SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

New here.. thinking of doing a SC300 as my next project car..

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-04, 01:11 PM
ON3GO
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here.. thinking of doing a SC300 as my next project car..

hey guys.
im looking to do another project and im pretty sure i want to do a SC300..
Ive been doing alot of research and looking for what i like and etc and a few things i cant find.
please help me out if you can.
I found a Widebody kit i like.. i think its made by "Runner" ??? i dunno if im correct on the name but i cant find any info on this kit i want. it just looks like the stock bodied car but wider.
With that said if i am correct on the name of the copanys widebody kit, then can i put say a Do-luck front bumper on this kit or would i have to some extra body work for it to line up correctly. also whats the max size rim and tire i can run on a SC300 with this widebody kit.
Also the motor ill be using will be a 1JZ-GTE mounted to a v160. With that said my goal is around 600rwhp on pump gas... i hate relying on race gas to have a fast car, i even built my datsun Z to run just on pump gas. doing my math and my friends thoughts who knows 1JZ's pretty well we are guessing the max we can get out of pump gas is around 580rwhp, this is with a nice size T04E or R. what do you guys think about that?
thinking of running say 650cc injectors to be on the safe side, not sure if i wanna spray so ill leave that out for now.
also i remember reading on the web somewhere that a guy had carbon fiber doors.. if so where can i find these, i want to lighten up the car alot and i gotta start some place.
any nice hoods for these cars?
again i dont want to come off as a ricer and or troll.. im not,
reason for me wanting to build one of these is i hate jumping on the bandwangon, i love fast, good looking cars, and cars you dont see alot.
plus i need a car thats comfy, fast, handles great, looks awesome and really something i can take a girl out on a date with.
my Datsun you cant, its loud, fast, STIFF as all hell, and has no a/c, no anything really.
heres a pic.

now dont get my wrong also.. my Z is my baby and my REAL project car but im sure all of you get the point.

also im sure i have alot more questions but thats all for now.
thanks guys

mike

Last edited by ON3GO; 03-03-04 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-03-04, 01:26 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How's your Japanese? Call 0466-43-9599 or email shonan@runner-sp.co.jp for the Runner Air-Spec kit.

You might want to get in touch with Karl Hardy for the 1JZ-GTE. He's achieved 584rwhp on that motor.
Old 03-03-04, 01:31 PM
ON3GO
Driver School Candidate

not very good lol. im a little itailan guy from New York, then to Florida, now in Texas.
i have connections with some ppl in japan.
theres no website for them?
also is there a website that sells parts for these cars?
i know of takakaira.com but really thats all i found..

thanks man

mike
Old 03-03-04, 01:37 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

The website isn't much of a help: http://www.runner-sp.co.jp/ The operation looks like it's so small that there aren't any importers or distributors stateside, but you never know.

Check the FAQ for some shops. There isn't really a central emporium for our car, where to go depends on what you want to buy.
Old 03-03-04, 01:45 PM
ON3GO
Driver School Candidate

well thank you for all your help.. god knows i need it.

another question,
anybody know what front bumper these are..

and

mike
Old 03-03-04, 01:55 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

First one looks a lot like the Phenix Target Street Attacker, the second one is the Phoenix Power.

http://www.intellexual.net/faq.html#06
Old 03-03-04, 02:10 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Just wanted to say VERY nice Z!!!!
Old 03-03-04, 02:14 PM
ON3GO
Driver School Candidate

THANK YOU!
not alot of people like it... alot more people are shocked that a 20 year old built it and owns it.
Then im shocked when i see how much i have in it!
i could have had a SC300 with a GTE swap, custom body kit, paint, interior, brakes, suspension, and TV's out the ying yang.
BUT... i love it and wouldnt trade it for anything in the world.

also im about to start another Z project, i have alot of the parts i need just looking for a rusty body

mike
Old 03-03-04, 02:20 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by ON3GO
THANK YOU!
not alot of people like it... alot more people are shocked that a 20 year old built it and owns it.
Then im shocked when i see how much i have in it!
i could have had a SC300 with a GTE swap, custom body kit, paint, interior, brakes, suspension, and TV's out the ying yang.
BUT... i love it and wouldnt trade it for anything in the world.

also im about to start another Z project, i have alot of the parts i need just looking for a rusty body

mike
Could you tell us a bit more about your current Z project.
I love the old Z's.
Old 03-03-04, 02:25 PM
SoarerJzz3
Lead Lap

I was just looking at my local newspaper and found a 84 280Z (2 cars) one for parts $700 for both. Don't know if that's what you're looking for but just thought I would help.

