SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

found a new widebody kit for the SC/soarer

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-04, 11:15 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it, but the rear wing is a bit too extreme.
Old 02-10-04, 11:29 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Din
i'd swing one , i wonder how much it would be after shipping prob around 6000$
wow- that kit would look increadible on your car with the canover and your wheels! although with the widebody you would need to get some wwwiiiiiiiddddddeeeee wheels to fill those gaps- but it would def. be one of the hottest SC's in the world.
Old 02-10-04, 11:53 AM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DRIFTER...

That kit is designed for drifters...
You can't even imagine trying to have that kit survive on city streets and bumps. San Francisco? Forget it.

So think about "real world" applications when trying to buy these

ANd look at the camber of the front wheels. Also the rear doesn't look like it was "widened"

I personally like fender flares with no bolts showing
Old 02-10-04, 02:52 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Default Re: DRIFTER...

Originally posted by Anthracite SC
You can't even imagine trying to have that kit survive on city streets and bumps. San Francisco? Forget it.

so you think it would get tore up in everyday driving but would be fine for drifting??? I would think that it would get more tore up drifting than just normal application... I just think you would have to raise up the coilovers some, watch where you drive and be carfull... you should see how low my brother leaves his jetta sometimes- (im talking less than 1.5" of ground clearence in the front, and his is able to get around, he is just insanely observant to the roads conditions, and upcoming bumps or objects in the road.

This kit would be great for a show car.
Old 02-10-04, 10:55 PM
SDJZZ31
Rookie

I saw the car at the 04 Tokyo Auto Salon.
Old 02-10-04, 11:13 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Default Re: DRIFTER...

Originally posted by Anthracite SC

So think about "real world" applications when trying to buy these

ANd look at the camber of the front wheels. Also the rear doesn't look like it was "widened"

I personally like fender flares with no bolts showing
yes. everyday driving consists of speed-bumps, driveways, pot holes, & so on. i'm guessing you're thinkin

when you drift, your car leans and somehow scrapes against the floor, but drift cars have suspension

setups. i personally like the look, but wouldn't want it on my car xp!
Old 02-11-04, 06:28 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Re: DRIFTER...

Originally posted by reamemiya
yes. everyday driving consists of speed-bumps, driveways, pot holes, & so on. i'm guessing you're thinkin

when you drift, your car leans and somehow scrapes against the floor, but drift cars have suspension

setups. i personally like the look, but wouldn't want it on my car xp!
no im thinking about how many times i have seen pics from the D1 when a drifter gets a tad too loose and looses a front bumper from the wall, or that kind of thing-

as far as driveways and potholes and speed bumps goe, those are avoidable "most" of the time...

Im not arguing that it would be easy to drive with, but I am saying that it wouldn't be constantly rubbing and tearing apart if you were cautious.
Old 02-11-04, 12:44 PM
Dimcorner
Pole Position

If you get a tad too close to anything i don't care what the car is made of it will not look good after all is said and done. However, same argument with CF doors. You only race once in a while, but you drive almost every day. I can't imagine parking the car and have some granny open the door into my wide body kit or carbon fiber door. At least in any sort of racing i can say that i chose to drive REALLY fast or REALLY sideways and i had some control over what happens to my expensive car.

But then again, if you dont' daily drive the car by all means go for it. It looks pretty good

PS. I had a FG front on my rx7. Nicks and stratches from rocks left over by gravel trucks from days ago, a tire peel from a 18 wheeler left a nice crack on it. And some REALLY steep speedbump scratched the bottom a bit and cracked a lil of the side.
Old 02-11-04, 02:19 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Originally posted by Dimcorner
If you get a tad too close to anything i don't care what the car is made of it will not look good after all is said and done. However, same argument with CF doors. You only race once in a while, but you drive almost every day. I can't imagine parking the car and have some granny open the door into my wide body kit or carbon fiber door. At least in any sort of racing i can say that i chose to drive REALLY fast or REALLY sideways and i had some control over what happens to my expensive car.

But then again, if you dont' daily drive the car by all means go for it. It looks pretty good

PS. I had a FG front on my rx7. Nicks and stratches from rocks left over by gravel trucks from days ago, a tire peel from a 18 wheeler left a nice crack on it. And some REALLY steep speedbump scratched the bottom a bit and cracked a lil of the side.

those are cf doors?
Old 02-11-04, 07:46 PM
Dimcorner
Pole Position

no, i'm saying there was a thread for CF doors a lil bit ago.
Old 02-12-04, 05:05 AM
JDMJim
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

WOW.............now thats a badass kit! I might entertain the idea of selling my custom set-up for this kit, has anyone checked on shipping time? I know GTP is an authorized dealer of BN sports now, it would be nice if they had one in stock ..................ahhhh who am I kidding, this thing is prolly 6 months away just like my current set-up was

Jimmy
Old 02-12-04, 05:34 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

you know how it is importing parts... they will say three months, miss the first ship, get it on the next, take forever to clear customs... then you will get it!!!! lol- not that Im trying to talk you out of it, I think you should do it! lol
Old 02-16-04, 03:39 AM
ted@importfan.c
Driver School Candidate

Post BN SPORTS PRICE WITH SHIPPING

Front $897
Front Fenders $667
Sides $667
Rear Fenders $782
Rear $897

Door Caps $667
Louver Middle Vented Hood $1012

All prices include shipping from japan to our shop in Irvine , CA . Expect a 3 month wait after the order.
We are the exclusive north american distributor of BN sports.

I will add this kit to our website soon so that it may be purchased online.
-ted
Old 02-16-04, 08:59 AM
Din
Lexus Champion

not bad only about 4000$ what i want.
Old 02-16-04, 09:58 PM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice kit...not sure about the price though!
JPI

Quick Reply: found a new widebody kit for the SC/soarer