abboushi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that SC is hott, you sure do get 2 work fast good luck on the swap
Old 04-17-04, 03:20 PM
Thomas C
Lead Lap

Welcome to the board, I'm loving your SC. I can't wait to start modding mine as well.
Old 04-18-04, 11:45 AM
trbolex
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the nice comments. Reason why I work fast is the whole reason I bought the car was to turbo it. I have the motor, tranny, diff, axles, ecu, wiring harness, intercooler, pipes, bov just waiting to be put on. Just need some small stuff like fuel pump, injectors, and fuel management, new mufflers and I will be set. The car will be repainted this winter and wheels will be changed eventually. I am a perfectionist. The paint isn't that bad it just doesn't look like the place that painted the side skirts, front and rear bumper did not prep them very well and it is spidering in a few places and a small piece of surface rust above the wheel well. Ill keep you guys updated with the swap and the transfermation of the car.

Katie
Old 04-18-04, 08:18 PM
95BlackSC
Pole Position

gorgeous car and welcome!

If your taking those rims off I want them! They look great- what kind are they?
Old 04-19-04, 06:01 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Exclamation I almost bought this car

Hey Katie, everyone.

Haha it's funny seeing this car here. I went to see this car about 2 months ago. It wasn't running right and the owner took me for a ride and it left us stranded a few blocks away where we had to walk back to his house. Haha

The car needed way too much work so I passed on the deal. He told me he wanted $8k but he'd go down to 7k because he "liked" me whatever that meant. He had done too many mods to the car that he removed so it was a mess that I wasn't in the mood to clean up. I prefer to start with a stock car and do my mods from there.

Glad I held out. 2 weeks later I picked up a 92 5-speed that was bone stock and perfectly clean.

Katie if you could, you could PM me or whatever... How much was the car and how did you find it? eBay? Autotrader? How did you get it to you?
Old 04-19-04, 07:01 AM
wmulli
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Katie! Welcome aboard

Beautiful SC!! We love pics here, so take lots and lots during the conversion and your upgrades!

Nice to have yet another knowledgeable lady in the ranks...
Old 04-19-04, 07:34 AM
JFlo
Lead Lap

Nice looking car. I hope to see many before and after pictures.
Old 04-19-04, 11:20 AM
trbolex
Driver School Candidate

Default Re: I almost bought this car

Originally posted by CleanSC
Hey Katie, everyone.

Haha it's funny seeing this car here. I went to see this car about 2 months ago. It wasn't running right and the owner took me for a ride and it left us stranded a few blocks away where we had to walk back to his house. Haha

The car needed way too much work so I passed on the deal. He told me he wanted $8k but he'd go down to 7k because he "liked" me whatever that meant. He had done too many mods to the car that he removed so it was a mess that I wasn't in the mood to clean up. I prefer to start with a stock car and do my mods from there.

Glad I held out. 2 weeks later I picked up a 92 5-speed that was bone stock and perfectly clean.

Katie if you could, you could PM me or whatever... How much was the car and how did you find it? eBay? Autotrader? How did you get it to you?
Thats funny that you almost bought this car. I dont blame you for not buying it. The guy conned me. He told me the only thing wrong was a messed up painted steering wheel and an armrest in the interior and the exterior he told me that there was a key scratch. He totally hosed me on the car. I live 1300 miles from him and had the car shipped to me. He blatenly lied and told me the car was running fine which is an outright lie. It has a horrible miss in it. The cluster isn't working and he decided to take out the bulbs and the harnesses for the headlights, the interior is trashed and the painted side skirts and bumpers looked like a 5 dollar paint job, no working stereo or antenna, messed up passenger side door I can go on and on. "Professionally Done" my ***. This guy could have been sponsered by caulk and duck tape. I have all interior panels out of it and trying to source out a salvaged SC to replace them I will fix them and fix the car. I am too much of a trusting person and this guy took way advantage of me. He sent me old pictures of the car which looked really good in the pics.

He got what he wanted and I got a car that needs a lot of work and time......Its just my luck. /VENT

Katie

Last edited by trbolex; 04-19-04 at 11:21 AM.
Old 04-19-04, 11:26 AM
JFlo
Lead Lap

This guy could have been sponsered by caulk and duck tape.
LOL ... What a great line!!!

