SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

4 days later - another problem!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-04, 01:15 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I am still very confused as to why the transmission needed replaced. Drove perfect for 1500 miles on the way there, he said it shifted great when he testdrove it. Before i left to drive up there, the fluid was checked and there were no problems.

Still very confused how the tranny went out within him owning it for 2 days

Peace,

Jonny
Old 09-20-04, 01:34 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Prometheus: I'll be around queens this weekend. PM me with your email or number and we'll hook up and check out the rides. What kit did you go with?
Old 09-20-04, 02:52 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have dealt with daizenlex in the past and had no problems.

as for dx3: prometheus is right the car could have been checked out, not anyones fault

prometheus: welcome to the club, what kit did you get, and post some pics!
Old 09-20-04, 05:08 PM
PROMETHEUS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something very different , i wont post any pic untill i get it completely done , so were all going to have to wait, me especially, I guess im fairly new to the forums, its just i met with him and he seemed like a nice person he even offered to help me work on my car, just a bit weird he would scam you like that , but i guess thats all dealt and done with,

DX3- Really i think the only problems you have are electrical get it checked out
Vssc400- As soon as i get my car ill make it official and come out
Old 09-20-04, 06:06 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by PROMETHEUS
its just i met with him and he seemed like a nice person he even offered to help me work on my car,

HAHAHA - watch his merry hands destroy your car!!!

Jonny
Old 09-20-04, 07:50 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

you guys need to chill out, daizenlex would not intentionally screw anyone over.

i helped him get this gold sc fixed, and if I thought he screwed anyone over, I would not have helped him. We are loosing alot of good members here due to banning. Pretty soon, alot of older sc guys will stop posting.

some recent bans:
daizenlex
kmn5

can we get them reinstated?
Old 09-20-04, 08:29 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by aliga
you guys need to chill out, daizenlex would not intentionally screw anyone over.

i helped him get this gold sc fixed, and if I thought he screwed anyone over, I would not have helped him. We are loosing alot of good members here due to banning. Pretty soon, alot of older sc guys will stop posting.

some recent bans:
daizenlex
kmn5

can we get them reinstated?

HAHA,

Not intenionally - hmmm So he didn't intentionally lie about half the things on the car?? Was it an accident that my apparent lack of working TRAC was not in fact b/c of a replacement of differential, but rather an idiot frying the system.

Reinstate the kid and I will be gone. Not a threat - a promise. I will not waste my time interacting with people who will see a blatant disregard for other members and do nothing about it.

Apart from him, I have encountered some awesome people on these forums, all of which seem to bend over backwards to take care of me. Cuz that is what true members do - they help each other - not F@#$ each other.

So lemme know and I will be gone.

Peace,

Jonny
Old 09-20-04, 08:45 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

so why did daizenlex get banned in the first place? if it could be told to the public
was it this deal or something else?
Old 09-20-04, 09:33 PM
Senator
Lexus Champion

Hey Johnny, just got home.

Yeah, I did some looking around some former posts....

Looks like the same one....

hmmmmmm interesting indeed.....

B.T.W. just got the new Streets CD. "A Grand Don't Come For Free" pretty good. Ever heard of them?Also, Johnny after pratice tomorrow night I am getting a beer and a burger at McNeilies, come by or call....Rugby players get a discount!!!!! Ha! finally these swollen joints are paying off. But back to the orignal statement....

In the words of Terrel Owens in last months playboy,,,
"If it looks like a rat, smells like a rat, acts like a rat, its probablly a rat."

Later,

Josh
Old 09-20-04, 10:52 PM
PROMETHEUS
Driver School Candidate

1. Johny i dont mean to sound like an ***, but you cant blame all your problems on him , YOU bought the car, YOU even test drove it and still bought. I mean when i go shopping for cars i dont trust anyone, and even of i do its my responsability to make sure i buy something that works.

2.Out of all the cars being sold 85% of them have something wrong with it that you wont know untill you buy it, its just a matter of fact, and you really shouldnt go around stating every single problem you have im sure you are talented in a way where you can fix most of these problems even by yourself. I mean i would definitely be pissed off like hell , but eventually your going to have to put it behind you and just let it be.

