words from T. Ueno

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-04, 06:09 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default words from T. Ueno

Takahiro Ueno, talking generally:

Three conditions for enjoying your Soarer.
1. A Soarer is after all a luxury vehicle. Be proud of it. It's always important to keep it looking lovely.
2. Buy the one that you want, that looks good to you. Don't throw money on it wastefully.
3. There's nothing uglier than a normal car. Lower the car and put on big wheels if you do nothing else.

Famous in the world of Drifters is T&E's Takahiro Ueno.... "It's too big, too heavy, won't turn, won't stop, and the weight balance is wrong. It looks ugly in its normal form, but with a little tuning and styling it can be made into something really special. That's why I drive a 30 Soarer. With its big body the driving is voluptuous and it gives you that feel of explosive speed. With a boost of 1.2 to 1.3 you can get 320ps and the engine will last for years. With an early model you can enjoy the process of increasing boost. With a later VVT-i engine I recommend slapping on an after turbo. Because the engine is the same as the Supra and Aristo there are many common parts. With the V8, it's not really designed for speed; it's for enjoying refinement and elegance...
With a Soarer you have to make a decision: do you go the whole hog and turn it into a racing machine, or do you leave some luxury in the drive? You can enjoy it longer if you preserve some of the luxury for driving around your local town. At the same time it is possible to set it up into something highly refined and far removed from normal in order to extract unbelievable power. So you need to have a clear vision of what you want.

"The Soarer carries a lot of luxury features so it's a heavy car, but the body has been built tough and resilient to deal with this. With double wishbone suspension, even the super low ride on my car is quite good. Admittedly it gets a bit rough, especially with 19" wheels, but even so it's still quiet and comfortable. (Translator's note; he's probably comparing with other tuned cars like the Silvia) Possibly because the Toyota engineers never envisioned that it would be driven so hard, the engine mountings tend to shear. Get for example, Kazama Auto's toughened engine mounts.
.... distance covered is not a problem... as long as you change the timing belt the engine is fine beyond 100,000kms. We change the cams and turbines here, but there's no real problem."
Super lightweight body as a weapon and you can go for the D1 Grand Prix!

"Normal Soarer weight distribution is about 7:3, but we have improved ours to 55:45." Ueno
The secret to this lies in what they've done round the front including losing about 27kg from the lightened bonnet and doors, and putting the battery behind the driver's seat. (more to come)

This alone makes a huge difference. They say it feels like a GT500 machine once you get the weight below 1300kg(2833lbs). Their car has been limited to 460ps in order to preserve a balance between speed and driveability. The suspension is Hypermax D'.
..." If the setting on a Soarer is wrong you can easily lose control of the car when you're drifting. You have to be very careful about this. We recommned the D' because we developed it here."
With this system you can get Tsukuba circuit down to one second; if you get the set-up precise, then you're looking at zero seconds, or even a sub one minute lap becomes possible. A fearful machine, the Soarer!

read this article and wanted to share, 7:3 F:R weight distribution is harsh and that's for the 1JZ equipped soarer.

does anyone have a full spec of the T.Ueno's soarer? (i.e. ride height etc etc)

His dampener settings are 18FR and 16RR on the HKS hypermax D
wheels are 18x10 all around with 255/3518F +24 and 265/35/18R +18
Supra 80 brakes (I think this means MKIV calipers)
Weight Distribution 55:45
Do-luck front and rear sway bars

Last edited by VSsc400; 08-11-04 at 06:14 AM.
Old 08-11-04, 06:22 AM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

wow -- I didn't realise the SC was so heavy in the nose. Great find VSsc400... I gotta bookmark this one
Old 08-11-04, 06:37 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

3. There's nothing uglier than a normal car. Lower the car and put on big wheels if you do nothing else.
put some ghetto 20s and your parking lot pimpin, big ***** style.

a normal ferrari or lambo are ugly! this guy needs to wake up, too much jdm nonsense.

Last edited by aliga; 08-11-04 at 06:45 AM.
Old 08-11-04, 06:52 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

good find VS!

CEO
Old 08-11-04, 07:05 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by aliga
put some ghetto 20s and your parking lot pimpin, big ***** style.

a normal ferrari or lambo are ugly! this guy needs to wake up, too much jdm nonsense.
he he I don't think ferrari or lambo is a normal car he he he..

but I agree there are cars that are beautiful from the get-go..
Old 08-11-04, 10:44 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please no one take offense to this but why does everyone bow down to this guy? I mean he may be a "great drifter" or whatever but really, for most of us that's not our goal. I dunno, it just turns me off anytime I see a bunch of people praising one individual and hanging on his every whim. Like someone else said, I'm tired of all this jdm nonsense (or maybe Im just having a bad day, I did get a parking ticket this morning...2 of 'em actually).
Old 08-11-04, 10:50 AM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: words from T. Ueno

Originally posted by VSsc400
Takahiro Ueno, talking generally:
...Admittedly it gets a bit rough, especially with 19" wheels,
wheels are 18x10 all around with 255/3518F +24 and 265/35/18R +18
So which is it? 18s or 19s?
Old 08-11-04, 11:00 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by mikeloc24
Please no one take offense to this but why does everyone bow down to this guy? I mean he may be a "great drifter" or whatever but really, for most of us that's not our goal. I dunno, it just turns me off anytime I see a bunch of people praising one individual and hanging on his every whim. Like someone else said, I'm tired of all this jdm nonsense (or maybe Im just having a bad day, I did get a parking ticket this morning...2 of 'em actually).
no bowing down here.

the only point that i made from that whole article was the weight ratio which I'm sure none of us knew.

