SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Damnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-01, 11:47 AM
SC400Turbo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I get it!?

Where can I buy plexiglass polish/cleaner? Blue Corral "plexiglass polish/cleaner" ...
Do they have it at Discount Autoparts, HomeDepot or what?
Thanks...
Old 09-22-01, 12:51 PM
Taka
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my plaxus from this guys, http://store.yahoo.com/classic-motor...--plastic.html
I dont know if it's good deal or not. but it was smooth transaction.
Old 09-22-01, 12:54 PM
Taka
Lexus Test Driver

oops, We are talking about different product, never mind...
Old 09-23-01, 11:04 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Unhappy hmmmmmmmmmmmm

You may have to drill a few holes(5 or 6) in the bottom(black part not lens) of the housings like was suggested earlier. I'll try the small bits. If all fails you may have to bite the bullet and get some more headlights.
Old 09-24-01, 04:03 PM
YuuDawg
Driver

kinda unrelated but...

are the turn signals in the front corners orange because the bulb is orange?

if i swapped those out for clear bulbs would my turn signals be clear?

what's the specs on those bulbs?

Thanks!
Old 09-25-01, 07:41 AM
933005spd
Lead Lap

Default no suh...

they are naranja my friend. You can get clear ones, I saw a post for them earlier. I think around 90 bucks, but you had to send yours in and initial feedback was to send them to the cheesemiester.

bye.
Old 09-25-01, 07:25 PM
YuuDawg
Driver

bulbs cost 90 bucks?
Old 10-02-01, 09:46 AM
Taka
Lexus Test Driver

Default moisture inside gone

hi, since I didn't close tightly, I had moisture inside the headlight. I reopened and resealed it again last weekend, the moisture is gone now
thanks guys
Old 10-02-01, 09:52 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Damn, Taka it is about time! I was starting to worry about you...

I'm glad I could be of service to you and save you some money as "Relexin" helped me... Isn't Club Lexus great?!

The Ikon
Old 10-02-01, 10:39 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Post I got this info from another CL member on my email at home...

Quote:
My name is Mark Mazor in Atlanta, GA. My wife recently purchased a 1993 Black SC300 on a whim. Sw it. Drove it. Bought it without a second thought. Shoot, it wasn't until 7 days later until I opened up the hood to see what the engine looked
like!

Anyway, as a new member of ClubLexus I wanted to tell you that I really enjoyed your message (and all subsequent messages) about openning up your headlight and thendoing the repair necessary. You see, one of the two things "wrong" with the car my wife bought was condensation/leaking into the passenger side headlight. The information you provided motivated us to remove the headlight yesterday afternoon and attempt a repair.

FYI - we tried something just a little different and I guess we won't know if it works for a few days, or until it rains around here. After removing the lens assembly we taped up all of the openings and electric connections and then using a syringe,
attempted to locate any faults in the seal around the lense by "shooting" red colored water into the unit. After about 30 minutes of trying to locate any gaps we concluded that the problem was probably the small rubber tube coming from near the bottom, which I guess is a drain of sorts. Besides being brittle and torn in 2 places, my wife noticed that it was upside down, the opening facing up, rather than down as it is on the
other headlight.

So, I went to a autoparts store where the guy gave me a 2"piece of fuel hose for free, and after my wife dryed the inside of the lense as best she could using a hair dryer, we put the entire assembly back in place. We also put some clear silicon around the
two light bulb assemblies thinking that maybe water could be entering thru there.

By the way, I called Lexus and they didn't even sell that small rubber drain piece. I've learned very quickly that "we" Lexus owners have to learn to find good substitute or replacement parts elsewhere. Hoping that our effort was a success, I'm going to have a great story to tell that Lexus expects us to pay $250.00 for an entire lense assembly even when the broken part is nothing more than a 25 cents piece of rubber tubing that is
easily removable!

Anyway, just wanted to share our story and thanks with you. At the moment I haven't figured out how to get the ClubLexus site to allow me to post and respond to messages,but I'm sure you will be seeing my contributions and questions in the near future.

Sincerely, MHM ("MarkMaz", on the board)

He has some good points too, I thought I would share with the forum.... I hope his system is working properly so he can post some more here soon...

The Ikon
Old 10-04-01, 06:06 PM
Taka
Lexus Test Driver

I use 2000grit sandpaper on outside the headlight glass, it's not doing anyjob. i see ...lots of scratch...it's not clear at all, it's white
Hi,
well yes, I use sandpaper and it made the lense VERY smooth, but it wasn't not clear at all! It made it very foggy.
Now I just got Novus 1,2,3 set (2 oz.) I applied them on, wow it looks brand new Lenz!
check out this page:
http://www.thunderbirds.org/forum/_disc1/00000493.htm
I only used 2000 Grit sandpaper but dont worry about an opaque haze caused by the sandpaper scratches, you can use Novus or other compund/polish to make it clear!
Save some $$$.

P.S I notice that I didn't have to open the lenz, I could just do outside with sandpaper and Novus.
so before you open the lenz, try to clean up just outside and see how you like.