Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

he got a christmas tree for the center console
Old 01-23-04, 08:43 AM
TurboSC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by verylost
I see that no one has made mention of him doing an auto to manual swap. That costs a pretty penny too.

And from the looks of it, it seems he's begun work on a carbon fiber dash. The shifter area aprears to be CF.

Everyone also needs to remember that he is building a show car so of course he needs the paint and wing to make that big statement at the show "Damn I'm here."

No matter what you call it, this car has the ***** to back up its statement.
From what I was told by one if his friends that car WAS a stock 5-speed and still is a 5-speed.. So whoever was saying the supra 6-speed in there is wrong from what I was told.. so drop $1500 of your list to $50,000.

Hmm....what is rice??? i mean, he's got the engine to back him up. The color might be a little crazy, but hey, bet he'll spank those who are calling him rice. I mean, can you do that to your car? its not because you dont want to do it to your car its because you cant do it to your car. otherwise you would do it to your car. you would opt for that turbo, maybe the six speed. nos, fmic...what not. and damn, i dont think there is anything more rice then a slammed car with 2 big round ovals hanging from the bottom of its rear end with nothing to back it up besides a loud exhaust note. And if you go to claim that you would not do that to a Lexus because its a Lexus then damn...i dont know what to say to you. A lexus is a car, in fact its a toyota. So i dont see the big deal with fixing one up. hell, we are a lex family. got an is, gs, sc, and a lx. keep it real, quit hatin on what other people do.
Man what are you talking about? Why can't we do that to our car? If you look in my sig I DID THAT MOTOR and the 6-speed.. I have nitrous, black interior FULL swap.. etc.. I know my buddy John Tan is also planning on doing the swap too.. as well as DIrEctQL. I am telling you that he does NOT have $50,000 stuck in that car. Just from talking to his friend it sounded like they did most of the work themselves meaning the paint also. So no $10,000 paint job there. I am just pointing out obvious facts since I am LIVING through the pricing of everything you say cost's $50,000 and it should be no where near that...

The car is a show car.. but I still don't like the color or the interior. The wing needs to go also..
Old 01-23-04, 09:01 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Ahem. :cough:

Last edited by O. L. T.; 01-23-04 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-23-04, 01:52 PM
MrJohnTan
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by qmtran
Hmm....what is rice??? i mean, he's got the engine to back him up. The color might be a little crazy, but hey, bet he'll spank those who are calling him rice. I mean, can you do that to your car? its not because you dont want to do it to your car its because you cant do it to your car. otherwise you would do it to your car.
Could I do that to MY car? Why certainly I would go with the motor swap... Im currently doing the research and I even have Phil's book sitting in my room. You think im hating just because I cant do that to my car... well you know what?, even if someone offered all the body work, supra lights, off center gauges, aluminum wing and the bright yellow color for free, I would NOT even think twice about doing it. I think everyone is entitled to their own opinions. If you dont like my car, then you dont... oh well, ill get over it. But dont go around saying that I cant do this and I cant do that and Im just a hater.....
Old 01-23-04, 02:04 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by TurboSC
From what I was told by one if his friends that car WAS a stock 5-speed and still is a 5-speed.. So whoever was saying the supra 6-speed in there is wrong from what I was told.. so drop $1500 of your list to $50,000.

Man what are you talking about? Why can't we do that to our car? If you look in my sig I DID THAT MOTOR and the 6-speed.. I have nitrous, black interior FULL swap.. etc.. I know my buddy John Tan is also planning on doing the swap too.. as well as DIrEctQL. I am telling you that he does NOT have $50,000 stuck in that car. Just from talking to his friend it sounded like they did most of the work themselves meaning the paint also. So no $10,000 paint job there. I am just pointing out obvious facts since I am LIVING through the pricing of everything you say cost's $50,000 and it should be no where near that...

The car is a show car.. but I still don't like the color or the interior. The wing needs to go also..
Actually I'm not in the planning stage at this point:

http://chicagolexusclub.org/temp/cli...lip_engine.jpg

My opinion still stands... Want to see what a real show car is? Here is a picture:

http://www.t04r.com/members/media/mikecarlin06.jpg
http://www.t04r.com/members/media/mikecarlin02.jpg

Chris

Last edited by DIrEctQL; 01-23-04 at 02:11 PM.
Old 01-23-04, 08:05 PM
AaronE
Pole Position

Wow, I must be getting young or something, or maybe I've been playing to much Need for Speed: Underground, but I actually like it alot. I don't even like modded cars. Very strange. I don't even mind the wing so much, though he could have done better. The sandstone/tan/black interior looks like a$$ though.
Old 01-23-04, 08:06 PM
AaronE
Pole Position

Heh, I just noticed that he ArmorAll'ed the tread of his tires. Betcha those hold real well through the twisties: http://rise.gamester.net/yellowsc/HPIM0750.JPG
Old 01-23-04, 08:09 PM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by DIrEctQL
My opinion still stands... Want to see what a real show car is? Here is a picture:

http://www.t04r.com/members/media/mikecarlin06.jpg
http://www.t04r.com/members/media/mikecarlin02.jpg
I love that car... very nice... NOW that is a show car

Thx for sharing...
Shawn
Old 01-23-04, 09:13 PM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

Ooo, jus noticed the hood - I'm a fan:

Old 01-24-04, 01:03 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by asnatlas
I love that car... very nice... NOW that is a show car

Thx for sharing...
Shawn
Yep, he lives very close to me. He's on this board too.

Chris
Old 01-24-04, 01:47 AM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by DIrEctQL
http://www.t04r.com
I was on the site that DIrEctQL posted just looking at some of the other member's Supras and look what I found... Do you see what I see ??

Good taste and nice looking Supra...
Shawn

Last edited by asnatlas; 01-24-04 at 01:48 AM.
Old 01-24-04, 03:19 AM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

Heh, nice but he needs to lose the roof rack
Old 01-24-04, 03:31 AM
Technics
Lexus Champion

always wondered how the Supra lights would look on the SC.....hmmmmm
Originally posted by RSTSpeed
Me, too. Not too shabby, but would have to see it on another color car. I like the setup of his center console, but I don' tlike the CF thrown in there.
Has anyone else thought about fitting the Supra lights on the SC? Or possibly retroing some of the circular lights into our current housing? As RSTSpeed said I'd like to see it on another color car, like black, and if it's tastefully done it might not look that shabby.
Old 01-24-04, 09:50 AM
TurboSC
Lexus Test Driver

I thought about it but then decided against it.. The pictures don't really do it justice how they look in real life.. They just don't look right on a SC due to it not having a hatch and the Supra does.

The silver supra (Mikes) is not only a show car but has go that would smoke almost anything he lines up with to.. garunteed.

Here is another pic of a SCSupra..

Last edited by TurboSC; 01-24-04 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-24-04, 11:41 AM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

Good photoshopping

Quick Reply: Molested SC300 found on a honda site.