SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

4 days later - another problem!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-04, 11:08 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well guys,

I got sick of the alarm that was on the car - it had lots of problems so I pulled that out today. Took quite a while to work out what was what but 3 million wires later, many connectors and a dictionary full of swear words it was out.

Put the key in the ignition, and lo and @#$%ing behold the biiiatch started!!

I was most shocked that something electrically worked on the car.

Hopefully without the alarm it may be easier to steal

I'll tell u where the keys are!!

Peace,

Jonny
Old 09-13-04, 07:40 AM
jeremyp111
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude, I've read some of your recent posts and I gotta tell ya, I've NEVER seen a car with as many electrical problems as yours. Hopefully you'll be able to figure that s%$t out and get it workin again. Pulling the aftermarket alarm is a good start. Those things can cause many many hard to trace problems. I've got the electrical diagrams on CD in pdf format if you need them. They are for a 92 SC400. PM me and I can email them to you.

Good luck.

J
Old 09-13-04, 09:00 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by jeremyp111
dude, I've read some of your recent posts and I gotta tell ya, I've NEVER seen a car with as many electrical problems as yours. Hopefully you'll be able to figure that s%$t out and get it workin again. Pulling the aftermarket alarm is a good start. Those things can cause many many hard to trace problems. I've got the electrical diagrams on CD in pdf format if you need them. They are for a 92 SC400. PM me and I can email them to you.

Good luck.

J
Hey man,

You are right - I haven't ever seen anything like this either. Either crappy workmanship or people playing with wires when they don't know what they are doing!! Someday it will be fixed and I will be a happy man. I really do love the car, just not its problems!!

Yeah man, if u could send me the wiring info I would be most appreciative. I am having problems with my parking lights and my tailights - so if u could find the right pages that would be awesome.

Email - drinkdontdrive@aol.com

Peace man,

Jonny
Old 09-13-04, 09:38 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

John, this is really getting out of hand. Ever considering buying another SC?
Old 09-13-04, 10:07 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by One HoT SC400
John, this is really getting out of hand. Ever considering buying another SC?
Dennis,

Yeah, I have. But then again I get scared that the same thing will happen to me - apparently I don't have such good luck with Lexus!!

I don't want to pass my problems on to someone else without being honest about them, but if I tell people about its problems then I will get raped on a price. Either way I am not going to be a ******* like the kid who sold it to me and screw someone over.

I really like my car, I just can't go more than 2 days without encountering a new problem!!

Take care man,

Jonny
Old 09-13-04, 12:05 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

DX3,

Next time you buy a sc, especially in the NY area. Ask one the locals. I finally figured out who you bought the car from and I could have told you it was a rolling time bomb before you bought it.

You may want to check your Traction Control. I know at some point during that car's life it was fried.
Old 09-13-04, 02:07 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by verylost
DX3,

Next time you buy a sc, especially in the NY area. Ask one the locals. I finally figured out who you bought the car from and I could have told you it was a rolling time bomb before you bought it.

You may want to check your Traction Control. I know at some point during that car's life it was fried.
Well he told me the differential was replaced with a Supra one and that is why I didn't have traction control

Jonny
Old 09-13-04, 02:34 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Dx3
Well he told me the differential was replaced with a Supra one and that is why I didn't have traction control

Jonny
The reason you don't have traction control is because the terminal connectors on the battery came loose and touched each other which fried the traction control. This is what the kid said last year at the NE meet .
Old 09-13-04, 07:27 PM
legendary
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

these cars are not known for electrical problems.

Like verylost mentioned, it was a hack job. Period.

Hate to see you troubled so....

C U soon
Old 09-14-04, 12:13 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

who the hell is this "kid" everyone keeps referring to? If he's been banned then there should be no harm in stating his handle. And yes, this is DEFINITELY a hack job...an idiot not knowing what he's doing ruined this car.
Old 09-14-04, 12:25 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

daizenlex
Old 09-14-04, 01:25 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

DX3,

Not sure if you know this yet, but the reason the wing is scraping off paint is because the kid was lazy and didn't use the last screw to install the wing. I think he got away with just 2 screw and left it at that.
Old 09-14-04, 02:23 PM
Thomas C
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dx3

Wow, you have had more electrical problems that I can even think of. I would bring it in to a shop and have them thoroughly check every little bit of wiring that was done. If not, sell your car and cut your losses. If you fix one problem one day and another problem another, its just going to keep on coming.
Old 09-14-04, 03:33 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by verylost
DX3,

Not sure if you know this yet, but the reason the wing is scraping off paint is because the kid was lazy and didn't use the last screw to install the wing. I think he got away with just 2 screw and left it at that.
Hey man,

Not a surprise at all. Just goes to show how ghetto that little biiatch really was. Thought he was ballin too

Someday he will get his

Peace,

jonny
Old 09-14-04, 03:35 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Batmanwcm
Dx3

Wow, you have had more electrical problems that I can even think of. I would bring it in to a shop and have them thoroughly check every little bit of wiring that was done. If not, sell your car and cut your losses. If you fix one problem one day and another problem another, its just going to keep on coming.
Hey man,

If I had the money I would do that - but unfortunately my circumstances will not allow it.

Someday someone will have the time and money to take care of her.

Peace,

jonny

Quick Reply: 4 days later - another problem!!