and put the stock units back. Same thing with a used car. Manin diff is that a used car will have more maintenance issues because the car starts to break down the moment you drive it. The more you drive it the more parts will eventually wear out. So, more money will be spent on maintenance. But, the new car will mostly cost much more in payments (considereing an equal to equal comparison of used vehicle vs new vehicle- this example would be skewed if you compared a used Lexus to a new Kia or Hyundai).

Anyway, I am like Next, I am completely restoring my car, and improving it because it is worth it for me to drive it in this condition. I have no intentions on selling the car-NONE!! So, I will get back my investment through enjoying the car. Besides, in most all cases, a car is NEVER AN INVESTMENT. YOU ALWAYS LOSE MONEY. If your goal is to make a return on your money, put in in something else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-03, 09:54 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

for me, thats not the point at all. we are talking a bucket of paint and a few fiberglass pieces or a WHOLE SC300 TO DRIVE.

it's getting more for your money.
Old 11-05-03, 10:54 AM
Dixond
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, look around to some of your local Used Car Auctions. Make buddies w/ some of the "friendly locals"
My dad did and found a 93 SC3 for $1,700. Sure it needs some fixing up but the extra 3k left over and spent on restoration would definately do wonders.
Old 11-05-03, 12:02 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

OLT said: for me, thats not the point at all. we are talking a bucket of paint and a few fiberglass pieces or a WHOLE SC300 TO DRIVE.

it's getting more for your money.

ONE: I can see your point. I guess it is what one wants to do. For me, my second car is the NSX I am trying to negotiate (third car actually). I also wish painting a car was as simple as a bucket of paint. Costly!!! That is a DIY I would like to know how to do.

Ryan