SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

car got keyed and painted last night

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-04, 10:49 AM
Joehs
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation car got keyed and painted last night

Gotta love it, woke up this morning to my dad at my doorway saying "Joey you should come take a look at your car..." so im thinking, "alright whats up, something gay must have happened..." So I walk outside, and out to the curb ( I never park on the curb, always in the driveway for stupid people like this, but mom was too lazy to put the car back in the driveway when she moved it...) and look at it, some clown decided itd be cute to throw some paint down the side of my car....so im pretty mad, but i figure, maybe itll come off wiht a good wash....It did, but on the way to washing it, I found a rediculously long key scratch down the passenger side....greeeeaaaat!!!

Its kind of weird, because my girlfriends car was also broken into last night....

Anyways, guess theres nothing I can do about it, except find out who it is and make them pay for it....I've got a few people in mind as culprits but guess i cant do much huh.....

Gotta love people that are too scared to take it up with me in person.... jeez im small too =\

stupid kids...

Joey

Last edited by O. L. T.; 03-07-04 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-07-04, 10:58 AM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

That sucks. At least the paint came off. The key (I'm assuming key) mark will require some work. Try one of those touch up pens from the CL store.

I always love the part from Pulp Fiction when they're talking about the guy messing with Vincents car. It almost would have been worth them doing if I could have caught them doing it. So true.
Old 03-07-04, 06:41 PM
DHRP
Lead Lap

Angry

That blows! No respect...

How deep is the scratch? If it's not that deep you can try Meguiar's Scratch X. It worked really well for me. Check out the pics near the bottom of this thread HERE

You can also take it to a professional detailer and see if it can be buffed out or has to be painted.
Old 03-07-04, 07:02 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seriously, no matter how much you dislike someone, leave their car out of it. It's just plain cowardness. We all know that we all treasure our vehicles and that is something that should be considered sacred. Whoever did this to you Joey, will pay. If you don't get him/her - someone else will. I always looked it this way, what goes around, comes around.

Joey, the best thing to do is pull your car onto your driveway and keep a real close eye. It's better to prevent anything worse from happening from your car. Goodluck buddy.
Old 03-07-04, 07:46 PM
Joehs
Pole Position

Originally posted by DHRP
That blows! No respect...

How deep is the scratch? If it's not that deep you can try Meguiar's Scratch X. It worked really well for me. Check out the pics near the bottom of this thread HERE

You can also take it to a professional detailer and see if it can be buffed out or has to be painted.
Yah I went out and bought some of that today, It helped alittle bit, but Im going to have to have the rest buffed out. Since my dad works at lexus, It shouldnt be too hard for me to find a good place to have it done, but im still mad that something like this happened. Kinda makes me wonder, Its not like I dont take care of my car....I do everything I can to keep it working and clean all the time, and people just come along and screw it up....

I got most all of the paint off, and some of the key mark. The rest will have to be buffed out and whatever other measures may be taken to return it back to the way it should be.

Maybe this will give my dad new incentive to buy that alarm ive been wanting -.-

Thanks for all the kind words guys,
Joey
Old 03-08-04, 06:08 PM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Not sure an alarm would help in this situation.
Unless it's one that delivers 500,000 Volts to anything that touches it.
That would be so fun!