SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

words from T. Ueno

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-04, 05:45 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

yea, but i bet he just took it to a shop and they did everything for him, thats how all celebrities do it.

my friend who works with hks says celebrities and rich people come in all the time with hot *** imports.
Old 05-23-05, 11:50 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VSsc400
Takahiro Ueno, talking generally:

Three conditions for enjoying your Soarer.
1. A Soarer is after all a luxury vehicle. Be proud of it. It's always important to keep it looking lovely.
2. Buy the one that you want, that looks good to you. Don't throw money on it wastefully.
3. There's nothing uglier than a normal car. Lower the car and put on big wheels if you do nothing else.

Famous in the world of Drifters is T&E's Takahiro Ueno.... "It's too big, too heavy, won't turn, won't stop, and the weight balance is wrong. It looks ugly in its normal form, but with a little tuning and styling it can be made into something really special. That's why I drive a 30 Soarer. With its big body the driving is voluptuous and it gives you that feel of explosive speed. With a boost of 1.2 to 1.3 you can get 320ps and the engine will last for years. With an early model you can enjoy the process of increasing boost. With a later VVT-i engine I recommend slapping on an after turbo. Because the engine is the same as the Supra and Aristo there are many common parts. With the V8, it's not really designed for speed; it's for enjoying refinement and elegance...
With a Soarer you have to make a decision: do you go the whole hog and turn it into a racing machine, or do you leave some luxury in the drive? You can enjoy it longer if you preserve some of the luxury for driving around your local town. At the same time it is possible to set it up into something highly refined and far removed from normal in order to extract unbelievable power. So you need to have a clear vision of what you want.

"The Soarer carries a lot of luxury features so it's a heavy car, but the body has been built tough and resilient to deal with this. With double wishbone suspension, even the super low ride on my car is quite good. Admittedly it gets a bit rough, especially with 19" wheels, but even so it's still quiet and comfortable. (Translator's note; he's probably comparing with other tuned cars like the Silvia) Possibly because the Toyota engineers never envisioned that it would be driven so hard, the engine mountings tend to shear. Get for example, Kazama Auto's toughened engine mounts.
.... distance covered is not a problem... as long as you change the timing belt the engine is fine beyond 100,000kms. We change the cams and turbines here, but there's no real problem."
Super lightweight body as a weapon and you can go for the D1 Grand Prix!

"Normal Soarer weight distribution is about 7:3, but we have improved ours to 55:45." Ueno
The secret to this lies in what they've done round the front including losing about 27kg from the lightened bonnet and doors, and putting the battery behind the driver's seat. (more to come)

This alone makes a huge difference. They say it feels like a GT500 machine once you get the weight below 1300kg(2833lbs). Their car has been limited to 460ps in order to preserve a balance between speed and driveability. The suspension is Hypermax D'.
..." If the setting on a Soarer is wrong you can easily lose control of the car when you're drifting. You have to be very careful about this. We recommned the D' because we developed it here."
With this system you can get Tsukuba circuit down to one second; if you get the set-up precise, then you're looking at zero seconds, or even a sub one minute lap becomes possible. A fearful machine, the Soarer!

read this article and wanted to share, 7:3 F:R weight distribution is harsh and that's for the 1JZ equipped soarer.

does anyone have a full spec of the T.Ueno's soarer? (i.e. ride height etc etc)

His dampener settings are 18FR and 16RR on the HKS hypermax D
wheels are 18x10 all around with 255/3518F +24 and 265/35/18R +18
Supra 80 brakes (I think this means MKIV calipers)
Weight Distribution 55:45
Do-luck front and rear sway bars
Well if the the SC is so front heavy, would the Supra be front heavy also?
Old 05-23-05, 11:57 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by xknowonex
Well if the the SC is so front heavy, would the Supra be front heavy also?
lol, why are you resurrecting all these old threads? I'm sure not too many people want to discuss this...probably because it's been discussed several times already
Old 05-23-05, 01:07 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure how a thread about Ueno's soarer ended up with Hulk Hogan and his son in it. But first of all, the green Supra has 911 to the wheels, not 700. The black Supra isn't Hulks current Supra anymore. It is now fully done and is yellow with HKS twins. Nick is well respected on supraforums because he knows his stuff and knows what he has. Not just because his dad is Hulk Hogan.
Old 05-23-05, 02:19 PM
Five1OH
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VSsc400

