SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Supercharged sc400 on dyno vid (from Planet Soarer)

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-03, 06:22 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by SC400-V8
Well, first off, I'm a college student. That alone should tell you something about me (absolutely no time whatsoever for anything)

Secondly, I am unemployed. Taking 20 credits a semester would dictate time restrictions, and even if I did work, it would be one day a week and thus lose out on the once or twice a week I get to see my g/f.

And thirdly, Im still not quite sure of whether or not to do it. I take great pride in driving a completely stock car, albeit the ecu upgrade which I activate once in a great while. 250 (280 w/ ecu) is enough horsepower for me, for now. This is a project I plan to undertake in about 2 years when I have my degree, a good paying job, and some time to spend on myself as well as others.

Ok, but I see your getting at "The kit will not be available if I try to order it." You may be right, but I doubt if you called them up and offered them the amount in cash, right on the spot, you'd see every part you needed at your door within a week or two.
Look, no offence to you, but the kit is not available as of right now. They promised, people showed up with cash in hand and nothing. I know Lextreme is working on his own kit. That hopefully will become available soon. But people lost hope because such things happened before.

Chris
Old 11-22-03, 01:09 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That video is not FAT's kit. It is Andy Richardson's car in Australia. It was developed by Andy Richardson, and is his prototype Roots blower kit. Errol, owner of EFI Dynamics is in partnership with Andy to bring this to market. They have been working on this for over 2 years, as far as I know. Errol claims that it should be ready in December 03 for shipment. I know he is working on it- mainly the mfg of the custom intake manifold. It will be 5 psi, non-intercooled, and cost $6,500 AUD.

FAT has no complete kit, but parts only. You will be saddled with developing the kit yourself.

David Phan (Lextreme), has a working Supercharger kit designed and developed for his LS400 (same powerplant as the SC400). It is operating, and I know he is tweaking it as I write. He is looking for an owner of a S400 that is willing to loan their car to him as his project car to complete the different plumbing the SC requires from the LS. He will do the kit for cost to whomever volunteers their car. His kit will sell for around $5000 -$5,500 US. Contact him for firm pricing. It is made utilizing a Vortech Centrifugal blower, and intercooled-HUGE benefit. Of all the three kits, it carries the most potential for higher boost. Should be quite awesome when done.

If you go turbo, like everyone that has enough knowledge to build it, you gotta relocate the amenities package. Not worth it, unless for race only. I wanna drive mine on the street. I will stick with Supercharging!!

Altstadt
Old 11-22-03, 08:16 AM
SC400-V8
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh ok, Sorry I jumped to sonclusions...

What can I say? Just wait it out... I know were all a bit power hungry, but one thing I've never done in my life is settle for less than what I wanted. I want a blown SC400 (NOT 300) and I want it with all options and features of a stock car, with much more power, then that's what I'll get. If I have to wait, then fine. I still race brand new maximas and TLs on the highway and win, so theres no rush for me.

By the time Im ready to add something significant to my car, I'm sure it'll be available for sale and everything will fall into place.