Default another shot...

notice the brand new paint job!
Attached Thumbnails SC400 Stolen in Montgomery, AL-sctotal02.jpg  
Old 08-29-04, 12:13 PM
Senator
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man. I am so sorry to hear that.
The dude got away?!?!?!? Me thinks that the police folks there in Alabama needs some kind of help....

Dust for prints??? there's gotta be DNA in there somewhere...

Bastards. If I had it my way they would be castrated and have their toe and finger nails pulled out with vise grips.

But hey, as long as you are getting rembursed that's cool, and props on the stereo insurance.

One question, is there any slight possible chance you could get the wheels? A friend of mine had to sell his off of his SC for cash. But now he dosen't have any wheels!!!! If there is any possiblity please!!! let me know!!
It would help out alot.

Josh
Old 08-29-04, 03:31 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Have u considered buying it from the insurance company and parting it out?? If so I could use several things from there - door panels, center console, drivers door lock mechanism etc. Lemme know if u decide to go that route.

Sorry for your loss though man, that really sucks. But at least u r getting some good $$ to get something new!

Peace,

jonny
Old 08-29-04, 07:01 PM
jewelerz
Rookie

What type of radio did you have in there?
Old 08-29-04, 07:07 PM
legendary
Racer

I am glad that they took care of you (insurance).

On a side note - my brother had an ES300, and he locked his keys in it - it was not that hard to get in it. ( I am no car thief or ever broke into one) but necessity is the mother of invention. I had to figure out a way to get into it so it could be towed to the shop for some engine work.

I might be able to help you out on the SC - hit me via PM.
Thanks and good luck
Old 08-29-04, 10:18 PM
autiger200
Driver School Candidate

Youre right, Josh. Montgomery Police need help. When I called to report it, the policewoman first asked me how I knew it was stolen.

"Cause I'm standing in the exact spot I parked it in last night and it aint here" !
"Are you sure?" WTF??
" What part of 'It aint here' are you not getting"?
"Well, do you know where it is?"
"If I knew where the hell it was, I wouldnt be calling you!" Gimme a break! In my defense, I was a little stressed.

They did take the airbag for evidence, as there was blood all over it. They also got some cloth fibers from the windshield where his head hit. Supposedly they were gonna check the hospitals, etc. for anyone coming in with headwounds, but I doubt it.

I was thinking something along the lines of... wrapping piano wire around the thieving bastards 'private soldier' while it was 'asleep' and then parading naked women (or men, depending on what flavor he preferred) in front of him and watching the resulting 'squeeze job'. Sorry if I give any of you nightmares... javascript:smilie('')
Big Grin

As for getting things from the car, stealing it was probably easier. This redneck b***h with bad skin and raccoon eyes behind the counter would not let me near it, even after admitting the towing and storage bill had been paid, and the police had released the hold. She said I had to get a release from my Ins company and the leinholder before I could even see it. I'll spare you the details of what I said, but when I finished my tirade and pulled out my cell phone to call the police on her, she relented. She did send a worker with me to document everything I removed from the car. Can you believe? ? Of course, when I did see it, it took everything I could do not to cry. I dont think I could stand to see it again. I know its just a car, but still...

The headunit was the top of the line Eclipse from about 2 years ago. Very nice HU, but it was twisted in the dash. One side of the fold down face was about 1/2 inch farther out than the other side. The whole top of the dash was leaning to the left. Even the console was broken. Youll notice in the pics that the glove compartment wouldnt even close.

Anyone had any experiences with the new Eclipse navigation Headunit? I think that would look great in the dash, and would certainly come in handy for the work I do.

Steven Lee