SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

crashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-03, 09:51 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone,thanx for the kind responses...it's appreciated very much! !!!-but let me tell you guys,if you all have any doubt about the outcome of a front end collision i will tell you first hand...THERE IS NO WAY I WOULD HAVE SURVIVED!!!!(this driver was moving at too great a speed)...my engine would have been laying in my lap...literally!!!!. i went to the hospital for minor treatment(neck,back pains)but,i'm just thankful for still being here in one piece..instead of pieces!.

i came from the body shop today with my mechanic and the verdict looks very good though-it won't take much to get it 110%. The work involved is just sheetmetal damage..new door,fender ...knock out the quarter panel,driver side mirror,and rear suspension work(upper controller arm is broken/w other possible damage to the suspension),but the rim that took the impact is undamaged!-how the heck did this happen????just one of those "things" i guess... ,anyway i will have pics up by MONDAY to set up for the before and after shots ,i might as well have those daizen bushings installed in the rear while i'm at it to complete the full suspension package at no cost to me while i have the opportunity to do so.
..i'm just going to have to look at the positive in every negative at this point...i'm alive and "every dark cloud has a silver lining"....(is that how the saying goes??? )

Last edited by nextlevelcoupe; 12-06-03 at 09:02 AM.
Old 12-04-03, 11:18 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Time to go SC300 Turbo??
Old 12-05-03, 12:00 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

im glad youre being positive about everything, and most important that youre ok!
Old 12-05-03, 07:48 AM
matt7184
Pole Position

Guess the Club Lexus curse continues
My baby was totalled about 2 weeks ago because a driver failed to yield at a light and decided to not yield when my front bumper already crossed the intersection so i T-boned her on her side (SUV). Lady was ticketed with careless driving
Firemen didnt know how I could just walk out and my friends could and they saw the front and asked me to go inside to see and they were like "we need lexuses" lol
Old 12-05-03, 11:09 AM
no2faber
Lead Lap

hey i'm sorry to hear about the accident man, but i'm glad you're ok and you're taking this fairly calmly. I think everyone can learn a lesson from nextlevel. If he's still cool about getting hit at 80+ when it was completely not his fault then we should be more cool about things. i know i was really pissed about some stuff until i read this. i feel like what happened to me is so small compared to what happened to nextlevel and he's still cool about it. ur the man nextlevel!
Old 12-06-03, 12:36 AM
Ryan
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Nextlevel,

Sorry to hear about the accident, but glad to hear you are okay. It really is a pain when things happen to your car after all you have done. Please post the before pics as well, I haven't seen your car in a while.

Take care,
Ryan
Old 12-06-03, 09:16 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by Ryan
Please post the before pics as well, I haven't seen your car in a while.
Here's one from our meet a few months back, check out the reflection of the trees off the hood

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 12-06-03 at 12:06 PM.
Old 12-06-03, 09:54 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i see D, waxing on , waxing off. Looked awesome back then, will look better in the future.
Old 12-06-03, 09:59 AM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

thanx my brothers!
here is an old link to my first pics(56k beware!!) - my car in it's prime... "(the beginning)"- https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=68598

Last edited by nextlevelcoupe; 12-06-03 at 10:03 AM.
Old 12-06-03, 02:42 PM
DaizenLex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yo bro im so sorry this happened to you i know how you must feel, ive been in so many car accident all of them not my fault your right its NYC , NYC is nothing but a big pothole with idiot drivers all cramed in into a 5 borough's. At time i wish i had an excursion with a front grille so i can plow any idiots that get in the way but then again im in my own world when i say that. Bro ifeel for you lt me know if i can be of any assistance
Old 12-06-03, 08:23 PM
Lexozz
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yo D man, I'm telling you its time to migrate. I couldn't take that NYC s$#t anymore. Come join a brotha in the dirty south.

Last edited by Lexozz; 12-06-03 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12-07-03, 10:27 AM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

well the best part about it is, i just came back from hawaii,and i'm already making plans to make that move out of here... my mind is still in hawaii at the moment(this place is absolute paradise!)... i think that this is why i (at this point) am taking everything with a grain of salt..i really have the attitude like"whatever" right now, my car will be fixed and i will be gone out of this stress filled state...just a matter of time
onward to paradise!!!!
Old 12-07-03, 10:36 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

a change in lattitude will change your attitiude.

Perspective can make or break you.
Old 12-07-03, 10:39 AM
SprtDesign
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ha... Flatbush ave!... I use to live off fulton st. & clinton ave. in bed stuy / clinton hills in BK. Moved to ATL in 98....Man brooklyn has'ent changed a bit...
Old 12-08-03, 08:36 AM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Unhappy

NLC ...I just saw this....Sorry man

Quick Reply: crashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!