Those carbon doors you're talking about are probably from T. Ueno's D1 Soarer. Here's his site and the U.S. distributor.

www.t-and-e.co.jp

www.speedalliance.com
Attached Thumbnails New here.. thinking of doing a SC300 as my next project car..-d1_usa_0145.jpg  
Old 03-03-04, 02:41 PM
ON3GO
Driver School Candidate

You must mean a 280ZX cuz the 280Z was stopped in 1978. then the 280ZX from 1979 to 1983, then 300zx Z31 from 84 to 89.. you get the idea.
the 280Z (1975 to 78) is really the same thing as the 240Z (and 260Z) but has a different motor, rear end, abit heavier, different tail lights and a few other things.. pretty much the same car.

well my Green Z is a 1976 280Z. bought it 100% stock over ebay.
it now has alot of mods, so much so that i cant even list or remember them all.
heres a few main things. its has a 280ZX Turbo motor, with a custom fmic, custom T04E 60-1 Stage 5 82a/r turbo, full 3inch S.S exhaust to a Blitz Nur Spec Muffler, Blitz BLM gauges, Blitz Bov, race ported head, Microtech Standalone Management system, 55lb injectors or custom fuel rail, alot of work done to the intake and exhaust manifolds, 5-speed with upgraded ACT clutch. 17x10.5 rear and 17x9 front CCW wheels custom made for my Z to fit with ZG overfender Flares that i had made in Carbon fiber. 240Z MSA air dam, full road racing suspension, which include Coilovers, Nismo steering knucles, bigger sway bars, bushings, adjustable control arms, bump steer spacers and adjustable tokico struts and so on.
12.5in wilwood rotors up front on custom JSK hats and caliper mounts that have Wilwood Superlite NDL calipers. all wilwood custom stainless steel brake lines. the rears are Z31 300zx rotors with Silvia Calipers on Modern Motorsport brackets. wow theres so much.. i forgot alot.
also theres a 100wet shot going on it and alot other things. im also getting a custom Carbon fiber dash of a 240Z mold, carbon fiber BRE wing, CF door panels, Hood and so on.
car should have over 400rwhp, and thats on stock cast internals... thats without the nitrous and on pump gas. the motor isnt 100% done yet so ill keep you all on a update but im sure ill brake 400rwhp.

the other Z im gonna build is a 280Z motor in a 240Z body. tripple webbers, high compression motor, nismo 5-speed tranny, some suspension stuff and so on.. but a budget oldschool Z project.

mike

EDIT i also have a Blitz SBC i-D boost controller, and Blitz Powermeter i-D.... i love my blitz parts car is also on the stock paint from 1976 which is pretty cool i think. and i have other things like t-body and fuel pump but u get the idea.. it really doesnt have all that much for power parts, just GREAT tuning thats doing the motor.. i would do the motor but im in texas and the car is in florida i should have it here with me soon

Last edited by ON3GO; 03-03-04 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-03-04, 02:51 PM
SoarerJzz3
Lead Lap

Must have been a misprint in the paper.
Old 03-03-04, 03:02 PM
ON3GO
Driver School Candidate

yeah... you will find alot of misprints in papers in adds that deal with old Z's.. sometimes you get lucky and find a deal cuz the current owner doesnt have a clue with what he has...

mike
Old 03-03-04, 03:18 PM
ON3GO
Driver School Candidate

heres a few pics of my Z..
no finished engine shots yet
also i thought it was hard finding parts for a old Z, i think the SC beats it!

it was stock then... the day i got it..

mike
Old 03-03-04, 03:20 PM
ON3GO
Driver School Candidate

mike

Quick Reply: New here.. thinking of doing a SC300 as my next project car..