SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

One of the worst SC's ever

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-03, 06:53 PM
jewelerz
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One of the worst SC's ever

Last night myself and my partner were chit chating drinking coffee. All the sudden we see a Champaine color SC blow a light at about 50 mph. So my partner pull (were cops of course) the car over. While my partner gives the driver a tounge lashing I'm inspecting the car This I would have to say was the worst looking SC I have ever seen In my life. The inside of the car was disgusting, the lights in the consoles and the dash were out except for the odometer which was counting/flashing from 0-9. The seats were ripped up. The SC and the 400 emblems were missing leaving black marks in place of them. The dumb a$$ was driving with his high beams cuz the lows didn't work. Now the moral of the story is: This guy thought he was styling in luxury in that beat up thing that he called a "Lexus" that he probably just drove off the showroom at the JUNKYARD. Just seeing that just hurt my heart and I really hate to see stuff like that seeing how everyone here goes over and beyond the call of duty keeping their SC's looking good and the way they should be and not disgracing the car. I'm sorry but I had to express my feelings on this one. Oh yeah by the way we gave him the wood and towed the car for being a suspended driver (imagine that!!!!!) other violations.
Old 11-27-03, 07:10 PM
SCryder
Pole Position

does that mean if my sc is clean i can go(haha)?
Old 11-27-03, 07:32 PM
jewelerz
Rookie

Originally posted by SCryder
does that mean if my sc is clean i can go(haha)?

I'm not at liberty to make comments on that one
But I'm quite sure u get the picture.
Old 11-27-03, 07:32 PM
octane300
Lead Lap

Thumbs down

I can relate. I am the 2nd owner of my SC and it is evident that the original owner did not care for the car at all. He's lucky I never met him in person, b/c I might have b1tch-slapped him for being so careless with the maintenance on the car.
Old 11-27-03, 08:30 PM
jewelerz
Rookie

All I can say is: Have respect for yourself, others and your personal property and you'll go a long way.
Old 11-29-03, 05:56 AM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Default Re: One of the worst SC's ever

Originally posted by jewelerz
... Oh yeah by the way we gave him the wood and towed the car for being a suspended driver (imagine that!!!!!) other violations.
Did you get off on that? You ever seen Reservoir Dogs? It's one thing if that did happen. It's another to go bragging about it on a public forum. And that, sir, is not cool. You mention respect for others one post above and show no respect in your original thread. Typical.

But I think a superiority complex will get you far around here.

Last edited by awj; 11-29-03 at 05:58 AM.
Old 11-29-03, 06:50 AM
jewelerz
Rookie

No complex whatsoever. Just noted the outcome of the story which and smart person could figure out that suspended drivers have to be ticketed and towed AND the moral of the story is the broken down raggedy SC NOT the driver. It's not like any specifics about the individual was mentioned JUST THE CAR which is my point. "blow a light at about 50 mph. " and "suspended driver""<----------- Explain to me what is superior about that? Oh maybe thats legal in your state?
Old 11-29-03, 07:32 AM
hwallen172
Driver

Nice job. Bad drivers should be off the road.
Old 11-29-03, 08:04 AM
jewelerz
Rookie

You bet. Anything to help keep your insurance premium down. It should be noted that New Jersey has the second highest insurance rate in the country
Old 11-29-03, 08:04 AM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Default Re: One of the worst SC's ever

Last night myself and my partner were chit chating drinking coffee. ... The dumb a$$ was driving with his high beams cuz the lows didn't work. Now the moral of the story is: This guy thought he was styling in luxury in that beat up thing that he called a "Lexus" that he probably just drove off the showroom at the JUNKYARD. ... Oh yeah by the way we gave him the wood and towed the car for being a suspended driver (imagine that!!!!!) other violations.
Of course it is not legal. People who disobey the rules of the road deserve the consequences for their actions. Just the way the post struck me ... hardly the genuine heart of a person who is there to protect and serve. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Sometimes people (especially in the public eye) like police officers should not share them publicly? I'll bet your seargent or cheif officer wouldn't want to see this. How many stereotypes can you reinforce in one post? A lot, apparently. Congrats.

Maybe the guy was going to fix those things - maybe he just got it. Did you bother to find out? Instead of ridiculing, did you bother to have an intelligent conversation about the flaws in the vehicle and how to fix them? Did he care? Did you care? It doesn't matter, you're right - but a little common decency goes a long way. Now he goes on with his opinion of LEO reinforced and you go on without making much of an improvement in anything. Just my observations. I apologize if there is any hard feelings. Just trying to make a point; as pointless as it may or may not be.
Old 11-29-03, 08:31 AM
jewelerz
Rookie

