SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

how much you think i could get for my SC?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-04, 03:10 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with everyone else that your ride is HOT, HOT, HOT!!!!! Unfortunately, I think you made the number one fatal mistake. When asking for suggestions, you listed the cost of each mod. That indicates that you are looking to recoup the majority of that money. NEVER HAPPEN!! I totally agree with previous posts stating to part out the car. That is definately the only way you will ever get any percentage of what you put into it back. Remember, once you begin doing mods, they should be for yourself, never for profit!! You will NEVER get back what you put in!!!!
Old 08-23-04, 07:28 PM
Din
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by mkorsu
I agree with everyone else that your ride is HOT, HOT, HOT!!!!! Unfortunately, I think you made the number one fatal mistake. When asking for suggestions, you listed the cost of each mod. That indicates that you are looking to recoup the majority of that money. NEVER HAPPEN!! I totally agree with previous posts stating to part out the car. That is definately the only way you will ever get any percentage of what you put into it back. Remember, once you begin doing mods, they should be for yourself, never for profit!! You will NEVER get back what you put in!!!!
im not looking for any profit nor tryin to get everything that i put into it. I just wanted to view peoples opinion on how much they think i could get maybe from someone that knew about cars. My best route it seems as parting it out and then selling the car as close to stock as posssible. Worst comes to worst ill jsut keep it and save up for another car or something..

i want to either get a 00+GS or a 99-00 S class.
Old 08-23-04, 08:51 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

no offense to anyone, but modding a GS seems a little bit played out. i see fixed up GS' everywhere. go with MB S-Class. that would be truly "pimp."
Old 08-23-04, 09:45 PM
Din
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Calvin L
no offense to anyone, but modding a GS seems a little bit played out. i see fixed up GS' everywhere. go with MB S-Class. that would be truly "pimp."
yeah ive seen them alot around here.
Old 08-23-04, 11:23 PM
Tommy K
Driver

sup din I say go with a LS man VIP style is rare to see one fixed up that is if you stay with lexus. If you go Mercedes yea go S class black on black that would be gangsta. Its also rare to see Mercedes at shows or you go an get a new Saab the 9-3 sport sedans are nice even the one that was made after the WRX platform. I do agree with parting it out and putting the car back stock with 97 bumper upgrades and slang the parts on CL. Your car is very nice we all even me are enveous of it.

good luck
Tommy K
Fresno Ca

Last edited by Tommy K; 08-23-04 at 11:24 PM.
Old 08-25-04, 07:49 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

dude, u'r car is fire !! just flat out awesome, i wouldn't sell it. i totally understand what u mean with the show scene. i'm getting out the scene 4 a while and coming back when i get something new 4 people 2 look at. mayb do the same like a full classy kit or a turbo or a major trunk set up, that way when u come back people forgot about u and its a fresh start 4 the next year or so, than sell it or do what u want with it. its the plan i'm following, just an idea tho...good luck 2 u....
Old 08-25-04, 08:09 AM
hansjl
Driver

Come to grips with what you want out of it dollar wise. You'll know your bottom line and you won't have to him and haw if you get an offer. It will be yes, sold or NO, (fill in the blank). It sure is a looker. With 11 trophies, ever think of advertising it in a specialty sales magazine? You might be surprised at the play you might get from around the country. Then there's autotrader.com, cars.com, and on and on. Pitch to the largest audience you can find, not just CL.

So have you decided a bottom line you'd let it go for, stripped and as is? If so, would you post them?