VREDNIYKOT
From what ive read i think DX3 had a problem , and ALISC4 for $26 bucks or something, and he got banned for that? I better watch out god forbid i disagree with two people here and ill get banned, i think the clublexus marketplace "should be at your own discretion"

When i bought my car the man told me nothing was wrong with it and when i drove it nothing was wrong with it untill two weeks later my alternator dies, my cluster stopped working, my ac unit light stopped working, you know i just had to suck it up fix it and deal with it.

I will actuall call daizenlex when i need some help on the car , i dont believe that hes that BAD of a
person , i spent almost 2 hours with him and he told me things about my lexus that i didnt even know.

Eddie
Old 09-20-04, 11:10 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Prometheus,

What you say is true outside of this forum, but many of the members here hold each other to a higher standard. For example, let's say I am buying Vssc400's car. I trust that up front he will tell me what is good and what is bad about his car and I mean everything that may or may not be wrong with his car. Vssc400 will also trust that I won't lowball him either. Same goes for if Vssc400 were buying my car. I'd tell him every last detail about my car, including that 1 inch stain on the carpet. That's how it is on CL. There is an inherent trust. It's this kind of trust you gain by being a long time member of this board.

I know somethings about Daizenlex's activiity on this board. Somethings I have been told. Other things I have learned first hand. I will relay a story from personal experience.

The first time I met Daizenlex was at the NE meet about 1 year ago. We were all bumming around Daizen's car and talking. Daizen reveals that his traction control wasn't working and was inquiring how to fix it. Remember, this was prior to him replacing his rear end. It was either me or someone else who asked how he fried his traction control. Daizen revealed that he hadn't secured his battery connections properly and they came loose while he was driving. The negative terminal touched the postitive. Daizen said it was a massive short and the car shut down while he was driving. Luckily, he said only the traction control was fried.
Now if you do a search in for sale forums, you will see that Daizen never revealed his traction control was fried. You will also find a post by me asking if he ever fixed it. He never replied. Now you can see in this post that Daizenlex LIED to DX3 when he said the traction control did't work because of the supra rear end.

Other highlights during that day included him finally figuring out that his spoiler was scraping off paint because he was too lazy to install the 3rd screw. And him repeatedly asking me "How do I make my car sound like that?" without ever inquiring about performance gains, but I won't hold this against him. It's just a pet peeve of mine when people care more about looks of their car than performance.

There are other stories out there, but they aren't for me to tell.

P.S Here is the link for his sale. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=101297
You can see I asked how much it cost him to fix the traction control.. I didn't want to troll his sale but I also didn't want a buyer to get ripped off so I stated it vaguely. By the way, I'm the guy in green with his back to the camera in the picture LIED

Last edited by verylost; 09-20-04 at 11:18 PM.
Old 09-20-04, 11:12 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

well, i dont wanna take sides here,
as some of you know i got lotsa parts for sale here and was doing a favor for one member here taking that part he wanted to the shop to get it disassembled and got rearended pretty bad and now i dont have a SC at all i was pissed big time and my loss is far more worse than Jonnys
but there is nothing i can do about it now, i made tha choice and i will have to live and deal with it, like it or not, that's just how life is, sometimes it's a pretty girl with long legs and nice pair of hooters and sometimes it's a fat ugly 8iAt(h and not always we see it comin'
dont worry Jonny, you'll find a solution, one way or another, we'll do what we can to help ya out
Old 09-21-04, 12:47 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

PROMETHEUS - A.K.A. Daizenlex - will not be able to respond further to this thread, pat himself on the back and tell everyone what a good guy he is, and stir the pot. Upper administration found the match earlier today.

now let's put it back on topic so we don't have to lock it. I can only ask once please

Last edited by O. L. T.; 09-21-04 at 12:51 AM.
Old 09-21-04, 01:11 AM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

holy smokes!!!
why he !!!! ...........

2 words: (yeah right! those ones)

Jonny, which side tail harness did you need (or both)? i think i might have found one but i'm not sure what side it is (if you still need those)
Old 09-21-04, 04:44 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

dx3: it worked

Quick Reply: 4 days later - another problem!!