SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

when does your gas light come on?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-04, 08:24 PM
MeehSoFly
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default when does your gas light come on?

Ever since i owned my 92 sc400...i haven't seen the gas light come on. Does it come on on ur last E line
or when it actually touch or pass the E. This kinda scares me when i get to the last e mark and drive for
a while with no gas light on...so i fill it up. Just think its kinda wierd and maybe my gas light is gone.
anyone have any clue?
Old 09-23-04, 08:36 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

when i drive my car...the gas light always comes on and then i still have another 40 to 50 miles....to go i posted a thread on this a while ago...how many miles are you averaging for a full fill up?

Here is the thread that i started https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=78266

CEO
Old 09-23-04, 08:55 PM
MeehSoFly
Driver

Originally posted by THE_CEO
when i drive my car...the gas light always comes on and then i still have another 40 to 50 miles....to go i posted a thread on this a while ago...how many miles are you averaging for a full fill up?

Here is the thread that i started https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=78266

CEO
i haven't really paid attention to the miles just when i see it on the last line for a while...i fill up...
no light indicator comes on. does yours come on when it touches the last line or when it covers up the E
. i'm just haven't seen the gas light warning sign. Should i just drive it till it goes past the E to find out if its
my light indicator? I dun't want my car to die half way in the streets because of gas...ya know?
Old 09-23-04, 09:37 PM
dinh626
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My indicator light comes on really late...like under E....i dunno, i was like you and was scared about running out of gas, but had to find out if my indicator worked...so i just drove until it came on, and there's still plenty of gas left even when it does....it's designed that way.
Old 09-23-04, 09:45 PM
MeehSoFly
Driver

Originally posted by dinh626
My indicator light comes on really late...like under E....i dunno, i was like you and was scared about running out of gas, but had to find out if my indicator worked...so i just drove until it came on, and there's still plenty of gas left even when it does....it's designed that way.
hey thanks for the answer...whew...thought i was the only one...that's whut i wanted to know..so...its way past the letter E.
Old 09-23-04, 09:46 PM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

I've noticed that in our cars... The gas light does not come on early.. IT almost seems to come on at exactly E or slightly below.
Honestly I have only driven once for about 30 miles after the light came on and had no issues.
Old 09-23-04, 09:53 PM
MeehSoFly
Driver

That 's koo...so now i shouldn't be scared once it hit the last line...hehe
Old 09-23-04, 10:53 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

My gas light doesn't come on

I stop by the station and fill'er up
Old 09-23-04, 11:56 PM
0l33l
Lexus Test Driver

Never Wait, that's my fuel gauge. My refill light comes one properly
Old 09-24-04, 06:04 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally posted by MeehSoFly
i haven't really paid attention to the miles just when i see it on the last line for a while...i fill up...
no light indicator comes on. does yours come on when it touches the last line or when it covers up the E
. i'm just haven't seen the gas light warning sign. Should i just drive it till it goes past the E to find out if its
my light indicator? I dun't want my car to die half way in the streets because of gas...ya know?
When it starts to cover the E about halfway...it will vary because you have a fuel injection car...so the light will go from dim to bright..and vary on the brightness when you go up or down a hill..until it is a solid orange. Once my light goes a solid orange..i know i have 40 to 50 miles more to go...i usually fill up in the city when i have about 430 miles to a full tank...highway im near about 480 miles...just to be safe..hehe. when you fill up your car set your trip meter and look to see how many gallons you put in your car try to max it out with little spillage/overflow...then you will know how man more gallons you have to use...you car has 20.6 gallons if you only fill up with 18 you can potentially go an extra 20 to 25 miles more per gallon depending on your driving style..

CEO
Old 09-24-04, 03:36 PM
MeehSoFly
Driver

Originally posted by THE_CEO
When it starts to cover the E about halfway...it will vary because you have a fuel injection car...so the light will go from dim to bright..and vary on the brightness when you go up or down a hill..until it is a solid orange. Once my light goes a solid orange..i know i have 40 to 50 miles more to go...i usually fill up in the city when i have about 430 miles to a full tank...highway im near about 480 miles...just to be safe..hehe. when you fill up your car set your trip meter and look to see how many gallons you put in your car try to max it out with little spillage/overflow...then you will know how man more gallons you have to use...you car has 20.6 gallons if you only fill up with 18 you can potentially go an extra 20 to 25 miles more per gallon depending on your driving style..

CEO
Thanks CEO !! exact answer I was looking for. Nice Post !!
Old 09-26-04, 09:32 PM
lexsc3
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ive filled up right as its gone on a couple times and i get about 17-17.5 gallons in, so i figure there is at least 3 gallons left in the tank
Old 09-27-04, 05:21 AM
southernsc
Lexus Champion

3 gallons left in the tank. for me around 340miles
Old 09-27-04, 07:00 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had solid orange lite for 30 miles. I filled up 20.02 gallons
Old 09-27-04, 07:57 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally posted by VSsc400
i had solid orange lite for 30 miles. I filled up 20.02 gallons
hehe nice your like me...pushing it...how many miles did you get off of that tank?

CEO

Quick Reply: when does your gas light come on?