SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Wow, free TT upgrade with purchase of an SC?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-04, 09:49 AM
BoostCrazy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow, free TT upgrade with purchase of an SC?

LOL!

Check this out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6300

This guy is selling his SC300 on ebay and also giving away a stock Supra TT turbo setup with the car claiming it will "install easily"

Old 02-02-04, 10:00 AM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

I hope some sucker falls for that...

I hate the fact that the SC is now so popular and everyone wants one because of all the magazine coverages. Yah, the TT motor can be swapped.. so what... its probably too expensive for half the people looking for them.

Sorry for venting, but thats the way i see it now. its getting too popular, i might have to find a rarer car.

my .02$

Kevin
Old 02-02-04, 10:45 AM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dodge Viper like horsepower in a top of the line Lexus luxury car for about the price of a Honda Civic...
Old 02-02-04, 11:23 AM
240_Keyy
Pole Position

lol, what a douschebag
Old 02-02-04, 11:26 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by lexcoupe

I hate the fact that the SC is now so popular and everyone wants one because of all the magazine coverages. Yah, the TT motor can be swapped.. so what... its probably too expensive for half the people looking for them.

Sorry for venting, but thats the way i see it now. its getting too popular, i might have to find a rarer car.

my .02$

Kevin
Most of the articles mention turbo kits, not engine swaps.

Chris

Last edited by DIrEctQL; 02-02-04 at 11:27 AM.
Old 02-02-04, 11:26 AM
JFlo
Lead Lap

I am in the midst of the Supra motor swap ... easy ... no .... cheap ... lol .... but I am sure that all of the forum browsers here are aware of that.
Old 02-02-04, 11:55 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

and a paint job for $500
Old 02-02-04, 12:58 PM
billdk
Driver School Candidate

eh, he says its got a custom manifold.. its possible he really could have gotten the mani hacked to fit the GE head
Old 02-02-04, 01:14 PM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by DIrEctQL
Most of the articles mention turbo kits, not engine swaps.

Chris
Turbo and High Tech Perf. are doing a article about the SC with the TT motor. I subscribe so i am aware of the publicity. You know what i mean though...

Kevin
Old 02-02-04, 01:27 PM
DIrEctQL

Turbo and High Tech Perf. are doing a article about the SC with the TT motor. I subscribe so i am aware of the publicity. You know what i mean though...

Kevin
They did some articles about Turbo kits first.

Chris
Old 02-02-04, 09:52 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my .02$

Kevin

I agree bro.....I was so close to buying a 93 5-speed SC3 for a swap.....but I might just stick with the 2 SC4's I already have....
Old 02-02-04, 10:50 PM
DIrEctQL

Originally posted by SC400Dude
I agree bro.....I was so close to buying a 93 5-speed SC3 for a swap.....but I might just stick with the 2 SC4's I already have....
Hahahaha. You're talking to the man (lexcoupe, aka Kevin) who just spend a whole lot of money for a turbo kit on his 5 speed SC3.

Chris
Old 02-03-04, 07:25 AM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by DIrEctQL
Hahahaha. You're talking to the man (lexcoupe, aka Kevin) who just spend a whole lot of money for a turbo kit on his 5 speed SC3.

Chris
BUT STILL!!! my qoute still stands, there are a lot of people picking up SC's now JUST to do the motor swap. I mean look at all the new people we have had just last month. there was probably at least 3 or so. And yes i did just spend a shtload to put a turbo on my car, but i think its gonna be worth it on friday

Kevin

Maybe it just seems like a lot since i have had mine for around 3 years now, and maybe its my car thats getting old?? so many new guys around these parts. i mean there were over 5 new SC owners in the first 3 pages of the SC forum!

Last edited by lexcoupe; 02-03-04 at 07:30 AM.
Old 02-28-04, 09:20 PM
beobe99
Driver School Candidate

I wouldnt get to upset cause there was a magazine artical about SC's being swapped, and turboed. To me Id look at it like its cool that its being noticed by the mass. I have a 99 Impreza RS with a 2002 WRX swap (check for it in upcoming SCC mag. its silver black rims). Anyway the whole subaru thing blew up big time with the WRX..I never gt upset with the new guys coming in like there the man, or I never said to anyone "man i been there done that". I look at it as MORE COMPETETION, more people to stand out from because of what I built not just cause I bought a different car you know.

Well maybe Im just venting cause I came on here to find info on my next project sc300 turbo heheheh!!
Old 02-28-04, 09:39 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

I think the thing that bothers me is that so many people are coming in and buying good condition 5 speed SC300's so they can "have a supra for half the price" or whatever they're saying. Then the reality hits that it's not cheap so they drive it around for a couple months and tear it up or worse do a half *** job on it. Don't get me wrong, it's their car and they can do with it as they please.

I think they look at it as "oh, here's an SC300 for $7000 and here's a turbo kit for it for $4000. Wow, I could have almost a Supra for $11k"

Ah, screw it. I'm just cranky after a 13 hour day.

Last edited by Vegassc400; 02-28-04 at 09:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Wow, free TT upgrade with purchase of an SC?