carbon fibre dash

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-04, 02:37 PM
AaronE
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by IPT
let me know if you want it i can do a group buy price if the intrest is great
I'm actually looking for these pieces in wood to match the original. Right now the going rate seems to be $85 on eBay, so if a group buy could come in under that, I'd be in...

-Aaron
Old 02-12-04, 03:00 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

I hate to sound like a broken record but the reality is that, when it comes to dash kits, you get what you pay for. Trust me, you will get an $85 dash kit. Some manufacturers are not very precise when it comes to measurements so you will need to cut and rework many of the pieces in those kits.

I'd rather pay the extra money and deal with a CL sponsor who will make sure it's right.
Old 02-12-04, 04:53 PM
AaronE
Pole Position

Originally posted by Vegassc400
Some manufacturers are not very precise when it comes to measurements so you will need to cut and rework many of the pieces in those kits.
I was a bit afraid of that too. Their bullet item list on their eBay ad had these items, which may or may not be of the "new improved great quality!" type:
  • All dash trim kits are designed to fit 100% perfect. Every single piece is measured by CNC technology instead of by hand like other kits. This result in the most perfect factory fit possible.
  • All of our dash trim kits are cut using state-of-the-art Computerized Smooth 100% Accurate Laser Cutting Technology. All manufacturing procedures are supervised by professional engineers.
What would be the price range for a group buy?

EDIT: Nevermind, the eBay kinds aren't even real wood. They're manufactured by mimousa.com.

-Aaron

PS. if I'm hijacking this thread, I'll stop...

Last edited by AaronE; 02-12-04 at 05:10 PM.
Old 02-12-04, 05:05 PM
IPT
Sponsor

I will be honest with guys right now

We are not going to match EBAY prices

Ebay kits are cheap and that is it

If you want a perfect kit with lifetime warratny then go with us we have been around for 5 years

we could get you that same ebay kit for 50.00 but i will not sale it to you or recommend it because you will not be happy at all.

We have tons of customers that have went ahead and bought ebay kits and will always come back to us
that is a true fact

just like one gentlemen posted before you get what you pay for

are kit will be triple that

you get what you pay for

carbon fiber will be 395.00 but if i can get 10 people that want it i can come down way down

parker

www.iptdashkits.com
Old 02-12-04, 06:41 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default dash kit

Either you don't understand or I'm lost. The kit you posted on the previous page is not what I'm looking for. I already have that kit. Where I got it from was cheaper and had more pieces. I don't mind a good stick on kit but what I'm looking for is a kit to cover the wood on the dash and doors, not the center console. Do you have that? If not, can you make it? How much? From the calls I've made, no one makes the kit. It would have to be moulded to fit right. Can you do that?

Originally posted by IPT

I will be honest with guys right now

We are not going to match EBAY prices

Ebay kits are cheap and that is it

If you want a perfect kit with lifetime warratny then go with us we have been around for 5 years

we could get you that same ebay kit for 50.00 but i will not sale it to you or recommend it because you will not be happy at all.

We have tons of customers that have went ahead and bought ebay kits and will always come back to us
that is a true fact

just like one gentlemen posted before you get what you pay for

are kit will be triple that

you get what you pay for

carbon fiber will be 395.00 but if i can get 10 people that want it i can come down way down

parker

www.iptdashkits.com
Old 02-12-04, 06:48 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default CF kit

Originally posted by Vegassc400
These are the pics from the doors trim when I had them CF covered. I totalled it 5 months later.
This looks okay. Did you get this from Emerald? Looks like the wood shows at the edges.
Old 02-12-04, 07:28 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

It's actually from a local shop here. There was no wood showing. It must have been some weird glare from the digital camera I had.

SC owners on this board have been looking and waiting for years for real replacement pieces. None have surfaced yet. I doubt anyone will want to pay for custom molded pieces $$$$$$$$. And the market isn't there yet for mass produced pieces. Maybe with the new popularity of the SC300 (from all the magazines turboing and doing engine swaps) the demand will grow for aftermarket parts. Let's cross them fingers.
Old 02-13-04, 11:29 AM
CarBlog
Driver School Candidate

Your best bet would probably be to find someone who can wrap the pieces you're looking for in real CF. I know a guy in Ohio that does that, and I'm about to ship several pieces of my center console from my current project to him to have them wrapped. He's not terribly expensive if you look at it as the fact that it's real CF, and not just stick on pieces. It's not made out of a mold either, but I can live with that, as to make the mold and everything would mean about 3 to 4 times what I'm paying him to do already.

If anyone wants, I can post his info for you to contact him... the work I've seen by him is definitely top notch!
Old 02-13-04, 11:34 AM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

How much is he charging Carblog? My local shop did it for about $600 but that included removing the old pieces wrapping them and reinstalling them. Kinda pricey but when you figure in at least an 3 hours of labor just on the install it wasn't too bad.
Old 02-13-04, 11:37 AM
TurboSC
Lexus Test Driver

I would be interested also. If you don't want to post the contact info please PM me. As long as it LOOKS GOOD, I don't really care. I just need this to get done.

What are the turnaround times for the process?
Old 02-13-04, 11:50 AM
IPT
Sponsor

Turbosc you need this to go along with your motor

Place to order

http://store.yahoo.com/iptmotorsports/01-03-01-02.html

parker

www.iptms.com
Old 02-13-04, 12:15 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Guys, don't take it to heart because it's my opinion but carbon fiber style dash kits look horrible on a tan or grey interiors. Unless you have black interior... your car "will" look ghetto. Simply does not belong. Ask any graphics designer with good taste.

Chris
Old 02-13-04, 12:43 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

I agree with you on the tan but I thought it looked ok on the grey.

IPT- Where's the engine cover for my V8?

Last edited by Vegassc400; 02-13-04 at 12:49 PM.
Old 02-13-04, 01:32 PM
TimmyD
Rookie

carblog - I'd be interested in the info about that too. I've been wanting to get those pieces done in c/f since I got the car
Old 02-13-04, 02:06 PM
JDM SC4
Pole Position

Originally posted by TurboSC
I would be interested also. If you don't want to post the contact info please PM me. As long as it LOOKS GOOD, I don't really care. I just need this to get done.

What are the turnaround times for the process?
my guy is doing mine for his cost, which is $1.50 per square inch. He's doing just as posted above. Bring in your item, he will cover them in real CF. I just went to his shop and he was doing a bunch of 350z and hummer dashes. Looks great! turn around time is 1 week.

Anything can be covered in CF, as long as it's hard and solid. I'm getting my wood trim, the speedo area, maybe my ***** shift lever, and the long trim plate around the radio. oh, maybe the left/right power mirror console. I figure it's going to cost me like less than what Emerald was charging. Pictures should be here second week of march... he's going on vacation till then.

CAN someone post how to remove the dash? the faster i do this the sooner i can get pics...

Quick Reply: carbon fibre dash