Originally posted by siniquezu
So which is it? 18s or 19s?
19's were too rough his current wheels are 18's
Old 08-11-04, 11:24 AM
SC_Speed
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That 7:3 number sounds incredibly high to me... I don't think its correct. A 7:3 distribution would be incredibly poor, even for a FF. Everyone has praised the IS for its weight distribution near 50/50 and it has basically the same major components. To me, the weight looks shifted even farther back on the SC... and I remember seeing something about the SC having a pretty good weight distribution.
Old 08-11-04, 01:05 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally posted by mikeloc24
wow then you should go to supraforums.com and see how everyone treat hulk hogan's son (14 years old with a 700hp Supra, nearly everything is done to this car) and why? because he is hulk hogans son, and if they talk crap they think hulk hogan will come busting down thier door and pull a close line and leg drop combo on them
Old 08-11-04, 01:08 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by SC_Speed
That 7:3 number sounds incredibly high to me... I don't think its correct. A 7:3 distribution would be incredibly poor, even for a FF. Everyone has praised the IS for its weight distribution near 50/50 and it has basically the same major components. To me, the weight looks shifted even farther back on the SC... and I remember seeing something about the SC having a pretty good weight distribution.
excuse me but why would the weight be more shifted towards the back? is it cause of that incredibly heavy amp and 12 disc cd changer? or perhaps its the spare tire? no... but then in the front you got; doors, hood, and duh....the engine. im sorry but the weight is shifted to the front. but i do agree with you about the 7:3 not sounding right. cant be that bad can it?
Old 08-11-04, 02:46 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Default more specs on Ueno's car

Engine : 1JZ-GTE
Upgrade: HKS GT30Pro turbine, F-con V pro, metal flow head gasket, twin power, EVC IV, AF knock amp, Legerfort muffler
Cooling: Yashio Factory Koyo racing radiator/HKS three row intercooler
Clutch : ORC twin plate
LSD : Deftforce/ATS two way
Transmission : Getrag 6 speed

Shocks/Spring/Rate
Front: HKS Hiper Max D 16kg
Rear: HKS Hiper Max D 14kg

Calipers/Rotor/Pad
Front: TZero 4 piston/Tzero Type TR
Rear: TZero 4 piston/Tzero Type TR

Wheels
Front: Volk GTC Face 1 10J-18 offset +24
Rear: Volk GTC Face 2 11J-18 offset +18

Tires
Yokohama/Advan Neova
Front: 255/35/18
Rear: 265/35/18

Others:
ATL Fuel cell, BEllof HID
Carbon fiber center console and dash panels
Bride Artis racing seats
Front and rear carbon fiber diffusers
Titanium and Aluminum boltsAcrylic windows
Carbon fiber hood
Carbon fiber doors
chassis spot welded at the seams and aluminum roll cage installed

well that's all i can milk from my magazine
Old 08-11-04, 03:11 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Calvin L
wow then you should go to supraforums.com and see how everyone treat hulk hogan's son (14 years old with a 700hp Supra, nearly everything is done to this car) and why? because he is hulk hogans son, and if they talk crap they think hulk hogan will come busting down thier door and pull a close line and leg drop combo on them
Blah ha ha ha ha ha! "Thunderlips" is old now, almost 60 right? I could take him I got a few moves of my own. I have one move called the "sac smasher" which instantly ends ANY fight, lol.

But that's kinda scary to know there's a 14 year old kid out there with that amount of power in a sports car. How the heck is that legal for him to drive?!?! Oh, I forgot...the law rarely applies to people with money. Does this guy refer to himself as "Hogan Jr" or something? I need to see a pic of this monster car of his. Please don't tell me groen men are kissing this kid's ****? That would be horrible. It's like the feeling I used to get when someone would roll up next to me bumping kiddie rap music like Kris Kross or Another Bad Creation, ha ha ha!

Last edited by mikeloc24; 08-11-04 at 03:13 PM.
Old 08-11-04, 05:39 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Here are pics of hulk ho..i mean nick (his sons) Supra. Like i said, it is heavily modifed; for a 14 year old

Even the "toughest" guys on supraforums, and believe me, there are many of them bow down to this 14 year old with a 700hp dawg. Im not saying its ok but the fact that they treat everybody else with disrespect and then here comes a celebrity's son with a car that would take years and tens of thousands of dollars to complete, they bend over at the possibility of a glimpse of Mr.Hollywood himself.

the black Supra is his dad's current dawg.

Last edited by G Star; 08-11-04 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-11-04, 05:42 PM
TopSCecreT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

awesome, a celebrity that chooses to bling out something other than the wheels, love the bling under the hood, that's hot

Quick Reply: words from T. Ueno