SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My feeling are hurt (scratches on my car)

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-04, 11:04 PM
HotBoy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry My feeling are hurt

Well I just finished last week with the 3 coats of wax on the SC. Many of you guys saw my painted emblems a few weeks ago. First let me say I have som edodgy friends and allthough tempted did not let them jack me a set of good lookin emblems from another SC, mostly for respect for the cars and the thought of how I'd feel if someone did it to me. So this morning I go to put something in the trunk and BAM 2 huge scratches where someone had obviously in a hurry tried to pry off my "L" the emblem is scraped to hell and now I got 2 big screwdriver scratches on the back of my newly waxed car
Old 05-30-04, 11:30 PM
Suprast4R
Pole Position

thats what happens when you drive a Lexus. only thing you can do is try to prevent it from happening again (i have no idea where to begin)
Old 05-30-04, 11:38 PM
HotBoy
Lead Lap

yeah I know what you mean man, it's hard to have something nice thesedays. What sucks is that I live in a pretty high class place and they are renovating right now and lots of people are having this crap happen to them and everyone seems to think it is the people doing the work. Parking and watching tomorrow but whatever happens doesn't remove the big scratches from the rear of the SC
Old 05-30-04, 11:50 PM
TopSCecreT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

damn, that sucks, people these days can't appreciate nice cars, they always gotta hate and do something stupid......like my front bumper, i don't kno if someone just hit me with their car or jammed a shopping cart at it.....
Old 05-31-04, 12:28 AM
HotBoy
Lead Lap

sorry to hear about your front bumper. I was on my balcony a few weeks ago admiring a GS that was parked outside ( and also looking at the SC ) when a car parkin in front of it where there was not enough room because of a fire zone decided to keep backing up until he hit the GS and then left the car parked there !!! I took his plate # ( it was a terrible looking old nissan with Mexico plates ) he left before the GS so I kept my eye out and when the guy in the GS went to leave I called out to him and gave him the plate # and my phone #. He had a nice little bump, his plate was bent bad and he had primer gray rubbed all over his front, but he was relieved I helped him out, I felt bad for him.
Old 06-01-04, 08:00 AM
98LexusSc3
Rookie

****ty if that happened to me i would just shave all the emblems. than it won't happen in the future
Old 06-01-04, 08:11 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah, people's hurriedness, or lack of respect for other peole's property sucks .

I park far away from other cars every chance I can, and walk the long distance to my destination. I still get door-dinged CRAP!!

I like always being positive, but I sure would like to see people respect other people's cars.

Altstadt
Old 06-01-04, 08:29 AM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by altstadt

I park far away from other cars every chance I can, and walk the long distance to my destination. I still get door-dinged CRAP!!

Altstadt
I hear you, I try to do the same. It seems the more you try to park away from other cars the more people go out of their way and park next to you. Even if there are closer spots.
Old 06-01-04, 09:31 AM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default On a side note...

Thanks to the moderator for changing this thread's title- your efforts are appreciated!
Old 06-01-04, 10:44 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default soon as I come back...

Soon as I come back from my little vacation I read about something like this. Man that sucks, these knuckleheads just won't stop. Well, here's what you can do:

1. Buy an "Autosharp" pen and fill in the scratches. Then rewax and buff that area.

2. Get another "L" or whevever emblem they stole and reattach it to your car using epoxy resin or some other industrial strength glue

Parking and watching your car won't really do much good as the thief most likely won't touch your car so soon after the initial theft attempt. But if it makes you feel better go ahead. I once slept in the backseat of my car under a blanket because I wanted to catch someone screwing around. I had my "wig-splitter" ready and everything

Perry, do you ever work?!! ha ha ha

Last edited by mikeloc24; 06-01-04 at 10:47 AM.
Old 06-01-04, 11:05 AM
HotBoy
Lead Lap

yeah bad thing is that I used epoxy resin which I guess is why they didn't get the emblem off and just scratched the trunk and the emblem in trying. Probably going to try and convince the wife to let me take all emblems off but even I love that one big L back there.
Old 06-01-04, 03:28 PM
RacingLexusBoi
Rookie

Sorry to hear about the misfortune. Hate it when that happens. Same things happened to me once. Makes me wonder that i would be better with shaved emblems. I had all my emblems repainted gold due to the fading and a few days later somebody tried to pry it out but couldnt and of course it left marks. It also seems that he/she rather than leave due to the failed attempt, ripped 2 of my wheel caps with the emblems instead.