SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

How to hunt deer out of season, make sure you have a license

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-04, 10:07 AM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to hunt deer out of season, make sure you have a license

This happened Saturday at dusk. I was in some backwater hick town called Charlotte in a 3 car caravan. I was the last car and we were caravanning it out of there because only one driver knew the way home. We were doing around 50 MPH on a 2 lane road with safe spacing between the cars (about 2-3 car lengths). The first 2 cars didn't even see the deer, and neither did I until it committed suicide on my car, but they did hear it!
Attached Thumbnails How to hunt deer out of season, make sure you have a license-img_1694_640x480.jpg  
Old 06-08-04, 10:13 AM
southernsc
Lexus Champion

poor deer.. poor car..

Last edited by southernsc; 06-08-04 at 10:14 AM.
Old 06-08-04, 10:15 AM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Looks like I'll need a new hood, front bumper, left head light, wheel well liner, and my 4th front left fender.
Attached Thumbnails How to hunt deer out of season, make sure you have a license-img_1695_small.jpg  
Old 06-08-04, 10:16 AM
Camshaft
Lead Lap

Ouch man. Insurance should cover that without anything. It is considered a "natural occurance" and should be covered. Same thing if a tree branch falls on your car or something like that.

BTW, careful, those backwater towns are where some of us are from.
Old 06-08-04, 10:21 AM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Damn deer, and I don't even eat red meat!
Attached Thumbnails How to hunt deer out of season, make sure you have a license-img_1697_small.jpg  
Old 06-08-04, 10:22 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

yeah man stay away from up north during the summers expecially at night time...those deer are attracted to cars...Let me know if you need some stuff.

CEO
Old 06-08-04, 10:27 AM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

This is the last thing the deer saw. You can see he just caught the edge of the hood and the fender.
Attached Thumbnails How to hunt deer out of season, make sure you have a license-img_1698_640x480.jpg  
Old 06-08-04, 10:35 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Default sorry to hear about that...

Man, that must have made a horriffic sound! Sorry to hear about all these SC's getting damaged. And sorry the deer had to die like that
Old 06-08-04, 10:36 AM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

that woulda scared the living crap out of me! i hope the reconstructive surgery goes well.
Old 06-08-04, 10:36 AM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Originally posted by southernsc
poor deer.. poor car..
If the impact hadn't killed the deer, I would have. But this car is built like a tank, it's so dang tough. The cop said I was lucky, sometimes they make you spin. I never lost control of the car, in fact I hardly noticed it other than the thud and the flying deer.

Originally posted by Camshaft
Ouch man. Insurance should cover that without anything. It is considered a "natural occurance" and should be covered. Same thing if a tree branch falls on your car or something like that.

BTW, careful, those backwater towns are where some of us are from.
I'm glad to hear about the insurance. BTW Camshaft, I was just trying to set the scene with some artistic license. No offence intended man, but be careful out there.

Originally posted by THE_CEO
yeah man stay away from up north during the summers expecially at night time...those deer are attracted to cars...Let me know if you need some stuff.

CEO
Thanks for the kind offer CEO. I'm going to my favorite body shop. It's a lot like Cheers, they all know me by first name.
Old 06-08-04, 10:42 AM
jrj102
Rookie

I'm going to my favorite body shop. It's a lot like Cheers, they all know me by first name.
You know, when your body shop knows you by first name it may be time to seriously re-evaluate your driving style.

Last edited by jrj102; 06-08-04 at 02:25 PM.
Old 06-08-04, 02:04 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Originally posted by mikeloc24
Man, that must have made a horriffic sound! Sorry to hear about all these SC's getting damaged. And sorry the deer had to die like that
Actually the sound wasn’t that bad from inside the cabin. It sounded like when a boat, after riding the wake of another boat, and the front of boat comes back down into the water. I knew what had happened, but it wasn’t a loud thud in the car.

Originally posted by adidas1532
that woulda scared the living crap out of me! i hope the reconstructive surgery goes well.
I didn’t have to look at the dead/dying animal so it made it easier. And don’t worry about the surgery, my hospital is very good. I’m even thinking about doing it right this time and getting xpel.

CEO, do you get the hookup on that?
Old 06-08-04, 03:17 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: How to hunt deer out of season, make sure you have a license

Join the club . I hit mine at about 35mph in a windy canyon...he was still alive but barely. He probably flew 30 feet in the air when I hit him. I felt bad for the poor dumb thing...

I hear ya on the Xpel too. You never know when it comes in handy. Last week some drunk *** Cuban and his four friends tried to fight me at a Chevron and left a bunch of scratches on my front bumper from kicking it. If I had Xpel, I could have came out of that without a scratch . Hell I could have run that bish over if I wanted to...
Old 06-08-04, 03:20 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 349 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally posted by Overclocker
Damn deer, and I don't even eat red meat!
you do now foor for a month!

That sucks man. you were THIS close to missing him on the swerve, good reason to buy strut braces and upgraded sways
Old 06-08-04, 03:53 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: Re: How to hunt deer out of season, make sure you have a license

Originally posted by lex400sc
Join the club . I hit mine at about 35mph in a windy canyon...he was still alive but barely. He probably flew 30 feet in the air when I hit him. I felt bad for the poor dumb thing...

I hear ya on the Xpel too. You never know when it comes in handy. Last week some drunk *** Cuban and his four friends tried to fight me at a Chevron and left a bunch of scratches on my front bumper from kicking it. If I had Xpel, I could have came out of that without a scratch . Hell I could have run that bish over if I wanted to...
Rich, please elaborate. I do enjoy a good brawl...or story about a brawl...drunks are usually easy to KO But 5 of them?...time to break out the pepper spray and the extendable baton from the trunk...that ALWAYS evens the odds...

Last edited by mikeloc24; 06-08-04 at 03:55 PM.

Quick Reply: How to hunt deer out of season, make sure you have a license