SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Teaser pic 3....the final chapter

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-04, 06:08 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

$700 for coilovers sounds too good to pass up. I called prostreetonline to place an order. The guy says they don't make the tein basic's for the SC. Anyone know the part number of the basic's that fit an sc?
I convinced all my friends to go coilovers..They couldn't be happier...! It's a no brainer..
Old 09-23-04, 12:08 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Suspension

Originally posted by One HoT SC400
I convinced all my friends to go coilovers..They couldn't be happier...! It's a no brainer..

Guess what I did today.....c'mon, guess?

Okay okay, I ordered the Tein CS and I feel good about it.

This car is a money pit....deep money pit. But I'll be riding smooth.
Old 09-23-04, 12:15 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Suspension

Originally posted by reggiek
I ordered the Tein CS and I feel good about it.
What happened dude?? How come you just didn't get the Basics and save the other $500? Did you need to have the pillow mounts and softness adjustability?
Old 09-23-04, 12:40 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy crap!!! I can't believe what I'm reading..Reggie, I can't wait to see the look on your face and your car when you see how it looks and rides.. Congrats on the purchase and keep us posted(especially me) on when the coilovers come in..I know you"ll be happy with the TEIN CS..I feel this is a great choice for your car especially since you only like the best for it..
Old 09-23-04, 12:42 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

sorry to post again but, I'm still kinda shocked....LOL
Old 09-23-04, 12:43 PM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I ordered the Tein CS and I feel good about it.
Good man. That's what I like to see.

Last edited by CleanSC; 09-23-04 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-23-04, 03:59 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Suspension

Originally posted by mikeloc24
What happened dude?? How come you just didn't get the Basics and save the other $500? Did you need to have the pillow mounts and softness adjustability?

I got the cs because a luxury ride is most important to me. Second, I might as well get the best. Third, they don't make the basic for the sc, I don't like rigging things....plus the cs should be a better ride. I might wanna slam it sometimes just for the kicks. Lastly, I can tell others I got the best.
We'd be lying if we didn't admit there's some competitiveness in this thing. The ride is the main thing though. Besides, I got my money back on the eibachs. The tokico's are only 2 weeks old, I can sell em. I end up spending about $650 more. I can live with that.
I was gonna get a cold air intake anyway....that was my next surprise. Now, that will have to wait.
Old 09-23-04, 05:04 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

you won't regret it bro!
Old 09-23-04, 07:04 PM
AzLex
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Suspension

I got the cs because a luxury ride is most important to me. Second, I might as well get the best. Third, they don't make the basic for the sc, I don't like rigging things....
Using Supra coilovers or spring is not "rigging" anything becuase the SC and the Supra share suspension. The parts are interchangable and direct bolt on for both cars
Old 09-23-04, 08:08 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Suspension

Originally posted by AzLex
Using Supra coilovers or spring is not "rigging" anything becuase the SC and the Supra share suspension. The parts are interchangable and direct bolt on for both cars

I'm not going to disagree with you...you're probably right. On the other hand, the sc3 and the sc4 share many characteristics but the springs I got that were made for the sc4 are not working well on my car. They work but not as well as the ones made for the car would.
I listened to different salesmen tell me the basics would fit but they weren't made for the sc....that there are some differences in the chassis between the supra and sc. If it were the same the part number would be the same. I'm not a mechanic but I know the two don't weigh the same, are different lengths, different heights, etc. I didn't mean rigging as in having to tear down to rebuild. I meant that basics weren't made for the sc...yet. I prefer to do it right if I'm going to do it. Doing it right in my definition is getting good stuff that was made with that car in mind. But that's me. No kock on anyone with an sc buying basics. None at all.
Old 09-23-04, 08:24 PM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There is absolutely nothing wrong with using supra suspension on your SC. Its like using Supra seats, or a Supra engine/tranny in an SC...nothing wrong with that
Old 09-23-04, 10:42 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

The CS is the same way..Basically, the same part number means same part...

When my CS came in, it had a label on it...For Supra MKIV 93-98...Unless they changed it...

I do understand where your coming from though...
Old 09-24-04, 06:46 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Default suspension

Originally posted by One HoT SC400
The CS is the same way..Basically, the same part number means same part...

When my CS came in, it had a label on it...For Supra MKIV 93-98...Unless they changed it...

I do understand where your coming from though...

After seeing these last 2 posts I wanted to make sure I wasn't spending any unnecessary money. I checked the prostreetonline website for coilover fitments for both the sc and supra. For the tein cs, they are exactly the same spring rates and serial numbers. The site lists the cs as fitting the sc with 559 front and 336 rear. It works on whatever supra model that has the same numbers.
The basic's fit on supra's with spring rates of 783 f and 448 r. There is no listing for the sc for basic's.
However, if the spring rates for the sc are those listed above but those aren't the right numbers for the basic's it can't be a perfect match. That doesn't mean it won't work just not a perfect match. I don't do things like that. No knock on anyone who does. Besides, I'm sure everyone agrees the cs will probably provide the smoothest ride between the two. I'm sticking with the cs.

Last edited by Ice350; 09-24-04 at 06:49 AM.
Old 09-24-04, 09:43 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

reggie

i am in total shock and extremely happy for you , and i do mean that sincerely.. you are a great , honest up front no holes barred kinda guy ..

as johnee says you will be very very happy with them , i have driven in johnee's car and even with 20's on slammed its stock smooth ..

dont worry about the intake for the BFI is a better bet (if you want i can help you with the bfi intake , it will cost you under $50 from club home depot)

man , do me a favor , when you install , have them slam it for you , then come on over so i can see that beautiful color and wheels and then we can raise it up more to your taste

again real happy for you
Old 09-24-04, 03:32 PM
Indio
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Coilovers? Damn Reg you jumped in with both feet, congrats, keep in mind though with your lower ride height you may have to switch from the fat setup to conventional tire sizes, good luck.

Quick Reply: Teaser pic 3....the final chapter