SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Getting bored of my SC. What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-04, 01:10 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cough....cough....20" iForged....cough....cough.

As we discussed on Sunday man, I think you car would look so awesom with a nice fat rear lip. The silver of your current wheels is a perfect compliment, maybe just add a little aggression. Also, mod your fenderwells and lower the front some more.

Perhaps some interior upholstery upgrades are in order?
Old 08-03-04, 02:00 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by D2-AUTOSPORT

As we discussed on Sunday man, I think you car would look so awesom with a nice fat rear lip. The silver of your current wheels is a perfect compliment, maybe just add a little aggression. Also, mod your fenderwells and lower the front some more.

Perhaps some interior upholstery upgrades are in order?
yeah, what he said !!
Old 08-03-04, 02:27 PM
0l33l
Lexus Test Driver

Maybe a convertable/hardtop conversion?
Old 08-03-04, 05:53 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default bored?

With a beautiful platinumsc....bored? Say it ain't so!
At lunch today an old guy offered me 17 grand for my car. I thought about it for a minute. That would be a great down payment on a G35. I told the guy how much the kit, wheels, new seats, new headlights, stereo, tires cost. Then counter offered $20,000. Also told him I had only 50,000 miles and all maintenance has been done. Then I said I need more than 20k to compensate me. I had him until another guy listening said you can't get that much for a 95. I argued that I could. I said I keep the wheels and tires, sell for $17. Before he answered I said never mind. All that talking gave me the chance to really consider the prospect. THERE IS NO CAR I LIKE BETTER THAN THIS ONE!
Old 08-03-04, 06:07 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

ill keep my car forever....and i will add several others to the collection!

CEO
Old 08-03-04, 06:25 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: bored?

Originally posted by reggiek
With a beautiful platinumsc....bored? Say it ain't so!
At lunch today an old guy offered me 17 grand for my car. I thought about it for a minute. That would be a great down payment on a G35. I told the guy how much the kit, wheels, new seats, new headlights, stereo, tires cost. Then counter offered $20,000. Also told him I had only 50,000 miles and all maintenance has been done. Then I said I need more than 20k to compensate me. I had him until another guy listening said you can't get that much for a 95. I argued that I could. I said I keep the wheels and tires, sell for $17. Before he answered I said never mind. All that talking gave me the chance to really consider the prospect. THERE IS NO CAR I LIKE BETTER THAN THIS ONE!
i couldn't think of any other car i would rather own right now, with the exception of the 2003/4 mercedes cl55 and i still would not want to get rid of my sc.... i KNOW i would miss it!.. i've had this car for almost 6 years and it's been consistently good to me in every way... the drivetrain is still the same, the ride(even with the suspension mods), engine harmonics (with minimal maintenance) ...what more can i say?

Last edited by nextlevelcoupe; 08-03-04 at 06:28 PM.
Old 08-03-04, 06:30 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
i've had that same cold

Last edited by nextlevelcoupe; 08-03-04 at 06:30 PM.
Old 08-03-04, 06:39 PM
legendary
Racer

Your car is beautiful man. I know how you feel....you feel like you have done it all....then what. you say.

I say, go for the FI. Buy a Civic or POS beater for daily driving, and make the SC the Supra Coupe...only better (v8 with boost)

There are plenty of great Supras...but there are only a handful of SC's that are modded all the way....and the majority of those are SC300s.....break the border man...

And THAT will give you a reason to put some thick 275/30 or 285/30s .....if you don't already have that much rubber on now (go wider )
Old 08-03-04, 08:29 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Man,

I am in the same boat as you are, except my car isn't done - I am just sick of dealing with it!! When the financial situation allows, I will also be getting a Supra. That may be many moons away though!!!

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Peace,

Jonny
Old 08-03-04, 08:56 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by mteele
Well, if you had room for another car, I'd say keep the SC400 as your daily driver and get something else as a new project car (240SX maybe, or if you have deep pockets, an RX-7).
Originally posted by reggiek
THERE IS NO CAR I LIKE BETTER THAN THIS ONE!
Originally posted by THE_CEO

CEO

Line them up in your driveway.
Old 08-03-04, 09:32 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by THE_CEO

CEO
I second that....my SC4 has close to 280K miles.....and no other car has gave me the sheer enjoyment of driving period.

I will keep this car forever and pass it on to my kid.....a true classic in the making.....

I also have thought to myself - "what would I do with my money if I stop modding my SC????" I'd be a total loser....LoL
Old 08-03-04, 09:52 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

done wit your project sc? no way? thot about building up the drivetrain? swap out the rear end for a supra tt with lsd, lighter driveshaft, performance build tranny, tc, and you haven't even messed with the engine reallie yet..... as posted before.... http://www.lexmotorsport.com you can try that.... should would be nice. to me, the project will never be done, there's always so much more you can do even in terms of performance.
Old 08-04-04, 07:27 AM
Onelove
Lead Lap

Get the Supra

I loved my SC and it was nice, but as time went on it started to seem dated to me with the condition of the car, the speed, and everything that was coming out around it.

The Supra seems to be getting the opposite attention. They are still pretty rare to see (although being 3-5 blocks from Titan and Autotuner can definately change that). But it seems like the SC's are being bough more by high school kids and dressing them up like pimp rides, whereas the Supras don't seem to bottom out. It's still very tough to find a Supra in any condition for less than 18k / 24k will buy you a decent one.

Currently I have a 95 TT being built by Titan, pretty much a full restoration, new paint job, completely new engine setup with a T78 and some big CCW's going on it. Needless to say it will be very difficult for me to ever look at my old SC (which my sister currently drives) the same way again.
Old 08-04-04, 09:56 AM
legendary
Racer

Default geography plays a role

thankfully, we don't have that problem here in Atlanta...

you see very few SC's here at all. If they are modded, they are done tastefully...and you know that they are probably online here or somewhere. I can appreciate what you are saying onelove...I hate to see a car go down by a group of kids or tasteless wonders. Your car was done pretty nicely (white with gunmetal rims right?)
Old 08-04-04, 10:20 AM
silkiechic
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

But it seems like the SC's are being bough more by high school kids and dressing them up like pimp rides,
really? I dunno, at least in my area I'm the only highschooler with an sc and the only disgraceful cars arround are the hondas and the modded daewoo.

But I do say, the supra is a fine car. Maybe you can keep your fine lexus at a relative/parent's home that has the extra space? I'd do that and get a new car too.

Quick Reply: Getting bored of my SC. What to do?