"Normal Soarer weight distribution is about 7:3, but we have improved ours to 55:45." Ueno
The secret to this lies in what they've done round the front including losing about 27kg from the lightened bonnet and doors, and putting the battery behind the driver's seat. (more to come)

This alone makes a huge difference. They say it feels like a GT500 machine once you get the weight below 1300kg(2833lbs). Their car has been limited to 460ps in order to preserve a balance between speed and driveability. The suspension is Hypermax D'.

read this article and wanted to share, 7:3 F:R weight distribution is harsh and that's for the 1JZ equipped soarer.

Weight Distribution 55:45
Wheres the more to come? i wanna know alot more on how to lighten my car.
And how much lighter is the 1jzgte than the 2jzgte?
Old 05-23-05, 02:28 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Default Search for christ's sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Five1OH
Wheres the more to come? i wanna know alot more on how to lighten my car.
And how much lighter is the 1jzgte than the 2jzgte?
He posted that damn near 10 months ago and now someone has resurrected this old thread.

You newer guys are killing me. "Search" for your answers. Anything you can possibly ask within your first couple of months on this forum have already been discussed time and time again. No one wants to rehash this for the millionth time...this stuff is new to you and I understand that, but it's NOT new to the rest of us who have been here for a while and it gets frustrating seeing repetitive questions when all the answers are at your fingertips if you'd only use "Search"...
Old 05-23-05, 02:32 PM
robloc93
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
He posted that damn near 10 months ago and now someone has resurrected this old thread.

You newer guys are killing me. "Search" for your answers. Anything you can possibly ask within your first couple of months on this forum have already been discussed time and time again. No one wants to rehash this for the millionth time...this stuff is new to you and I understand that, but it's NOT new to the rest of us who have been here for a while and it gets frustrating seeing repetitive questions when all the answers are at your fingertips if you'd only use "Search"...
LMAO!!!,Your killing me Mike!!!
Old 05-23-05, 02:49 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by robloc93
LMAO!!!,Your killing me Mike!!!
Seriously dude, it's gonna eventually run me away from this site! If I see one more post asking, "where can I get this kit?" or "how do we fix the cracked center vent" or "where can I get some LS400 brakes?" I'm going to go postal...what people need to realize is that this forum has been in existence for a while, so assume anything you can think about in your first few months has already been covered...so therefore searching will yield more info than posting a repetitive question. I'm audi dude, this thread is pissing me off just by existing....

No one wants to take the time to simply search and read, everyone wants to just post their question and wait for someone to give them the easy answer. What happens is you have people giving opinions and answers and they don't know what they're talking about and it leads to confusion.
Old 05-23-05, 03:15 PM
robloc93
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Old 05-23-05, 04:30 PM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if u want a good thread for weight loss search for weight reduction worksheet. very comprehensive guide
Old 05-23-05, 05:06 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Please no one take offense to this but why does everyone bow down to this guy? I mean he may be a "great drifter" or whatever but really, for most of us that's not our goal. I dunno, it just turns me off anytime I see a bunch of people praising one individual and hanging on his every whim. Like someone else said, I'm tired of all this jdm nonsense (or maybe Im just having a bad day, I did get a parking ticket this morning...2 of 'em actually).
I think you've read enough posts from me to know I bow down to no one. When I say this I really agree with it. The SC300/400 does not look that good without bigger wheels and a nice little drop. It's beautiful when the wheel wells are filled. It's like nite and day. Anything else is gravy.
Old 05-24-05, 05:40 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

If I see one more post asking, ..."where can I get some LS400 brakes?" I'm going to go postal...
Where can I get some LS400 brakes?

Old 05-24-05, 07:05 AM
Gamer
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, How do I fix a cracked center vent ?