Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

99% sure the the outside case will fit!
Old 04-27-04, 03:37 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: EMV unit

Originally posted by mikeloc24
I'm no electrician so let me state that first...now, in reading over this thread and knowing what I know about us wanting a JDM-looking screen in our cars I think the real part we should be examining is the outer frame of the tv and the buttons, the screen is irrelevant as it would most likely need replacing anyway. So if the outer bracket will fit our center console's then is it possible to knock out that old Jap screen and install a new screen with a whole new wiring diagram? I mean all we reallly want or need is the housing, the screen is an old piece of junk 99% of the time anyway...the housing is the important part as that's what gives it the JDM look...
thats right but remember,the screen is touch sensitive and operates the climate control...
Old 04-28-04, 12:25 AM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

found this thread in the archives... https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...&highlight=emv
Old 04-28-04, 01:12 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: EMV unit

Originally posted by nextlevelcoupe
thats right but remember,the screen is touch sensitive and operates the climate control...
Right, but in most cases the screen is on it's death bed so you may as well replace it anyway and give it a new wiring diagram. It's much too complicated and expensive to try to make it work here in the US as it was designed to work overseas. It'd be simpler to rewire the unit so the buttons correspond to what you'd want and replace the screen with a newer one, touch screen if you like, but again, that will add to the level of difficulty in getting it to work properly. The main attraction with this unit is the housing, so that's the part you start with, getting a screen to fit and look right will be another dilemna, then finally hiring someone to do the wiring and install. I wouldn't tackle this project as it would be simpler and cheaper to just buy an aftermarket flip out monitor. This just seems to be more trouble than it's worth, we are talking about a 12 year old tv here for goodness sake...
Old 04-28-04, 01:14 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

honestly i hate that flip out stuff, it looks like it does not belong in the car.
Old 04-28-04, 01:59 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by aliga
honestly i hate that flip out stuff, it looks like it does not belong in the car.
I know what you mean, I don't particularly like it either, something about monitors in the headrests just look so much cleaner, too bad that concept can't really be applied to the front of the cabin without some sort of custom housing installed. I'd just say to hell with the touch screen aspect, buy the part for the housing, rewire the buttons so the climate controls work, and install a new monitor in the housing window. I wouldnt even begin to try to get it to work as it was intended to, that path would just eventually lead to the destruction of the piece because of frustration.
Old 05-15-04, 07:57 PM
Taka
Lexus Test Driver

hey, sorry took long to reply. Do you have any links for the picture of this addon lips? I'm not sure which one but I can ask around with the picture.

Originally posted by aliga
Taka, since your in Japan, where can we purchase some of the addon lips that are out there for the scs?

Do you have a location, etc where one should look.

Thanks.