SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Manarays whip..

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-03, 11:13 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This one...I think its because my JIC front bumper is a lot lower than yours so it looks kinda wierd to me...Sorry Manny, everytime I look at the bumper at this angle, it really bothers me...Otherwise, very very nice...One of the top 3 SC out there...

Last edited by One HoT SC400; 11-21-03 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-21-03, 11:14 AM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JIC Magic Kit

Why is it that every other picture shown of the JIC magic kit looks so ghetto and so japanese anime....but yet manaray's comes off as elegant looking

Could it be the lighting? The soft yellow over a gold car?

I just don't think my dark green color will get the same elegance...probably more ghetto then elegant.

Hmmm...thoughts.

But after looking at the JIC kit....you realize the 97 upgrade front grill looks like someone gritting their teeth really thin when their real mouth size should be the JIC kit.

Okay I'm rambling..I'll stop
Old 11-24-03, 02:27 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One Hot SC400 - Hmmm, dunno why it would look wierd...then again, I have 20's so the car does sit 1/2" higher than on a standard 19", 18", etc. type setup....also, the angle of that photo is somewhat extreme. Does it look weird to you in the Bvlgari photo?

What about in this one?

Anthracite-thanks for the compliment! Personally, I think dark colors would look BETTER! Honestly, I think it's the wheels. They're clean, simple, and NOT CHROME. The car looks "balanced"...I must admit though, I was a bit squimish about the color at first but when I found the car with only 62K miles on it, I had to take it. I went through MANY color change sessions but in the end, I decided to just stick with the factory color...though the car was nearly entirely repainted even though it didn't need it (I'm just a freak that way)...it was even somewhat suprising to me that the Gold color worked....I never thought I'd actually own a "gold" colored car one day (I'm usually into darker colors on cars...or silver) Maybe I'm getting old?

I want to do a different (not black, not gold) color car for my next project car....just haven't narrowed it down to which car I should do....maybe a faded lime green Ford Explorer with 24" Triple Quadruple Chromed Lexanis (with factory sponges for brakes) along with a Louis Boutton interior, TV's in the visors, headrest, etc., etc. (cheap TV's of course...the ones that have bad color bleeding and are somewhat fuzzy), 13 amps, 42 speakers, at least 5 subs....and, of course, cut springs....and I can't forget the Calvin pissing on something sticker along with a "Powered by ..." sticker....I mean I need horsepower, right!? Did I mention the car is salvaged tited and the odometer stopped working when it hit 189,000 and that was about 4 years ago? Then I can be like one of those Rappers I see on MTV Cribs and in the music videos!

(just sit back and picture this car....wow!)

Last edited by Manaray; 11-24-03 at 02:35 AM.
Old 11-24-03, 02:32 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

too sick..... uhg.... must go change my undies.......
Old 11-24-03, 02:44 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by hamid
doug had me under the impression that he did the work, also, he had the whole kit molded to the car, its seemless, i dont think he would do that without making sure it was fit the way he wants it to, either way, if you are that well aquainted with him, i dont think you would be calling him a retard if you knew him......... also, off topic, i thought he sold the car to somebody else, but i saw him driving it today, at least i thought it was him......
I just caught this....he MOLDED a fiberglass kit to a METAL BODY car? Uh...I don't know if he's a retard (or his body guy) but that was NOT a good idea. The backward skirt thing is actually not a surprise since the skirt fits both ways (odd, isn't it?) but it definitely goes with the bigger part towards the rear.

Folks, DO NOT MOLD a fiberglass kit to METAL. It will NEVER, EVER hold up and will crack sooner or later without fail...guaranteed! If you don't believe me, ask anyone who KNOWS body kits...
Old 11-24-03, 03:55 AM
hamid
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i believe it is molded, when i was looking at the car up close, it was completely seemless

Hamid
Old 11-24-03, 02:22 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Manaray
I want to do a different (not black, not gold) color car for my next project car....just haven't narrowed it down to which car I should do....maybe a faded lime green Ford Explorer with 24" Triple Quadruple Chromed Lexanis (with factory sponges for brakes) along with a Louis Boutton interior, TV's in the visors, headrest, etc., etc. (cheap TV's of course...the ones that have bad color bleeding and are somewhat fuzzy), 13 amps, 42 speakers, at least 5 subs....and, of course, cut springs....and I can't forget the Calvin pissing on something sticker along with a "Powered by ..." sticker....I mean I need horsepower, right!? Did I mention the car is salvaged tited and the odometer stopped working when it hit 189,000 and that was about 4 years ago? Then I can be like one of those Rappers I see on MTV Cribs and in the music videos!

(just sit back and picture this car....wow!)
Mike, if you are really doing this.....I'm comming over to kick some sense into you again, LOL .
Old 11-26-03, 07:42 AM
theman
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Not to burst your "don't mold" bubble, but I have a body guy that does amazing work in that respect.

On any one of his molded or otherwise kits you can open the doors and jump up and down on the sideskirts without even thinking twice about it. And he demonstrated this fact at HIN baltimore on one of the cars he did a few dozen times during the course of the event.
Even the kits he does that don't have the molded look are fastened to the body in a similar manner.
I've seen a car he's done that the customer wrecked later and the kit held better to the fenders than the fenders to the car. The fiberglass reacted just like any car fiberglass would, but where he attached it to the body never faultered...

It's amazing how strong certain bonding agents can be if you actually have the knowledge to obtain them.

Last edited by theman; 11-26-03 at 01:17 PM.
Old 11-26-03, 01:12 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Give it time....
Old 11-26-03, 01:20 PM
theman
Pole Position

Well everyone has there theories/opinions... Guess I'll just have one done and give everyone an update on how it's doing years from now.
I just know the evidence I've seen in person.
Old 12-01-03, 03:07 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Who knows, maybe your body shop guy did come up with a way to do it and all the body shops in Los Angeles haven't. It's possible I suppose. I have seen literally HUNDRES of molded body kits and I have yet to even HEAR about one that has held up...good luck.
Old 12-04-03, 02:47 PM
theman
Pole Position

Maybe so... That would suck that some east coast dude came up with something that hasn't been done right in Cali yet... thanks, only time will tell. And hopefully the benefits will get spread around as he lets things out into the market on his way of doing kits.
I've seen my fair share of ****ty kits and failed attempts at molding kits by supposedly good shops, the streets are littlered with the crap on this coast. And I really had no faith in the majority of places to even consider having a kit done on my own vehicle until I met this guy, and saw his work, and witnessed the tests and data he had accumulated, and what kinds of products he uses in his process of doing bodywork.
Not that it's a big deal since it's becoming second hat to fiberglass work, but he does nice carbon fiber work as well.