SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My window mechanism is broken Please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-04, 10:23 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My window mechanism is broken Please help!!!

I was in school when some ******* decided to attempt to jimmy my car. I see the tale tale signs in the assembly in top of the window.

As a result my window can not go up or down. The motor seems to try to grab but when I do get it to stay up, it can easily be pushed down. I already took off the door panet, what I need is a diagram of how our window systems work and how to replace windows. I can't believe the amount of extra sheet metal this car has. Complicating matters even worse.

If anyone has access to diagrams, or has experience in replacing windows or at least removing it so that I can find out what exactly is wrong please let me know. Im desperate and need to have this window fixed asap. That way I can just get the part and do the work myself and save hundreds of dollars in labor fees, which I can't afford right now.

Any ideas? My guess is one of the grains that access the pulleys is stripped. ALso the window does this clunk sound when it goes up.
Old 02-09-04, 10:31 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 345 Likes on 224 Posts

ANY attempt at a search would have gotten you exactly what you need because i personally spammed the keywords into a thread to catch the search engine. Search for sc300 regulator. yours is broken. a new one costs $200.

other words that would have caught that search are:

window
window regulator
sc300 window regulator
sc400 window regulator
sc300 regulator
sc400 regulator
sc300 sc400 regulator

etc...................

Last edited by O. L. T.; 02-09-04 at 10:32 PM.
Old 02-09-04, 10:47 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

I almost had my car stolen, so Im extremely stressed out, I make it a point not to post here unless I really need to so as to be less of annoyance as possible.

I dont even know what the damn thing would be called anywho.

I hope that I can find a diagram.
Old 02-09-04, 11:10 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 345 Likes on 224 Posts

obviously you are stressed ... you didn't say "thank you"
Old 02-12-04, 01:53 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

After taking the door panel apart, and viewing the window mechanism.

It seems that the pulley wheel on top close to the motor was chipped when the idiot jimmied my car and pulled the tensioner out of that pulley and the little plastic clip that should go on the bottom of the metal plate holding the top wheel pulley out of place. He felt the tensioner cord, and probably must of confused it with the one that unlocks my door. And freaking yanked it.

Anyways it seemed that what I have to do is pull the tensioner back into the pulley and snag that clip in place. Much easier said then done. Do you think I have to remove the window? If so what is the propper procedure in removing the window? Does anyone have diagrams explaining tis procedure or anyone know of one in the entire internet? Lexus has about 5 manuals in my car alone each priced at 120 dollars. And they dont know in which book my problem would be listed in. It seems that I have to seperate the window track and the window itself, and Im very hesitant to do this since it appears that it is glued into place.

So perhaps maybe there is an alternative that anyone here knows off? I searched about window removals, and no luck.
Old 02-12-04, 04:39 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Ah, sorry OLT, Thank you!!! I finally found your thread where you had the same problem as I did!!! For some reason it didn't pop up in my searches however... or maybe I missed it.

Actually the piece that was broken in your thread is fine in mine. The problem for me is the broken top pulley that you are holding on your hand. That lies at top of the track. How did you manage to remove it? Better yet how did you remove your regulator? Right now as we speak the cord is off the top pulley and is not held firmly in place. Also I cannot simply yank the cord back into the top pulley since theres not enough cord. Where the top pulley is held right now. seems joined with the trac that holds the regulator. Im rather confused right now..

Last edited by Inabj2; 02-12-04 at 11:56 PM.