SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Need help on body kit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-04, 06:41 PM
sumtingwon
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions

So far, thanx to all of u guys for the much helped input. I still have questions for the upgrades on my sc300.

Does reprogramming your ECU really help increase some serious hp? I heard the stage III ECU chip is about close to $500 (that if you have upgraded your exhaust and intake) and its suppose to give an extra 30-35 ponies. Is this true?

Also, if i clean out the catalytic converter (take out the mesh inside of it) would this increase air flow? I heard some guy saying that this will not help. Cause there is no pressure thus the car actually loses power? Other guys say that this is an alternative to buying a new greddy exhaust system.

What takes place when u push that button for power/normal on our sc3/4? When the power is on, i can see an enormous rev/power.

And lastly, i dont know why but i have stupidly manage to buy this resistor that is suppose to increase some hp too. Here is the description on how to install it.....Give me some feed back to see if this is a hoax.

Looks to me this is just a resistor.

Performance Upgrade Modification Instructions

These instructions are generic to most vehicles, You may have to do some searching to find your IAT (Intake Air Temperature) sending unit is located. It is usually located in the Air Intake Tube (where the air flows into your engine) or it may be located in the intake manifold, or right around your throttle body. It should be a connector /plug with two small wires going to it, and a clip on the side of the plug.

BEFORE PROCEEDING BE SURE TO DISCONNECT YOUR BATTERY! THIS IS A MUST!!

1. Locate IAT Sensor plug
2. If it has more then 2 wires, thats not it
3. Unplug IAT sensor by lifting up the tab on the side of the plug and pulling the plug off.
4. Take one Mod supplied and gently bend into a U shape (should already of been done)
5. Put the two wire ends of the MOD into the two open holes located on the IAT plug. (The end
with the wires) One wire into each hole. Gently push it all the way down, but dont force it. Some people
snip the ends of the wire in the MOD a little shorter if it sticks up more then you like
6. Leave plug disconnected, and cover MOD and plug with electrical tape to protect it from the elements. Secure the loose plug with the MOD so it doesnt flop around or get into the fan.
7. Reconnect Battery

I have seen people mention the use of Premium Fuel but it is not Required
Use this at your own risk, I cannot be held responsible for anything you do with this kit, this has been tested and will 100% NOT harm your vehicle or the vehicles computer.

Your "check engine" light may come on, but shouldnt with this new version. If it does double check to make sure the MOD is securely fit.

Thanx,
md
Old 06-04-04, 06:47 PM
MrJohnTan
Lexus Champion

Default Re: What kit is this

Originally posted by sumtingwon
What kit is this?
JIC

As for your above post, do a search. you should place that question under the engine section, you will get more responses there.

Last edited by MrJohnTan; 06-04-04 at 06:53 PM.
Old 06-04-04, 06:56 PM
sumtingwon
Rookie

Thanx!!!!
Old 06-04-04, 08:57 PM
Thomas C
Lead Lap

Default Re: What kit is this

Originally posted by sumtingwon
What kit is this?
That is actually One Hot SC400's car. As he mentioned before, he has the JIC kit. I don't suggest that you get a VIS or V-speed body kit because I've read some horror stories on extremely poor fitment that will just cost you more money in the long run.
Old 07-28-08, 01:38 PM
raceonusa
Former Vendor

Smile Type-196 front bumper

We now have 1 of these in-stock, it's also on our clearance sale list.

Old 07-28-08, 03:36 PM
MrJohnTan
Lexus Champion

Good job on bumping a 4 year old unrelated thread
Old 07-28-08, 04:15 PM
TLDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MrJohnTan
Good job on bumping a 4 year old unrelated thread
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-28-08, 04:29 PM
raceonusa
Former Vendor

Thanks for the extra bumps!