SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Reliable parts source suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-23, 09:19 AM
Eroot
10th Gear

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Reliable parts source suggestions

I have been restoring a 1st gen sc300 for my son. We are deep in. I'm having problems finding a good source for parts ( beside ebay). I need side mirrors ( bad swivels) and door panels. It would be great to get some suggestions of reliable parts sources and perhaps somewhere to find what parts are interchangeable with other model/years. Even a fix or aftermarket suggestion for the mirrors or door panels would be great
Old 09-27-23, 02:56 PM
Tallyhoe
Advanced

Received 141 Likes on 110 Posts

Unfortunately, reliable is subjective to the source you're using. FB, Craigslist and Ebay are our best sources besides the marketplace here. Short of DIY fiberglass door cards like a guy on Supra Forums did, is probably your best options. There was a thread earlier in the year, that only way we can get some replacement parts reproduced is if we bug Lexus for discontinued parts can make enough noise and enough missed sales for them to make a limited run of replacement parts.
Old 09-27-23, 04:25 PM
KahnBB6
Forum Moderator

Received 1,251 Likes on 871 Posts

McGeorge Toyota, MyLParts and Amayama for new OEM parts that are still available. Rockauto for some OEM equivalent new replacement parts.

Driftmotion, RHDJapan, XCessive Manufacturing, Figs Engineering, Tanin Auto Electronix, etc. on the aftermarket support side depending on what you need.

eBay is still the go-to place for a lot of discontinued OEM parts that wrecking yards and individual sellers will list for sale.

There are a lot of miscellaneous interchangeable little parts in the Toyota parts catalog but not necessarily from a prominent donor car like the Z30 Soarer and A80 Supra.
Old 03-05-24, 01:40 AM
LeeSabien
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I admire your dedication to restoring the 1st gen sc300 for your son – what a special project!
When it comes to finding reliable parts sources beyond eBay, this buy car parts website is definitely worth exploring. They have an extensive inventory of car parts and accessories, catering to various makes and models. Plus, their website provides valuable information on interchangeable parts, helping you make informed decisions for your restoration project.
Restoring a classic car like the 1st gen sc300 is undoubtedly a labor-intensive process, but the end result will be well worth the effort.

Last edited by LeeSabien; 03-09-24 at 03:29 AM.
The following users liked this post:
1997Soarer (03-05-24)