SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Where did you mount your Valentine 1?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-04, 08:25 PM
pimp42
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where did you mount your Valentine 1?

Where'd you mount your Valentine 1? I'm getting tired of having mine attached to the passenger visor. Anyone have any interesting mounting tips?

Thanks.

m
Old 04-18-04, 09:23 PM
Millatyme
Lead Lap

am i the only one who has no clue what in the hell your talin about or does the lack of responses speak in that favor????
Old 04-18-04, 09:24 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

your the only one.

Most people mount them in the base of the front windshield or directly under the rear view mirror.
Old 04-18-04, 09:25 PM
the hustler07
Lead Lap

Default in favor

Actually, he's talking about a very popular radar detector. There are previous posts on this topic, you can do a search.
Old 04-18-04, 09:30 PM
Millatyme
Lead Lap

awsome.... you learn something new every day!!! haha... thanx for enlightening me
Old 04-18-04, 09:42 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to mount mine here...
Attached Thumbnails Where did you mount your Valentine 1?-apr29-01.jpg  
Old 04-18-04, 09:44 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Now it goes here....
Attached Thumbnails Where did you mount your Valentine 1?-untitled-3.jpg  
Old 04-18-04, 10:15 PM
wmulli
Lead Lap

Mine is tucked up ABOVE the mirror, on the driver's side. It's tight, but it fits and it's all but invisible from the outside. I have the remote display mounted in the dash, between the speedo and the tach. I'll try to get pictures if I can remember till tomorrow. LOL!
Old 04-19-04, 01:14 AM
pimp42
Driver School Candidate

wmulli -

Does it get full line of sight? I'm about to send mine in to get a well-needed upgrade, it's obviously gonna get thinner, but I'm just shocked yours mounts above the mirror. That'd be the perfect spot for it. Is it mounted to the roof? How's it bolted up?

I'm a little leary about sticking it in the middle of the windshield. Seems a little too out in the open...

m
Old 04-19-04, 06:09 AM
wmulli
Lead Lap

Originally posted by pimp42
wmulli -
I'm sorry, I was posting from memory, but I was remembering the passport in my other car! The Valentine doesn't fit above the mirror , but it is tucked up against the roof, and it's far enough forward that my visor still works.

Does it get full line of sight?
It seems to, the laser cruise control in the new cars are always setting it off from behind me , and I have no doubt it's getting the best visibility up front.

I'm about to send mine in to get a well-needed upgrade, it's obviously gonna get thinner, but I'm just shocked yours mounts above the mirror. That'd be the perfect spot for it. Is it mounted to the roof? How's it bolted up?
Just the standard suction cups...

I'm a little leary about sticking it in the middle of the windshield. Seems a little too out in the open...
Me too! Plus I don't like cars behind me seeing it , if you know what I mean

m
Here's a pic
Attached Thumbnails Where did you mount your Valentine 1?-valentine1_mount.jpg  
Old 04-19-04, 06:10 AM
wmulli
Lead Lap

And the remote...
Attached Thumbnails Where did you mount your Valentine 1?-valentine1_remote.jpg  
Old 04-19-04, 08:57 AM
pimp42
Driver School Candidate

Have you seen the upgraded Valentine? It's alot thinner. I'm going to get mine updated (one of these days) and am hoping that if I remove the center sun visor, maybe I'm going to get lucky. A friend of mine made a 3rd brake light out of his. I'm thinkin' about that too. I'd like to have my passenger sun visor back, and would love to get away from those suction cups...

m
Old 04-19-04, 12:59 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Too high or too low does effect the range. So does angle. I'd imagine the tint visor on the windshield would effect the range somewhat also. I'm not concerned about having the V1 in the middle of the windshield because it is tucked right below the rear-view mirror so it doesn't look like an out-of-place eyesore. Besides that, they are legal in CA so there's no worry about other people/cops spotting it, unless you're worried about aesthetics, in which case I'm not ashamed to sport a $400 top-of-the-line radar detector...
Old 04-19-04, 01:22 PM
pimp42
Driver School Candidate

Currently, mine's hanging from the passenger's sun visor. That's worked fine for years, but I figured if someone found a way to mount it above the rearview mirror, I'd definitely be up for that.

>unless you're worried about aesthetics, in which case I'm not ashamed to sport a $400 top-of-the-line radar detector...

Not ashamed either - just don't really want to advertise it. I'm in Cal too, so there's no worries about the law. I always figured that if I do get pulled over - it's gonna happen one of these days - there's no way I'm gettin' a warning if the cop sees that thing, ya know?

m
Old 04-19-04, 02:01 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by pimp42
I always figured that if I do get pulled over - it's gonna happen one of these days - there's no way I'm gettin' a warning if the cop sees that thing, ya know?

m
Oh contrare! I've had the V1 in plain view for two years and in the last year, I've been pulled over 8 times (including about an hour ago), and 7 of the times I was let off with a warning (4 of the times with expired/no proof of insurance). I'm also pretty sure than at least 5 of those times I was under the influence of something or another. Well the one time I did get a ticket was just about an hour ago for doing 46 in a 35 zone with no seat belt and making a lane change without a signal. Even though it was a motorcycle cop, I was able to talk it down to a no seatbelt infraction, but I'm still upset I broke my verbal/written warning streak . Point is, the V1 has had no effect on my ticket fighting abilities. It's all about tact, not what's beeping on your windshield . Just ask Lex Luthor, the undisputed king of ticket evasion!

Quick Reply: Where did you mount your Valentine 1?