Search this Thread

Old 01-09-04, 12:57 AM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SLS...

Originally posted by ummagawd
thanks shawn.. will do will do

i'm just waiting on a smog certificate before my buddy can get the loan to buy my mr2.. in which I can then get my SC.... i just hope no one snipes me.... everyone pray for me

i really want to join the secret lexus society
LOL, SLS (Secret Lexus Society) eh ? LOL I like that....

Shawn
Old 01-09-04, 01:22 AM
MrJohnTan
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by asnatlas
Same to you MrJohnTan, Nice looking MR2

Shawn
Thanks Shawn.

i'm just waiting on a smog certificate before my buddy can get the loan to buy my mr2
Out of curiousity, how much are you selling the duece for?
Old 01-09-04, 11:25 AM
ummagawd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

12.5k and i'm including all of my new parts that i never got around to installing... including a polished greddy intercooler, JDM power folding mirrors, 10" SPAL fans, and a boat load of other stuff.
Old 04-21-04, 09:31 PM
SCoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: So who here REALLY drives their car?

Anyone ever take their SC to a road race event or even auto-x?
Back to the start of the thread, eh, yes, someone has taken their SC300 out to a track and had a great time with it. Seeing you're in CA, you will have heard of the tracks that are part of the schedule on NASA (National Auto Sports Assoc.) venue. You get your car on the track with minimal fuss and common sense rules. No speed limits. ~$150 per day. Highly recommend this to anyone wanted to know just what it will do. See this link if interested. I think autocross might be a bit frustrating in a car of ours size. A road course like the ones on the venue are going to allow you to opent them up and see over 100mph in some sections.

http://veloce.nasaproracing.com/schedule.html
Old 07-10-04, 03:37 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

I've done it, and I will do it again.

Eventually I hope to turn the sc300 into a roadcourse racer, just that that point where its streetable but where its still a very capable road course vehicle.

I thinkt he sc300 fully modded is an awesome vehicle to road course in, might even surpass the supra. (when using top of the line handling equipment.)
Old 07-11-04, 02:01 PM
ummagawd
Lexus Test Driver

has anyone drifted their SC300 with the stock 2jzge? is there enough power
Old 07-11-04, 02:27 PM
carnal_c30
Lexus Test Driver

I go to those events, dont drive the SC400... I'd probably take my Maxima or my 240... but if you're looking for people down to go let us know, I know I'm going on Dec 18th to buttonwillow for some fun and drivers education for my friends mom and brother
Old 07-11-04, 04:25 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

has anyone drifted their SC300 with the stock 2jzge? is there enough power
A stock 240sx has enough power to drift. So Im sure the sc300 shouldnt have a problem. Although the SC300 is more prone to understeering, but I need to change my front tires.
Old 07-12-04, 01:01 AM
ummagawd
Lexus Test Driver

so its pretty much just about getting a good LSD then? Are you sure the stock sc300 has enough power to lug around the heavy car?
Old 07-12-04, 08:33 AM
SDSC300
Lead Lap

I got my car sidways just yesterday

and thats with 265's in the rear.. but also almost no neg. camber which I am going to fix really soon, the rear end always wants to come out.

I have no understeer just over. sway bar is adj, to understeer.
Old 07-12-04, 08:41 AM
ummagawd
Lexus Test Driver

what do you have done to your car SDSC?
Old 07-12-04, 09:16 AM
SDSC300
Lead Lap

what do you have done to your car SDSC?

I forget
Old 07-12-04, 01:49 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

so its pretty much just about getting a good LSD then? Are you sure the stock sc300 has enough power to lug around the heavy car?
You should probably practice with doing 180s first. Pretty much any rwd vehicle can be drifted, if done right. Hell I seen stock Tundras drift.

I have witnessed friends even drift the 70ish hp rwd toyota corolla with no problem, Unless the turn youre talking about is really open, (like the nascar oval my friends rent once a month for example) Power shouldnt be much of an issue.

Me personally Im starting with the 240sx, simply because you WILL **** up when learning how to drift. You WILL curve the car, Minor body damage is to be EXPECTED. And Its much cheaper to repair an s13 then it is to repair an SC300.... unless i keep taking it to where im getting it fixed now.

Anyways at this stage you don't need power to drift, you don't need any handling upgrades, you dont even need an lsd. What you need is track time. The most important upgrade of all is your driving ability.

You do however need spare tires, and I would recomend that you at least buy a set of stock wheels or stock sized wheels, and buy yourself used old tires to kill. If you really want your car to be prone to oversteer, buy a good set of front tires, and put the used worn "drift only" tires on the extra set of stock wheels. Put those on when you decide to drift, and the car will brake lose and have more then enough power (even with the pos auto tranny) to break them lose. Hell you probably wont be able make a u turn without fishtailing a bit. When youre done, put your good driving tires back, DO NOT drive in streets with the worn "drifting" tires.

I also recomend that you begin autox regularly (with your driving tires off course). That will begin to give you a feel for your car and its weight shifting charactheristics.
Old 07-12-04, 06:25 PM
ummagawd
Lexus Test Driver

good stuff inab...

yep... i know exactly what you mean... i went through all that with my MR2 ... but the MR2 is completely different beast from the SC.... which is why i ask about the power characteristics and handling capabilities in stock form.

though power is not all you need to drift... proper amount of power allows for more control and easier to induce long, drawn out, high angle drifts... especially with a heavy car...

i also think after a certain point... you can only get better with more power (not to be overdone of course)... as proven by a friend of mine in his 240... been doin it for a couple of years... finally got around to doing the SR swap... and within 30 minutes of the SR motor... he improved GREATLY... everyone was surprised..

but yes... i do agree none-theless.... track time and learning how your car reacts is the best start
Old 07-13-04, 05:30 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Off course, you mod as you improve, With stock all weather season tires that it came with the lexus is prone to understeering more then anything else. The soft suspension and lack of front tire grip doesnt help much.

Quick Reply: So who here REALLY drives their car?