SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

left turn signal started to blink rapidly?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-04 | 03:13 PM
mrshabo
Lexus Test Driver

Default left turn signal started to blink rapidly?

my left turn signal blinks a lot faster than my right signal. all the bulbs work fine... anyone know what's the deal?
Old 07-15-04 | 03:36 PM
sweetsc400
Lead Lap

See if

this helps.
Old 07-15-04 | 03:41 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

im so sorry man, you've contracted the disease SRS (Stupid Ricer Syndrome)

get well soon
Old 07-15-04 | 06:25 PM
drnkcarlos
Driver

check to make sure your left corner light in your bumper isn't burnt out or hasn't fallen out. If you say your lights work then most likely it would have to do with your bumper mounted corner light/blinker.
Old 07-15-04 | 07:27 PM
jaysmooth
Driver School Candidate

i think calvin needs to read the post if your going to help and not waste time.https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=35134
Old 07-15-04 | 11:48 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Calvin L
im so sorry man, you've contracted the disease SRS (Stupid Ricer Syndrome)

get well soon

Calvin, it was midly funny... kinda like a bad joke that's so bad, it's funny It made me smile. We've all seen those uber cool APC tails that have developed a nervous twitch instead of a blink.

Originally posted by jaysmooth
i think calvin needs to read the post if your going to help and not waste time.https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=35134
Jay, we try to be friendly and cordial here, and until you've been around for a while and see how other members treat eachother (which just so happens to be with courtesy) I suggest you don't say stuff just to boost your post count and look good. We don't try to make ourselves look better at another person's expense -- that's what 7th grade was for.

Before you go and say I'm not treating you with courtesy, my tone is a reflection of yours.

Calvin didn't waste my time, he actually made a boring post on quickly flashing bulbs kinda comical.

Lex Luthor's post was about people giving truly stupid advice on subject they are clueless about... like try fixing your tranny by reving it up to redline in nutral, then at 6,000 RPMs put it into drive

Maybe you're the one that needs to read it again.

Jay, you wasted my time far more than Calvin did.

Alright, I'm done throwing pearls.

Last edited by SupraCoup3; 07-15-04 at 11:50 PM.
Old 07-15-04 | 11:51 PM
mrshabo
Lexus Test Driver

i didn't get any apc bulbs... they are stock bulbs. i'm a ricer for having stock bulbs
Old 07-15-04 | 11:52 PM
joshthorsc
Lexus Champion

It might be a faulty bulb, or a bulb going out. My sc once had the same problem. Sometimes it'll blink really fast, but all the bulb seemed to work fine. I switched the bulb anyways and problem solved. Just change the bulb and see if the problem comes back.
Old 07-15-04 | 11:56 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by mrshabo
i didn't get any apc bulbs... they are stock bulbs. i'm a ricer for having stock bulbs
APC tails can do it to you, or simply having a single OEM bulb out. I was talking about the altezza tails for civics and whatnot, not just the bulbs.
Old 07-16-04 | 12:54 AM
Kushal1
Driver School Candidate

i had the same problem a few months ago,
turned out moisture got into the taillight and rusted the bulb sockets, clean them out and check if there are any cracks in the tailight that might let moisture in if this is a problem, otherwise take the taillight off and see which bulb isnt working by turning on all the tail lights signals,etc.
Old 07-16-04 | 07:27 AM
0l33l
Lexus Test Driver

If I remember correctly the early SCX00s had 3 bulbs for one purpose. When people wanted t oswitch to the 95 or 97 style lights they had the hyperblinker because the computer was missing something like 54w.

CleanSC explains everything about that problem here
Old 07-16-04 | 11:24 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Thumbs up 0l33l

Shabo:

Sounds like a loose filament on one of your turn signal bulbs. You have one up front, and three out back.

Check them out.

The bulb will visually look okay, but the filamet may be partially disconnected and making a slight contact. It's enough to light the bub, but not enough to keep the flasher happy. Change them out one at a time until it stops.

Good luck.
Old 07-16-04 | 11:49 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by SupraCoup3
Calvin, it was midly funny... kinda like a bad joke that's so bad, it's funny It made me smile. We've all seen those uber cool APC tails that have developed a nervous twitch instead of a blink.

Jay, we try to be friendly and cordial here, and until you've been around for a while and see how other members treat eachother (which just so happens to be with courtesy) I suggest you don't say stuff just to boost your post count and look good. We don't try to make ourselves look better at another person's expense -- that's what 7th grade was for.

Before you go and say I'm not treating you with courtesy, my tone is a reflection of yours.

Calvin didn't waste my time, he actually made a boring post on quickly flashing bulbs kinda comical.

Lex Luthor's post was about people giving truly stupid advice on subject they are clueless about... like try fixing your tranny by reving it up to redline in nutral, then at 6,000 RPMs put it into drive

Maybe you're the one that needs to read it again.

Jay, you wasted my time far more than Calvin did.

Alright, I'm done throwing pearls.
hey, didnt really think it was neccessary for you to go through all that as i predicted someone was going to bring that thread up. its cool of you though, thanks alot.

jay, dont know whats wrong with you, but man...lighten up!