Sorry about the problems. Live and learn.
Old 04-19-04, 11:41 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: Re: I almost bought this car

Originally posted by trbolex
Thats funny that you almost bought this car. I dont blame you for not buying it. The guy conned me. He told me the only thing wrong was a messed up painted steering wheel and an armrest in the interior and the exterior he told me that there was a key scratch. He totally hosed me on the car. I live 1300 miles from him and had the car shipped to me. He blatenly lied and told me the car was running fine which is an outright lie. It has a horrible miss in it. The cluster isn't working and he decided to take out the bulbs and the harnesses for the headlights, the interior is trashed and the painted side skirts and bumpers looked like a 5 dollar paint job, no working stereo or antenna, messed up passenger side door I can go on and on. "Professionally Done" my ***. This guy could have been sponsered by caulk and duck tape. I have all interior panels out of it and trying to source out a salvaged SC to replace them I will fix them and fix the car. I am too much of a trusting person and this guy took way advantage of me. He sent me old pictures of the car which looked really good in the pics.

He got what he wanted and I got a car that needs a lot of work and time......Its just my luck. /VENT

Katie
It happens Katie, I learned the hard way never to buy a car at night or sight-unseen. But...you've come to the right place, the car looks like it's in great shape otherwise and through this community you can achieve the look and performance you're looking for without having to spend a small fortune (unless you want to). We're all here to help so make good use of the "search" function and keep us posted as to your progress.
Old 04-19-04, 11:45 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Angry

OUCH.

I'm really sorry to hear this. When I saw the car I noticed everything you mentioned and there was more issues. I inspected that car top to bottom and found so many things I wasn't meaning to deal with.

I was hoping he had fixed some of them by the time the car got to you. =(

The guy over the phone assured me that the car needed nothing, etc, etc. BS. When I got there, he starting pointing out all the lil problems that were obvious because I was there and could call him on them. The more hidden issues he didn't explain until I brought them up.

The car has no headlight harnesses because he had HID's in there and he hacked the harness to install them. He took them out to cash in on those. Basically the car is one giant rig and needs a lot of work. I mean anything can be fixed so it's not the end of the world. But liars a liars and that's just effin wrong, ya know?

My test drive with the car was a classic candid camera episode. The battery was dead. The car left us stranded. We had to walk back to his house and pirate the battery out of his Avalon (the one in the pic). He slammed it in there, took me for the "performance" test drive which included some burnouts, drifting, and me staining the passenger seat. At a light we hear a whining sound, and after we get to his house, the Avalon battery had slid over into the idler pulley and it was slowly eating away at the case. Disaster seconds away as the pulley ate further and further into the case. I showed him and just stepped away (across the street LOL) and he shut the car off.

Just one example of the horror that went down that Sunday.

Katie I know it's late now to say this, but for anyone else, listen up:

When looking at an SC that's far away that you cannot see personally, ask HERE ON CL. Some members here are looking for SC's for themselves and might have seen the car in question already.

It would have saved Katie a major headache. Luckily for her she's stripping the car down and starting over so it's not that big a deal. A minor bright side even tho he's a damn liar.

When the owner and I were discussing money, he lowered the price to 7k because I noted all the work the car needed. I told him it needed new harnesses all over, new cluster, new seats, new interior panels, body kit redone, the damn BILLET GRILLE REMOVED which will probably require a new front bumper, a repaint, etc, etc... I easily listed several thousands in repairs and he said with his hookups he could fix the car "good enough" for a couple hundred bucks. According to him I was being too picky.

At that point I walked away.

Katie, good luck with the car. We're here and we'll help with whatever you need. Just ask. We are also all eager to see the TT in there. So don't be shy and post any questions you have.
Old 04-19-04, 01:18 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Wow that really sucks Kate. Hopefully the savings you gain from taking advantage of knowledge and hook-ups on CL will equalize the financial burden you face now. And in the end, when you get your turbo coupe immaculate and running like a dream, it'll be that much more satisfying for you to know you saved a hack-job SC and turned it into a magazine car .
Old 04-19-04, 04:40 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks clean, how much did the conversion run you??
Old 04-19-04, 08:46 PM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Originally posted by got_trd
looks clean, how much did the conversion run you??
In her first post she mentioned that she bought it that way.
Old 04-20-04, 02:38 PM
trbolex
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by CleanSC
In her first post she mentioned that she bought it that way.
Yup . Thanks guys for the nice comments. Ill keep you posted when I have more progress with the car. My estimated date for the car to be complete with whole new interior and the Supra conversion is May. Ill take lots of pictures

Katie

Quick Reply: Hey Guys (new member with SC)