SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What do I do now? (2JZ-GTE VVT-i Swap)

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-03 | 12:22 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

bring pics, video, audio clips, everything. also not just you, but pay a well respected (NOT A SHADETREE) mechanic for a full detailed evaluation so the judge has a non biased professional opinion.

then... stick it to him and shove it where the sun doesnt shine..

Last edited by O. L. T.; 12-11-03 at 12:22 PM.
Old 12-11-03 | 01:25 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Originally posted by tinman
I called the President of Midwest Engine Sales, Herbert, and he was not willing to speak with me. I did manage to get on the phone with him, but I didn't get 2 words in before he shuffled me off the phone. I was hoping to each an agreement before I filed suit, but... no such luck.

I filed suit on November 24th. Court date is Jan 6th.
Sorry to hear this. Hopefully this won't sway you to stop your project. If you want I can put you to some places are have good prices and are known to be honest. One of them is in IL.

Good luck with the lawsuit.

Chris

Last edited by DIrEctQL; 12-11-03 at 01:30 PM.
Old 12-13-03 | 12:00 AM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

Question

You said that he is hiding behind a "No Warranty" clause? Is he just making that up or is there a disclaimer on your receipts? If so, when were they given to you? (If you paid for the stuff and then he sent you an invoice with a disclaimer, it is not considered a part of the "bargain" that you entered into, and hence is not enforceable). There are also a few different warranties (by law) that apply when a merchant sells goods and therefore must make the appropriate provisions in their contracts to disclaim these warranties.

He also made a representation about the compresion tests that you relied on when you bought the engine, so you could get him for fraud since he lied to you.

I think you'll be successful in court
Old 12-17-03 | 09:28 PM
tinman
Intermediate

Thumbs up VICTORY IS MINE!

The President of Midwest Engine Sales called me this afternoon. When I talked with him on the 21st of Nov. he couldn't wait to get me off the phone; he scarcely let me speak at all. Today, he called me and he was a changed man. I'm guessing after being contacted by the Internet Fraud Commission, Better Business bureau, and being served with court papers he changed his tune.

He offered me a full refund of the purchase price less shipping. I agreed. I'm shipping the motor back to him this week.

They are still a bunch of buffoons if you ask me, but when you corner a buffoon I guess they turn tail and run for cover.

Thanks to all of you who offered your suggestions and support!
Old 12-17-03 | 09:47 PM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

Nice to hear it worked out!
Old 12-18-03 | 10:17 AM
boredguy77
Lead Lap

He offered me a full refund of the purchase price less shipping. I agreed. I'm shipping the motor back to him this week.
hell yeah. Good job man. I love it when frauds get cornered. now we just have to see if he tries to sell on ebay again anyways hopefully you will move forward with the project and not let this discourage you.
Old 12-20-03 | 06:52 AM
ADAM P
Lead Lap

Paypal definately sides with customers if you paid the extra buyers insurance. I had a guy a few years ago try to rip me off when i sold him some wheels and paypal quickly deducted the money from my account. After months of *****ing they eventually did an investigation and concluded that he was a scammer and I got my money back. Nonetheless, they took it from me without even asking. Hope you get this guy
Old 12-20-03 | 11:11 AM
killerlex
Rookie