SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

I am SOOOOOOO mad!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-04, 01:13 PM
Traturn
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Slide pin likely seized in the caliper bracket, hence the $150 quote after the fact (bolt + bracket)

Local Lexus dealer likely didnt have the bracket in stock (they are different SC3&4).

Was likely after 2:00 pm, which is usualy the last order time for a Lexus shop. So bingo, Firestone cant get your bracket & pin ti'll tuesday.

An independant/chain store isnt going to call around to junkyards/salvage yards on a friday afternoon to help someone out. I would even doubt that they would install 'Used' parts if requested to. Especialy brake parts, their bread & butterl. If the part isnt available aftermarket that means you get to wait ti'll Tuesday for your car, just like they have to wait ti'll Tuesday to get the part to fix your car. Your car that you decided to bring to Firestone.

*edit* tab/enter is the devil.

I totaly agree with Fred on this.

Its your car. Its not new, its used. Used cars break, and break unexpectedly. Why would Firestone pay for a piece that is broken on your car? Furthermore why would they give you a 'Loaner' ? I bet they held back their laughter when you asked.

If the car's battery died when it was in the shop, do you think that they would replace the battery 'free' ?

When you bring your car in for its 40th oil change and the guy removing the drain plug finds it stripped, do you expect him to replace your oil pan free?

Maybe at lexus, but not at some independant/chain store.

Your car broke, you're paying.

p.s. how did it work out? get the car back yet?

Last edited by Traturn; 08-26-04 at 01:17 PM.
Old 08-26-04, 01:52 PM
Senator
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called the firestone shop around 2 on Friday, contacted Lexus of Tulsa at or around 2:30, and had the guide pin picked up the next morning. The problem is that the shop really did not want to fix the problem. They kind of just pushed it off to the side and said deal with it, its your car not ours. The only problem is that they are aware of situations like this happening since doing brake jobs is one of their most frequent jobs.

With all the crap aside, I still think that firestone handled the situation wrong. When I told the manager that I knew what was wrong, he said "How are you some kind of mechanic??" well, I did get my A&P licence and can work on airplanes.... and work on alot of other things as well. When I said that he was almost offended I think because after that he wouldn't even really listen to what it is I had to say at all.

Josh