No offense taken whatsoever. Believe it or not I'm the nicest cop you ever want to meet
I just didn't want to bore anyone with the way the actual play by play. 2 officers are needed for a stop. The initiating officer and the back-up (they ar dangerous at times). The back-up was me so I was with the driver the whole time and his attitude was more so I know I ran the light but I have a Lexus (the one being described above) and flicking PBA card at me in which I didn't take to heart. And I did ask him about the condition of his car especially the counting odometer in which he replied "I have it set like that!!! You may or may not know about that because this is a Lexus!!!" Mind you snubbing us off talking to someone on his cell phone. AND I APOLOGIZE if I got a little snippy and defensive but I'm just so used to (and other cops) getting jumped on for being misunderstood it's like a natural reaction. I'm telling ya before I was a cop and was pulled over I was always respectful as I am with everybody even if i felt that the cop that pulled me over was a a$$ and I was going to get the wood. ADVISE OF THE DAY: (THIS WORKED FOR ME) I you do something and you know your dead wrong and you know the cop saw you. When he or she asks you "Do you know what I pulled you over for?" Always admit to it and apologize. Don't add your on a rush, your late or anything like that. Why? Cops are always expecting "No!" or "What did you pull me over for!?!?!?" They would be so shocked that you are being cooperative you'd most likely catch a break.
Old 11-29-03, 08:51 AM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

It's not just police that are misunderstood. Try doing this one day:

Exactly the opposite of what you normally do, think, act and say (at least in your mind if it is not possible). You will be amazed. Then try to see every perspective, not just your own. We all have our faults. Progress is made when others faults can be made known and accepted while keeping our own in mind and remaining calm. It is much harder than it seems. Everyone has their own perspective, while most don't acknowledge another perspective. Your advice hinges on the acknowledgment of another perspective other than that of the perp. by the perp. How often does that happen?

Be safe.

Oh yea - I know when I'm in trouble. I'm also ready to accept it. I've been totally honest in past experiences. The only time I caught a break was when there was something more serious occuring. Ultimately, the best advice is to not break the law right?

Last edited by awj; 11-29-03 at 08:53 AM.
Old 11-29-03, 09:41 AM
jewelerz
Rookie

Your last statement is abosolutely right don't break the law. But hey we all do it innocently sometimes ya know. No one drives exactly 25mph in a 25mph zone which is understandable. Everyone doesn't always park correctly. We're all human. I'VE DONE IT. And thats where in my perspective I understand within reason what others do. No body is perfect. No BS I work with a guy (perfect example) that takes his job very seriously (traffic guy) who issues ticket to EVERYONE young, old, handicap AND other COPS that he works with. I know because he's issued me on occasion. Me I'd love to turn around and return the favor (he's not perfect either) BUT thats not me to go tit for tat and be spiteful. I respect that "to each his own."

You other statement is true too about perspective. I was just giving you a general thought of the average copper. That mentality does not apply to all cops. Believe me when I tell you I have been on the receiving end of harrassment when i wasn't a cop and it wasn't too nice of a feelng. Thats not what I'm about.. at all due to those experiences.
Especially with mics/cams in the car and internal affairs Not a good mix.
Old 11-29-03, 11:45 AM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Your last statement is abosolutely right don't break the law. But hey we all do it innocently sometimes ya know. No one drives exactly 25mph in a 25mph zone which is understandable. Everyone doesn't always park correctly. We're all human. I'VE DONE IT. And thats where in my perspective I understand within reason what others do. No body is perfect. No BS I work with a guy (perfect example) that takes his job very seriously (traffic guy) who issues ticket to EVERYONE young, old, handicap AND other COPS that he works with. I know because he's issued me on occasion. Me I'd love to turn around and return the favor (he's not perfect either) BUT thats not me to go tit for tat and be spiteful. I respect that "to each his own."

You other statement is true too about perspective. I was just giving you a general thought of the average copper. That mentality does not apply to all cops. Believe me when I tell you I have been on the receiving end of harrassment when i wasn't a cop and it wasn't too nice of a feelng. Thats not what I'm about.. at all due to those experiences.
Especially with mics/cams in the car and internal affairs Not a good mix.
I noticed your in Jersey.. what part? I'm curious as to we may know this same SC, because I've seen a pretty beat up one around here before

-Anthony
Old 11-29-03, 04:31 PM
95BlackSC
Pole Position

Default Re: Re: One of the worst SC's ever

Originally posted by awj
Of course it is not legal. People who disobey the rules of the road deserve the consequences for their actions. Just the way the post struck me ... hardly the genuine heart of a person who is there to protect and serve. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Sometimes people (especially in the public eye) like police officers should not share them publicly? I'll bet your seargent or cheif officer wouldn't want to see this. How many stereotypes can you reinforce in one post? A lot, apparently. Congrats.

Maybe the guy was going to fix those things - maybe he just got it. Did you bother to find out? Instead of ridiculing, did you bother to have an intelligent conversation about the flaws in the vehicle and how to fix them? Did he care? Did you care? It doesn't matter, you're right - but a little common decency goes a long way. Now he goes on with his opinion of LEO reinforced and you go on without making much of an improvement in anything. Just my observations. I apologize if there is any hard feelings. Just trying to make a point; as pointless as it may or may not be.
very well put- kind of sad that you have to be the one saying it to him though

What kind of pre--req. do you have to have to join the police force?

Quick Reply: One of the worst SC's ever