SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Vertex Body Kit Question?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-04 | 12:53 AM
djsoarer
Pole Position

Originally posted by Deesc4
the imitation vis kit look a lot nicer than the jic and vertex kits. Why do you guys spent thousands of dollar for higher quality kits that probably last about a year or two. All kits crack the same way if you went over a bump. Oh, by the way, it is the same for rims. I bet 90% of you guys in here have imitation rims too. I know this because i watch "pimp my ride". I am new in here, don't hate me( just my opinion).
sorry but i had to copy mrjohntan because this guy just really needed it
Attached Images  
Old 06-16-04 | 01:13 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

the imitation vis kit look a lot nicer than the jic and vertex kits. Why do you guys spent thousands of dollar for higher quality kits that probably last about a year or two. All kits crack the same way if you went over a bump. Oh, by the way, it is the same for rims. I bet 90% of you guys in here have imitation rims too. I know this because i watch "pimp my ride". I am new in here, don't hate me( just my opinion).

He did not just say the words vis, a lot nicer, imitation rims and "pimp my ride" all in the same paragraph.....someone needs some serious schooling.....

Old 06-16-04 | 06:08 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

LOL. i guess you haven't seen any of the so cal SC guys on this forum on the streets eh?
Old 06-16-04 | 06:19 PM
bmsport
Lead Lap

Although i agree that all kits get ruined sooner or later depending on your driving style/quantity, i do not agree that a $400 kit is as nice as a $3000 kit, i mean, how is that possible.
Old 06-16-04 | 07:52 PM
drnkcarlos
Driver

Yeah I can see where most of you come from on the whole real vs. imitation thing. But cost being the biggest factor... the imitations do look rather tempting. The ones available over here (the imitations) the fitting is pretty good. If I was made of money maybe I'd buy real Vertex kit and race and break it and replace it or fix, but that just a dream at this point. My Soarer is a drift car. I race my soarer at the track and take part in drift competitions. With the cost of a real Vertex kit or any other real kit for that matter, when the chance to smash up a $2000 aero kit is there, the $500 imitation kit starts looking real friendly when you know that next month you may be buying new aero again. But I think the appiciation of the car is the most important thing. I wouldn't want imitation aero if I just wanted a nice looking car or drove the car around for shows or what not... But if your involved in sports where your aero risks being broken when you drive/race then maybe the imitations stuff isn't so bad. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by drnkcarlos; 06-16-04 at 07:54 PM.
Old 06-16-04 | 10:32 PM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

Since I saw LEXBOGGY have alot of problem with the fake kit. I'll go for the real thing. It cost alot more but atleast I can say its the "IT THE REAL ONE DAMNED!" . BTW anyone here have the Target Kit made by PHENIX on their car? I know a place the sell it around 2000 not ship. It around the price range of the REAL vertex kit. So i decided to try it. Only with one concern if it fit good or not. But I think it should FIT good right? since this is real JMD Product right?